Swedish National Kim Roger Eriksson To Face Death Penalty In Thailand

webfact

Unfortunately I dont know much farangs here which not drink on a daily base, many of them if not most of them are driving home hereafter with own car or motobike, risking the life of other ppl day by

day

Dear moskito,

How do you know this? Is there a special program you have on your pc or perhaps you've visted the homes of most tv posters? I'm not sure. :rolleyes:

Dear Neverdie,

may be we should bet and ask the TV members if they are addicted to alcohol and find out the numbers then from the honest members. Addiction is also a beer or two every day and I bet there are more then 50% here having this or more on a daily basis. Another 50% of them for sure do drive home after, no one needs a pc program for that.

have a nice one

anyone fancy a pint !

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think this guy is innocent. He's victim of corruption and this is a classic case of entrappment.

We should get organised to visit this choir-boy. We should support him by serve him milk and cookies every day and support him with money in prison so he can live a decent life.

i would do if he was english or a mte of mine but not for some foreing stranger. forget it i woul dbe out of pocket if i supported every foreigner banged up abroad.

any way the case is not clear

I still think this guy is innocent. He's victim of corruption and this is a classic case of entrappment.

We should get organised to visit this choir-boy. We should support him by serve him milk and cookies every day and support him with money in prison so he can live a decent life.

any way the case is not clear

Well, getting caught with all the pipes and flasks to make the stuff and being in possession of some 53 grams seems like a pretty clear case of being guilty as charged.

He was going to sell the knowledge of how to make this drug to other people. He could have been responsible for killing thousands. I think that is worth the death penalty.

And how different is that than the person who shares his knowledge about brewing beer, wine or hard liquor?

You say "would have been responsible for killing thousands?" Where did you get that number - off the top of your pointy head?

If you want to talk numbers of people killed - by drugs - ...and you want a really big realistic number, try tens of millions - and the drug I'm referring to is, (yes, you guessed it) alcoholic drinks. Go on, flesh out your logic, and condemn to death every person who is or plans to disseminate info on how to turn sugars in to alcohol for human consumption.

i think what reuins people lives more is that deafing music from advertising trucks. i mean drugs is a choice thing. Have constant noise from advertisers and loud lait night music parties.

Reminds me of two true stories:

A. a Thai friend of mine got annoyed by a Thai neighbor of his, playing his out-of-tune electric guitar. The guitarist played on his front porch, just across the street from my friend's house, with the amp turned on full and aimed right at the house. The annoyed guy took a rifle and shot at and destroyed the amp the guitarist was sitting right next to. Talk about a life-threatening situation!

B. A backyard party at a female Thai lawyer's house. Neighbors get enraged by the loudness of the music - so they come to the site and shoot half the revelers dead.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but when you talk about life-threatening substances (meth, etc) ....how different is that, than other life-threatening actions (playing too-loud music). Each can cause death, and the latter can arguably be caused by addiction to very loud sounds. If you don't think listening to loud sounds can be an addiction for some people, try turning off their loud sounds while they're listening to it, and see their reaction. .....scant different than turning off the supply of drugs to a drug addict. Rage, revenge, blood-lust, palpitations, maybe even white spittle at the corners of the mouth. I jest not.

Speaking of pin heads (brahmburgers,)it's one thing to make alcohol for your own personal consumption and a totally different thing to make illegal drugs to use and possibly sell to others. If you want to distance yourself from society and the rules society creates then you should create your own little country (Planet Pinhead)and write the rules you want your citizens to live by.

Being banged-up in Klong Prem prison...surely not as nice as an apartment in Oslo...tough way to learn the world is not all like Sweden. Only 29 and wanted to live the life...should have come for holidays only and done any dealing (if any) in Sweden to finance them.

I always thought Oslo was in Norway ?!

He was going to sell the knowledge of how to make this drug to other people. He could have been responsible for killing thousands. I think that is worth the death penalty.

