Where To Obtain A Re-Entry Permit

I need to fly to the States next week for 2 weeks due to a family emergency. I am on a NonB with a 1 year extension, so I need the re-entry permit. Do I have to use my "local" provincial immigration office which is in Chok Chai (3 hour drive from my home) or can I do it in Bangkok. Does the airport offer this service?

Thanks in advance. Mizzi

Thanks for the replies. Now i know that the airport is out. Can I obtain a re-entry permit at immigration in Bangkok and is there more than one office in Bangkok that does the permits, since i will be there the day before my departure, or do i have to make a special drive to my "local" provincial office which isn't very local.

Thanks again.

Apply at the office you received your extension.

Thanks again. I know that most people go to their area provincial office for their visa affairs me included, my question is can i get the re-entry permit at the main immigration office in Bangkok since i will be there on Monday 18 hours before my departure or is my local provincial office my only option? Anyone else out there with a similar experience, or should I have the wife just call immigration.

Edited by mizzi39

The rule is that you apply at your local office.

Thanks for the reply LB. I will have the wife call both offices anyway. Probably should have done this before posting.

I could not imagine If someone was on holiday in Koh Chang, but their area immigration office was in Chiang Mai and an emergency happened that required an immediate departure, the visa holder would have to get their ass all the way back to Chiang Mai in order to get the re-entry permit? makes no sense to me, but as always TIT!

Thanks for the reply LB. I will have the wife call both offices anyway. Probably should have done this before posting.

I could not imagine If someone was on holiday in Koh Chang, but their area immigration office was in Chiang Mai and an emergency happened that required an immediate departure, the visa holder would have to get their ass all the way back to Chiang Mai in order to get the re-entry permit? makes no sense to me, but as always TIT!

Which argues for getting at least a baht 1,000 single Re-Entry Permit at the same time you get your extension. Good "insurance!"

Mac

I thought you could still email the form then go with a pic and the money to suan plu the next day to get a re entry? As far as I know nobody from USA gets extensions there now