Thai Police Detain Woman, Man In Nonthaburi Blast Probe

webfact

Well, it's Saturday and there's no news about Ms. Wasa's little chat with the police.... :huh: Either she hasn't bothered to turn herself in or else the police won't make any statements because it might embarrass an important person!:blink:

I suspect that this is the last that we will hear about her or her boss.

Or maybe she had a visit that caused her to shut up. Like that other guy in jail who initially said he would spill the beans...then the red shirt guy visited him and he refused to talk any more....

That's a pretty ambiguous post! Which other guy in jail? Which red shirt guy?

You might have a point, but the lack of detail is just asking for trouble... you surely know the M.O. on this forum by now!

Anyway, can I assume that this is 'forgotten' news? If so, that doesn't bear very well for the future. I've been here for 9 years now, and I still can't get over the atrocious reporting standards.

Yep...pretty bad. I was lazy and didn't do a search to find more details. It's here on TV, but I have friends in and am a bit busy now. I was hoping somebody would help out with the details. Sorry!!!! :jap:

I just tried searching for it and can't find it. I know he had something to do with a bombing and said he knew who the guys were who ordered it. Then somebody from PTP visited him and the next day he refused to speak to anybody about it.

Again, poor post on my part. Sorry!!!!!

Or maybe she had a visit that caused her to shut up. Like that other guy in jail who initially said he would spill the beans...then the red shirt guy visited him and he refused to talk any more....

That's a pretty ambiguous post! Which other guy in jail? Which red shirt guy?

You might have a point, but the lack of detail is just asking for trouble... you surely know the M.O. on this forum by now!

Anyway, can I assume that this is 'forgotten' news? If so, that doesn't bear very well for the future. I've been here for 9 years now, and I still can't get over the atrocious reporting standards.

Yep...pretty bad. I was lazy and didn't do a search to find more details. It's here on TV, but I have friends in and am a bit busy now. I was hoping somebody would help out with the details. Sorry!!!! :jap:

I just tried searching for it and can't find it. I know he had something to do with a bombing and said he knew who the guys were who ordered it. Then somebody from PTP visited him and the next day he refused to speak to anybody about it.

Again, poor post on my part. Sorry!!!!!

I also vaguely remember, I think it's this about k. Surachai:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/2010/07/21/politics/Surachai-offered-new-proposal-in-exchange-of-infor-30134262.html

http://www.thailandoutlook.tv/tan/ViewData.aspx?DataID=1032427

Yup! That's it! Thanks!!!!! Here is the part I vaguely remembered....

Surachai initially agreed to reveal information to police but changed his mind after meeting a team of lawyers from the opposition Pheu Thai Party.

Surachai initially agreed to reveal information to police but changed his mind after meeting a team of lawyers from the opposition Pheu Thai Party.

Were they carrying a large candy box, grenade launchers or just doing the usual we know where you and your family live and we cant guarantee their safety and it will be announced by the fat big mouth on the red stage at every opportunity?

Photo of the red shirt terrorism suspect Surachai Tewarat

aidej.jpg

Reminds me of the pseudo investigation of the two young women who died mysteriously at the g.h. at Ko Phi Phi a year and a half ago. ...a sputtering of investigation which petered out faster than grandma moses on a treadmill.

Well, at least Thai investigative prowess is predictable.

Were they carrying a large candy box, grenade launchers or just doing the usual we know where you and your family live and we cant guarantee their safety and it will be announced by the fat big mouth on the red stage at every opportunity?

I'm sure they were carring a candy box with a pic inside of his house and family with a big red X on them. Enough to make me shut up.

I'm sure they were carring a candy box with a pic inside of his house and family with a big red X on them. Enough to make me shut up.

Apparently his family are under the friendly protection of the DSI, or were until the Lawyers stepped in; some background;

On the 18th Jul,y DSI Chief Tharit Pengdit stated;

After getting permission from the Criminal Court to hold Surachai "Rang" Thewarat at the Bangkok Remand Prison, DSI investigators planned to summon him for more information as their case investigation report needed to be submitted on Monday, Tharit said. "In my recent talk to Rang, he asked for 1-2 days to think before telling [us] what happened [in attacks] on the authorities." He added that although the suspect had not confessed, he seemed to be calmer and evidence clearly linked him to many violent incidents during the two-month red-shirt rally, especially the sale of weapons.

Tharit said that a DSI sting operation to buy weapons had seen Surachai delivering the goods himself, hence he could not say the accusation was groundless.However, so far Surachai had yet to reveal details that implicated other people. The DSI is not relying on only information by Surachai, but it has obtained crucial detailsgathered from three groups of witnesses: the eyewitnesses to the incidents, special witnesses with inside info now under DSI protection, and intelligence military officers who blended in with redshirted demonstrators duringthe protests in May.

The DSI had previously stated that he had been responsible for 8 seperate grenade/shooting incidents. When queried about this, PM Abhisit said the police needed time to gather evidence and that the Police would not bully anyone. Judging from the DSI statements above, there should be a lot of "evidence" available.

Then, on the 20th July, Tharit made Surachai an offer he couldn't refuse (but obviously did)

The Department of Special Investigation has come up with a new proposal for Surachai Tewarat, a terror suspect who has so far refused to admit his suspected involvement in the Bangkok violence in May.

DSI chief Tharit Pengdit said on Wednesday that his department will offer immunity from prosecution to the wife and mother of Surachai, a right hand aide to slain Maj Gen Khattiya Sawasdipol, if he agrees to reveal information concerning the violence. Both women were allegedly involved in sting operations to buy war weapons and would testify as witnesses at the trial,Tharit said.

This is when the PTP Lawyers stepped in and supposedly Surochai stopped talking - when it appears that he hadn't said anything of significance in the first place. Presumably that's why Tharit came up with his new "proposal", to encourage him to talk.

And since then, it's been quiet so we can only assume that the DSI is still looking for more information.

On a side note this is the same DSI that accused Taiwan of being used as an armed combat training ground for Sucharat. Taipei's Economic and Cultural Office were moved to send a diplomatic note to the Foreign Ministry saying that the DSI report was groundless and asking for clarification.

Cambodia, Taiwan, where next?

(all sources above are from The Nation)

<snip>

On a side note this is the same DSI that accused Taiwan of being used as an armed combat training ground for Sucharat. Taipei's Economic and Cultural Office were moved to send a diplomatic note to the Foreign Ministry saying that the DSI report was groundless and asking for clarification.

I haven't been able to find any information on the DSI accusation against Taiwan. Do you have a specific reference for that?

<snip>

I haven't been able to find any information on the DSI accusation against Taiwan. Do you have a specific reference for that?

Here you go,

http://www.nationmul...l-30134134.html

<snip>

Here you go,

Ahhh ... the reason I couldn't find it is because you mentioned Sucharat, but is actually about Surachai.

Thanks ...

<snip>

Here you go,

Ahhh ... the reason I couldn't find it is because you mentioned Sucharat, but is actually about Surachai.

Thanks ...

No, thank you, it was in my mind that I had written Sucharat, somewhere but I couldn't find it in my post. I'll edit it now to save further confusion.

Apparently his family are under the friendly protection of the DSI, or were until the Lawyers stepped in; some background;

On the 18th Jul,y DSI Chief Tharit Pengdit stated;

After getting permission from the Criminal Court to hold Surachai "Rang" Thewarat at the Bangkok Remand Prison, DSI investigators planned to summon him for more information as their case investigation report needed to be submitted on Monday, Tharit said. "In my recent talk to Rang, he asked for 1-2 days to think before telling [us] what happened [in attacks] on the authorities." He added that although the suspect had not confessed, he seemed to be calmer and evidence clearly linked him to many violent incidents during the two-month red-shirt rally, especially the sale of weapons.

Tharit said that a DSI sting operation to buy weapons had seen Surachai delivering the goods himself, hence he could not say the accusation was groundless.However, so far Surachai had yet to reveal details that implicated other people. The DSI is not relying on only information by Surachai, but it has obtained crucial detailsgathered from three groups of witnesses: the eyewitnesses to the incidents, special witnesses with inside info now under DSI protection, and intelligence military officers who blended in with redshirted demonstrators duringthe protests in May.

The DSI had previously stated that he had been responsible for 8 seperate grenade/shooting incidents. When queried about this, PM Abhisit said the police needed time to gather evidence and that the Police would not bully anyone. Judging from the DSI statements above, there should be a lot of "evidence" available.

Then, on the 20th July, Tharit made Surachai an offer he couldn't refuse (but obviously did)

The Department of Special Investigation has come up with a new proposal for Surachai Tewarat, a terror suspect who has so far refused to admit his suspected involvement in the Bangkok violence in May.

DSI chief Tharit Pengdit said on Wednesday that his department will offer immunity from prosecution to the wife and mother of Surachai, a right hand aide to slain Maj Gen Khattiya Sawasdipol, if he agrees to reveal information concerning the violence. Both women were allegedly involved in sting operations to buy war weapons and would testify as witnesses at the trial,Tharit said.

This is when the PTP Lawyers stepped in and supposedly Surochai stopped talking - when it appears that he hadn't said anything of significance in the first place. Presumably that's why Tharit came up with his new "proposal", to encourage him to talk.

And since then, it's been quiet so we can only assume that the DSI is still looking for more information.

On a side note this is the same DSI that accused Taiwan of being used as an armed combat training ground for SUROCHAI. Taipei's Economic and Cultural Office were moved to send a diplomatic note to the Foreign Ministry saying that the DSI report was groundless and asking for clarification.

Sorry, had to reply to my own post as I could't find a way to edit it after posting edit is in BOLD CAPITALS