He needn't have bothered, the information is freely available all over the internet.

"Active in the real estate sector":lol: :lol: :lol:. It's amusing how the Swedish rag fail to mention that the suspect were sentenced to 3,5 year in jail by Swedish court as late as February 2010 because he got busted in his own apartment for running a lab for steroid production.

http://st.nu/lokalt/...brott-i-sverige

If he continues to protest his innocence,then under thai law (if found guilty )the death penalty is mandantory.If he pleads guilty the his sentence is downgraded to 99 years!Having visited Klong Prem on a number of occasions...yes they do have access to laundry stuff and medical treatment,but the Hilton it is not!Last year a new prison governor was appointed with the result that suicides went up,gang violence and stabbings increased dramatically and mass lock downs were implimented if just one prisoner broke the rules!He may be lucky as some countries have a prison exchange system (usually after 5 years).No doubt better in Gotenburgh prison any day of the week in comparison!!!

Dear Neverdie,

may be we should bet and ask the TV members if they are addicted to alcohol and find out the numbers then from the honest members. Addiction is also a beer or two every day and I bet there are more then 50% here having this or more on a daily basis. Another 50% of them for sure do drive home after, no one needs a pc program for that.

have a nice one

Ohh I'm having a nice one thanks. Sorry, Im always going to work against you statistic there Mr moskito, as I'm a tea tottler. I abuse coffee though. :lol:

Guilty or not guilty is not the question, the question is why doing stuff like that? Ok the demand is there so take the interest if you get catched while doing so, could be a set up like it was with dear Victor the Russian framed by the NSA and DEA the equivalent of the German SS and SA during the Hitler years.

I was staying in Thailand for 20 Years without ever getting in trouble, just by following the rules and stay clear of psyscho Foreigners and Thais as well, when I worked there I had proper permit to do so, no not for a Foreign Company but for local ones.

Now I am living in Ghana and Malaysia and do the same there, follow the rules and you are fine in any Country.

During my Year as a Monk in Thailand i paid weekly visits to the Prison and it was always the same story, everyone was innocent, of course there are a few who really where, but they where mostly in touch with the wrong people on the outside and made up good scapegoats.

Nothing more to add to it, wait and see what the unjust justice of Thailand makes out of it. He gets cought while the big fish still produce more of it so the stupid Kids can get it.

I see some truth in this story.

Thailand is just the kind of place that your fellow foreign colleague, who himself engages in illegal activity, will turn around and report you to police to score points, cash, to evade his own arrest, or just to get rid of you. There are plenty of psycho farangs here in Thailand, in part as can be evidenced by all the "hang him high" and "hope he rots in hel_l" responses that fill this Thai Visa forum -- the kind of foreigners that always side with a very corrupt police and judicial system just because they have the power.

"String him up boys..!"

yep string him up nazi style. )

As for ice reuning peoples lives. i agree. if u r stupid enough to take the stuff. i think what reuins people lives more is that deafing music from advertising trucks. i mean drugs is a choice thing. Have constant noise from advertisers and loud lait night music parties. That is not my choice. noone forces people to take ice.

Also if everyone knows how bad it is then why do so many people take it. Maybe these people are so stupid they are beyond saving and would be better off profiting a clever dealer. though the dealer is alo stupid cause he got caught. som nomb nar.

also the only person that has the power is Hee man and gets that from the castle of Gray skull not from Ice or corrupt police

When your Dad gets home from work and see's what you've posted on his Thaivisa account....you're for it kid.

Unless you put a call in to He-Man at Castle Grayskull before the evil Skeletor gets home.

