Great Sunday Roast, Pleasant Surprise

changnaam

Just stopped at the White Horse (Eastern Grand Palace) for some food after a day at the beach. Had seen the ad somewhere on TV and thought it would be worth a try. lovely set up, nice bar, pool tables, good beers and very reasonable prices.

Had Roast Beef which was good, roasts, mash, yorkshire pud, carrots, brocolli and cauliflower. It was on "special" for THB150 and I was really impressed. 3 bottles of Singha to go with it and that came to THB300 for my side of the bill. The biggest surprise was that for the 2 hours that we were sat there we were the only customers.

Defo worth a visit for anyone in the area, the food was well above the standard I expected for the price. Seems they have a special every day for THB150, The lasagne on a monday sounds tempting as it is hard to get decent lasagne here.

Anyway I thought they deserve a plug, obviously spent a lot of money and it is a good venue. No I have no interest before that old chestnut comes out

Sorry to be ignorant but where is The White Horse at Eastern Grand Palace. I'm always looking for reasonable and recommended places to eat. Hope you can give me some directions.

Many thankgs, Glanville63

It is just East Of Sukhumvit, start of Soi Khao Tolo I think. If you turn off Sukhumvit just before the South Pattaya Tesco Lotus heading out of Pattaya you are somewhere near. It is before you go over the railway in the big hotel building.

Sorry don't know the area too well, sure someone will be a better guide !!

yes if you want a quiet drink ie. on your own then this is the place-----------------probably as big as borh shenanigans put together and always empty-------------pity so underused

up the soi as said before and see eastern hotel on left sraight into car park and pub on left

has pool and darts and some live music i believe

Edited by neilf

Its location is not good. Inside a hotel for designed for Koreans!, and no dog on the menu blink.gif

You’ve got it spot on saying The White Horse is located in a hotel full of Koreans.

It baffles me as to why someone would build an English style bar and restaurant in a hotel full of Asians, it doesn’t make any sence.

I live just up the road and whenever I’ve eaten in there it’s always been empty.

The foods fine but the lack of an atmosphere let's it down big time.

Its location is not good. Inside a hotel for designed for Koreans!, and no dog on the menu blink.gif

You've got it spot on saying The White Horse is located in a hotel full of Koreans.

It baffles me as to why someone would build an English style bar and restaurant in a hotel full of Asians, it doesn't make any sence.

I live just up the road and whenever I've eaten in there it's always been empty.

Just to clarify - The White Horse Inn IS NOT IN The Eastern Grand Palace Hotel, when you drive in off Kow Thalo the White Horse is round to your left and the Eastern Grand Palace is off to the right - at least 100m between them, clear enough signs.

Iv'e never seen any Koreans in the pub!

You've got it spot on saying The White Horse is located in a hotel full of Koreans.

It baffles me as to why someone would build an English style bar and restaurant in a hotel full of Asians, it doesn't make any sence.

I live just up the road and whenever I've eaten in there it's always been empty.

Just to clarify - The White Horse Inn IS NOT IN The Eastern Grand Palace Hotel, when you drive in off Kow Thalo the White Horse is round to your left and the Eastern Grand Palace is off to the right - at least 100m between them, clear enough signs.

Iv'e never seen any Koreans in the pub!

how would i spot a korean anyway

only 50 baht for a beer as well, the place should be rocking.

HL :D

mickeys bar between bhukow and 2nd road does tiger at 35 and ace bar jontiem does chang at 30 baht--------times they are a changing

I was in his bar watching England V Japan just before the World Cup, there was some polite Japanese male in there, and Mickey the owner was as rude and liberty taking to him as he could have been for absolutely no reason, made me embarrassed to be English .... somehow i doubt the scrawny little man would do it if he didnt have his regulars in there to someone who wouldnt stand for it.

Complete pr1ck best avoid the place.