K-1 Visa Affadavit Of Support Question

My fiance and I are waiting for her petition to get approved to go to America on a K-1 visa. Since we are both living in Thailand and coming to America, I will not have proof of income because I will not have a job once I get back to America. To help us out, my father is going to sponsor my fiance.

Few questions:

What should he write in the field for, "Relationship to Sponsor"? Future Father-In-Law?

Second, my father has a lot of accounts at a lot of firms/banks. To make things easier, can he just show proof of income from his employer to show he can support her or does he really need to supply EVERYTHING? (Stocks, Bonds, Bank Accounts, ETC.) He makes way over the poverty level.

Thanks

Edited by Thaigift

Q:What should he write in the field for, "Relationship to Sponsor"? Future Father-In-Law?

A: Father of......... ( what ever your name is

QSecond, my father has a lot of accounts at a lot of firms/banks. To make things easier, can he just show proof of income from his employer to show he can support her or does he really need to supply EVERYTHING? (Stocks, Bonds, Bank Accounts, ETC.) He makes way over the poverty level.

A: only need to show sufficient income to sponsor you , a little more would not hurt.