"Active in the real estate sector":lol: :lol: :lol:. It's amusing how the Swedish rag fail to mention that the suspect were sentenced to 3,5 year in jail by Swedish court as late as February 2010 because he got busted in his own apartment for running a lab for steroid production.

http://st.nu/lokalt/...brott-i-sverige

If he continues to protest his innocence,then under thai law (if found guilty )the death penalty is mandantory.If he pleads guilty the his sentence is downgraded to 99 years!Having visited Klong Prem on a number of occasions...yes they do have access to laundry stuff and medical treatment,but the Hilton it is not!Last year a new prison governor was appointed with the result that suicides went up,gang violence and stabbings increased dramatically and mass lock downs were implimented if just one prisoner broke the rules!He may be lucky as some countries have a prison exchange system (usually after 5 years).No doubt better in Gotenburgh prison any day of the week in comparison!!!

I don't think that he deserves the very good standard, the very good food and everything else that the Gothenburg prison offers their guests for free...

I see some truth in this story.

Thailand is just the kind of place that your fellow foreign colleague, who himself engages in illegal activity, will turn around and report you to police to score points, cash, to evade his own arrest, or just to get rid of you. There are plenty of psycho farangs here in Thailand, in part as can be evidenced by all the "hang him high" and "hope he rots in hel_l" responses that fill this Thai Visa forum -- the kind of foreigners that always side with a very corrupt police and judicial system just because they have the power.

and you side with who?Please list there accomplishments leave out trying to burn down Bangkok.:(

And how different is that than the person who shares his knowledge about brewing beer, wine or hard liquor?

You say "would have been responsible for killing thousands?" Where did you get that number - off the top of your pointy head?

If you want to talk numbers of people killed - by drugs - ...and you want a really big realistic number, try tens of millions - and the drug I'm referring to is, (yes, you guessed it) alcoholic drinks. Go on, flesh out your logic, and condemn to death every person who is or plans to disseminate info on how to turn sugars in to alcohol for human consumption.

i think what reuins people lives more is that deafing music from advertising trucks. i mean drugs is a choice thing. Have constant noise from advertisers and loud lait night music parties.

I don't understand why some TV members don't understand the meaning of relativity. If 10 out of 100 people who uses drugs die from drug use, that's 10%. If 100 out of 10,000 people that drink die from drinking, that's 1%. Sure, 100 is much more than 10, but which is the more dangerous substance? Your chances of having your life ruined by drug use is much greater than from imbibing alcoholic drinks. That's just plain common sense

Are we supposed to feel sorry for him?<_<

Yes, You Sick &lt;deleted&gt;, You Are. It's called empathy and people who aren't psychos or sociopaths have it as part of their personality. It always amazes me to read the comments in this forum. Seems like a lot of fascist control freaks choose to move to thailand. I'm not defending what the Swede did but he doesn't deserve life imprisonment or the death penalty. That's obvious to anyone with a conscience.

What is it about Thailand that attracts these neo nazi control freaks any ways. Every time I read TV and it has anything controversial then these fascist fools seem to come out of the wood work. "Hes 29 yrs old &lt;deleted&gt;&gt; him ,give him life or better yet give him 20 yrs then torture him and then kill him".

They probably end up here 'cause nobody wants them where they come from.

Reminds me of two true stories:

A. a Thai friend of mine got annoyed by a Thai neighbor of his, playing his out-of-tune electric guitar. The guitarist played on his front porch, just across the street from my friend's house, with the amp turned on full and aimed right at the house. The annoyed guy took a rifle and shot at and destroyed the amp the guitarist was sitting right next to. Talk about a life-threatening situation!

B. A backyard party at a female Thai lawyer's house. Neighbors get enraged by the loudness of the music - so they come to the site and shoot half the revelers dead.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but when you talk about life-threatening substances (meth, etc) ....how different is that, than other life-threatening actions (playing too-loud music). Each can cause death, and the latter can arguably be caused by addiction to very loud sounds. If you don't think listening to loud sounds can be an addiction for some people, try turning off their loud sounds while they're listening to it, and see their reaction. .....scant different than turning off the supply of drugs to a drug addict. Rage, revenge, blood-lust, palpitations, maybe even white spittle at the corners of the mouth. I jest not.

