Cmu Wants More Money From Students

thaiguy55

The thread in the visa forum is locked, so I'll post this here. Mods please don't move.

As many people know, CMU recently terminated the 1yr Thai Langauge and Cultural Exchange Programs offered by IUS at CMU. Then CMU decided at the last minute to reinstate the 1yr Language Programs under many conditions outlined in this letter - http://www.li.chiangmai.ac.th/. The thread detailing the whole mess is here

A few days ago, my thai teacher informed me that classes would be starting up again, and asked if I (along with the other 5 students in class) wanted to continue with the same class and the same teacher. We all said yes, and were happy to here that classes would likely be starting up again soon. I spoke with my thai teacher today, and was informed that CMU plan to charge the students who choose to continue the course extra money for doing so. My teacher was unsure about the exact amount, but should find out soon. CMU has caused the students (and people enrolled in the cultural exchange program), much stress and financial loss with respect to visas and not refunding the course. Now they want students to pay more to continue a course they already payed for. This is absolutely appalling. Has anyone else enrolled in the 1 yr course heard a similar story from their teachers?