Curriculum Vitae (Cv) For Retirement Visa

Hello,

I am currently in the process of getting together my paperwork to apply for a Non O-A (retirement) visa at the local embassy in Berlin.

One of the requirements is "Lebenslauf (in englischer Sprache)" = CV in english language.

I have written some tabular style CVs for job applications in the past, but have no idea what style and detail is expected for such a CV.

Does anyone have a suitable example (link) or personal experience?

There is no such general requirement so suspect you should be asking the Embassy. Suspect anything would be fine.

Or just forget it and come here and extend your stay for retirement inside Thailand. Requirement is 800k in Thai bank account 2 months or Embassy letter of 65k per month income/pension.

In Canada, when I applied for my O-A Retirement visa, I didn't have to provide anything like that.

Medical certificate (my doctor got a good laugh over that), police report saying I wasn't a criminal, photos, and some financial statements indicating I had investments and property in Canada ensuring an income greater than the equivalent of 800k baht. Seemed like a standardized form asking what my address would be, when and where I was coming from, etc.

But no CV or anything that seemed remotely like one.

Just come out here on a double entry tourist visa or whatever, and get the 1 year extension.

No silly questions to answer, no silly documents required.

Just a letter from your Thai bank manager (100bht from SCB) stating you have 800kbht, and photocopies of bank book.

There is no such general requirement so suspect you should be asking the Embassy. Suspect anything would be fine.

Or just forget it and come here and extend your stay for retirement inside Thailand. Requirement is 800k in Thai bank account 2 months or Embassy letter of 65k per month income/pension.

Hello lopburi3,

yes they require it here.

Just had a Skype session with a friend of mine who is in LOS already. He applied in January this year and only gave very basic chronology. He says its just a "formal thing".

FYI: you can apply here in Germany for Non O-A retirement (365 days stay permitted, multiple entry, valid one year). Advantage: some basic security of the visa status BEFORE cancelling work and lease contract, packing the container etc.

No document translations required. Proof of savings in local Euro account and "only" 16000 Euro required at the moment. So for the first year one is not forced to transfer 800 k to LOS. Other requirements as usual (medical cert., criminal record) etc.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Actually you can get almost a second year without funds in Thailand by entering just before your one year visa expires as you will get a new one year permitted to stay. Just be sure any travel after expiration or original visa has a re-entry permit to keep your stay alive.

"Actually you can get almost a second year without funds in Thailand by entering just before your one year visa expires as you will get a new one year permitted to stay."

Are all O-A visas multiple entry?

If I remember correctly I think you have to stipulate it on the application, (M or S for Multiple or Single)

You pay for single or multi when you obtain (different price) but some places seem to only issue one or the other. If you have chance the multi entry makes a lot more sense as a single entry would not allow any travel without obtaining re-entry permits at 1,000 baht each and no chance of the second year stay before immigration extensions of stay.

Acording to the leaflet and to what my friend has gotten, this Non O-A visa is always issued as a multiple type.

The standardized application form here has a "number of entrys" field, where I will write multiple.

The price is a steep 130 Euro (~ 5200 THB).

I hope to be through till end of next week.

If one is interested I will post the outcome.

It can be issued as single or multi but local Consulates may restrict to one or the other. The single is very dangerous as if you leave without a re-entry permit the extension is lost - that is the reason they started to make the multi entry available/normal - a great number of single entry original applicants lost the extension of stay very quickly as they had no idea for a need of the re-entry permit.