Speaking of pin heads (brahmburgers,)it's one thing to make alcohol for your own personal consumption and a totally different thing to make illegal drugs to use and possibly sell to others. If you want to distance yourself from society and the rules society creates then you should create your own little country (Planet Pinhead)and write the rules you want your citizens to live by.

Who said anything prior about making alcohol for one's own personal consumption?

I'm saying: if you're going to wave a hangman's noose in front of every two bit drug pusher for making something that might harm others - then wave the same noose in front of the millions of people producing and marketing and purveying the world's #1 most harmful drug - and you should know which one that is. There's only one drug that causes thousands of deaths and beatings per day worldwide (dozens in Thailand each average day) ....and that's alcoholic drinks.

You're good at calling nursery school names, but how good are you at reading and understanding simple sentences?

Because Europeans essentially conquered the world, their chosen drugs (beer, wine, liquor) are what's deemed 'normal' - so all other substances are deemed wicked. Plus, producing and marketing alcohol is a trillions $$'s per year industry. It's in the best business interests of alcohol purveyors to sing the praises of their drug, while demonizing all other drugs. It makes sense and it's been a highly successful business plan, don't you think?

Being banged-up in Klong Prem prison...surely not as nice as an apartment in Oslo...tough way to learn the world is not all like Sweden. Only 29 and wanted to live the life...should have come for holidays only and done any dealing (if any) in Sweden to finance them.

you sound very eloquent besides that Oslo is the Capital of Norway.

I dont doubt that he was making the drug to sell in which he chose one of the worst countries in the world to do so when talking penalty wise....but does he deserve the death penalty...I dont think so.

Zero tolerance to drugcrime might look good on paper but in the real world seems a bit hard....one mistake and your dead...not very humane!

I don't understand why some TV members don't understand the meaning of relativity. If 10 out of 100 people who uses drugs die from drug use, that's 10%. If 100 out of 10,000 people that drink die from drinking, that's 1%. Sure, 100 is much more than 10, but which is the more dangerous substance? Your chances of having your life ruined by drug use is much greater than from imbibing alcoholic drinks. That's just plain common sense

Whose numbers are those? ...from what source?

Granted, it could be argued that if the % is higher for a particular drug, then it's a greater scourge to society as a whole. Yet, it could also be argued that the sheer weight of numbers (large # of people harmed each day from alcohol use) is a scourge. Which is the greater menace to society? Admittendly, a good topic for debate.

It's also prescient to articulate what type of harm are we referring to? If it's spouse beating or road carnage, then alcohol is far and away the most harmful drug, by any yardstick you care to measure with.

Incidentally, I'm not at all convinced that drugs other than alcohol cause 10 times more harm than alcohol. Particularly when you take in to account drugs which are deemed illegal (hemp) which cause zero harm. And drugs which are done in the privacy of one's house or village (pot or Amazonian toad sweat).

• 1 month later...

Swedish Drug Trial Starts Today

Today, Monday 29 November, the case against Swedish Kim Roger Eriksson will go to court for the first time, and Kim may be facing the death penalty.

On the 14th of July Kim Roger Eriksson was arrested for possessing 53 grams of pure meth- amphetamine. Furthermore police found a home laboratory and chemicals used to produce drugs of that kind.

The public prosecutor has raised the case under the Narcotics Law of 1979 and according to the case files, reviewed by ScandAsia, they will charge Kim Roger Eriksson not only with possession of the drugs but also with producing with the purpose of sale.

Charges which, if proven, will most likely result in the death penalty.

When arrested in July, Kim claimed that he was only interested in learning how to produce the meth-amphetamine so he could later re-sell that knowledge.

ScandAsia will follow the case closely and be present in the court room when the case opens this afternoon.

Source: http://www.scandasia.com/viewNews.php?news_id=7831&coun_code=se

SCANDASIA

-- 2010-11-29

footer_n.gif