Giving Away An 'Old' Sony Midi-System In Cm

Scrubber

I have an 'old' Sony midi-system (bought about 7 years ago) that I don't use anymore. It plays CDs (but not MP3s), tapes and has a tuner. I don't want to throw it out and I can't sell it, so does anyone out there want it or know of any charity that could make use of it?

I dont know of any particuIar pIace, but im sure one of the IocaI orphanages wouId be reaIIy happy to have something Iike that. EspeciaIIy the ones with Iess funding. WouId be nice to see something Iike this going to a charity. :D

Scrubber,

Although GTF's offer would be hard to refuse, if you want to possibly make a few baht off it there's a thrift shop on Wua Lai rd. that deals in that kind of thing. Coming from Airport plaza going toward the city on Thipanet there's a " Y " in the road where Wua Lai branches off to the right. The shop is up about 300M or so on the right.

Edited by ThaiWx

Thanks for the replies, suggestions & offers.

If anyone knows where one of the orphanages Eek mentioned is, I'd happily take it there. I seem to remember there being one on the canal road out past the 700-year old stadium....

A great big THANK YOU is herewith forwarded to Leung Scrubber from staff and especially the children from The Rena Green Memorial Childrens Home.

I am assured by those in charge that your Sony Stereo System will be put to the best of use.

.... and thank you ' eek ' for making the suggestion.

Photo of some of the important beings at this home... It brought, and will continue to bring smiles from those who it is all about.

post-108940-013188600 1286614986_thumb.j

A great big THANK YOU is herewith forwarded to Leung Scrubber from staff and especially the children from The Rena Green Memorial Childrens Home.

I am assured by those in charge that your Sony Stereo System will be put to the best of use.

Photo of some of the important beings at this home... It brought, and will continue to bring smiles from those who it is all about.

You are more than welcome, as are the kids at the childrens' home. Many thanks to The PunPun for getting it to a good home.

PS. Less of the 'leung' please - I don't feel like one yet wink.gif (even though I have six nephews & nieces back in Blighty) whistling.gif

Nice......Big thumbsup.gifclap2.gifto all of you!

I can take it to Wat Don Chun, the biggest orphanage in CM

They have 650 orphans there.

Just decide who you think is the most deseving case

I'd be happy to collect and deliver

TP Can you give me the actual address please either here or pm and any other info?

Cheers smile.gif

I can take it to Wat Don Chun, the biggest orphanage in CM

They have 650 orphans there.

Just decide who you think is the most deseving case

I'd be happy to collect and deliver

TP Can you give me the actual address please either here or pm and any other info?

Cheers smile.gif

PM Sent

Can somebody who knows about this stuff please post locations, contact details, etc for Chiang Mai children's homes?

I think there is probably a lot of us who would like to help out with these places if we knew a bit more about how to go about doing so. I, for instance, have got a couple of big boxes of kids books and toys from when my little one was a toddler - he's grown out of these toys and very simple books now and I'd love to be able to re-home them with some kids who have very little...

Come on, share the knowledge... :jap: