Looking To Buy Chickens

Xircal

I'm in the market for chickens. Quantity is estimated to be about 300 a day. I need suppliers within two to three hours driving distance of Sakaeo in Eastern Thailand.

If there are any farmers who can supply the birds, could you please quote me a price.

Many thanks.

OK, so I guess there aren't any farms breeding broilers among TV members.

That being the case, can anyone point me to any farms where I can buy them?

Yes -Saha farms or C/P/(Chareon Phokhaphand). They supply chicks on contract and buy the birds when ready to sell.Indepent suppliers of that quantity ,very difficult to find.You could try wandering around Chinatown . There are many shops that sell day old chicks there.They are located in a main street near Klong Krung Kasem

OK, so I guess there aren't any farms breeding broilers among TV members.

That being the case, can anyone point me to any farms where I can buy them?

Yes -Saha farms or C/P/(Chareon Phokhaphand). They supply chicks on contract and buy the birds when ready to sell.Indepent suppliers of that quantity ,very difficult to find.You could try wandering around Chinatown . There are many shops that sell day old chicks there.They are located in a main street near Klong Krung Kasem

Thanks for the tip. But my girlfriend's parents who want to embark on this venture live in Sa Kaeo. I don't think they'd want the hassle of driving into Bangkok every day somehow.

But where is Chareon Phokhaphand located? I think I saw that name somewhere earlier this evening, but where...

I also found one called "Chicken Farm" located at Khao Hin Son, Phanom Sarakham, Chachoengsao. Do you happen to know that one?

Pricewise though, the going rate at the moment appears to be 38 Baht a bird which is good news.

C.P. is Thailands largest agricultural conglomerate. Their head office is in Bangkok. I doubt there is any independent producer of day olds who could supply with 300 a day.That is an enormous quantity.There is a thread here , by a Farang who grows under contract to C.P., He has made a huge capital investment in shedding etc.. His post is very interesting. See if you can find it. Best of Luck

I found the thread you need, in Farming, titled Contract Chicken Farming

That's the thread by Monkeypants I believe. But he's breeding chickens. I don't want to do that, only buy the ready-made bird which will subsequently be sold on to the contacts my GF's parents have.

Edited by Xircal

That's the thread by Monkeypants I believe. But he's breeding chickens. I don't want to do that, only buy the ready-made bird which will subsequently be sold on to the contacts my GF's parents have.

No Monkeypants set up is not for breeding but contracted to Sahar farms i believe just for growing the chicks to culling size, Sahar farms supply both the chicks and food and then collect from the farm so many weeks later

Do you mean you want dead chickens? If so you want a chicken processing plant not a farm. Big difference

One stuffs them (with food)

the other stiffs them

ps I think you'll find the 38bt is per kilo not per bird.

Edited by grimleybob