Australian Gourmet Pie.

gennisis

I had always thought that the Australian image of a brash nature was perhaps down to he past inflow of forced immigration of less than perfect individuals.

I was wrong!.

Its got to be because of their pies

Many a time on ThaiVisa I have read of these mouthwatering culinary delights,so I bought a Lady meat pie and a Lady sausage roll.

Now I have eaten many a meat pie at many football grounds back in UK ...but if a Lady pie were to be sold there I am quite sure that the protests would demand they be sent off...a certain red card!...Little bits of meat? not much gravy and ittle taste. The 'meat' could have been from any animal....kangoroo,emu...crocodile,all of which I am told are popular in Ausieland.

The Sausage Roll was a relevation....Roll it was but Sausage?? Dark brown filling tasting only of white pepper.

If these are the Gourmet selections I can now understand why Australians have ,what appears to be an 'attititude' to outsiders.

and someone recently had the cheek to decry Fray Bentos pies....couldnt be an Australian because they obviously have no idea of a GOOD PIE.

Edited by gennisis

Undoubtedly you have not had the THRILL of eating the genuine pies n peas. When I go back first thing I do is, but a ozzie pie.

There used to a famous brand called Sargents. They were bloody delicious. As kids we had a rhyme made-up of this pie n it goes like this.

Sargent pies full of flies n magots in the corner, but them here, eat em there, n die around the corner.

Have a nice day.:rolleyes:

What is a "Lady " pie???

Kenny

an Aussie Pie company over here makes Aussie pies and the name is Lady Pie. based in Phuket.

the Pies are not that great but all the Aussies seem to like them. :bah:

I disagree.

I have found them to be quite tasty and the pastry delicious - if a bit over-priced.

What is a "Lady " pie???

Kenny

an Aussie Pie company over here makes Aussie pies and the name is Lady Pie. based in Phuket.

I disagree.

I have found them to be quite tasty and the pastry delicious - if a bit over-priced.

Last time I brought some they cost 75 baht each. I thought the price was good. I just don't think they are that tasty.

Undoubtedly you have not had the THRILL of eating the genuine pies n peas. When I go back first thing I do is, but a ozzie pie.

There used to a famous brand called Sargents. They were bloody delicious. As kids we had a rhyme made-up of this pie n it goes like this.

Sargent pies full of flies n magots in the corner, but them here, eat em there, n die around the corner.

Have a nice day.:rolleyes:

..we had National Pies brand..jingle went.."National Pies are made of flies and stuffed with maggot sauce..the only time they do taste good is after intercourse"..haha

What is a "Lady " pie???

Kenny

Ah. Well, I had "English Fish and Chips" in Georgetown last week.

Two small pieces of fish covered with bread crumbs and ten (10) crinkle cut frozen "chips".

Does that mean English Fish and Chips is no great shakes?

The poster should eat a pie in Oz and I'm sure he would change his mind.

Kenny

What is a "Lady " pie???

Kenny

Ah. Well, I had "English Fish and Chips" in Georgetown last week.

Two small pieces of fish covered with bread crumbs and ten (10) crinkle cut frozen "chips".

Does that mean English Fish and Chips is no great shakes?

The poster should eat a pie in Oz and I'm sure he would change his mind.

Kenny

With respect, English Fish & Chips are not cooked in breadcrumbs.

They are obviously available with breadcrumbs to satisfy people who want that style. However, authentic F & C will be cooked in batter (preferably - for me - beer-batter).

Last time I brought some they cost 75 baht each. I thought the price was good. I just don't think they are that tasty.

Now min 85 Baht !

Agree. I had one a couple of weeks ago and found them pretty poor quality compared to even a Four 'n Twenty. The pastry was to greasy, the meat too chunky and very little gravy. Nothing like a real Aussie meat pie. About a 4/10 I thought