Asphalt On The Ghost Road?

Yes and they should continue to fix the chaweng road between tesco and beach road... that one is in much worse condition... Anyway this road was famous about the flooding and dirt come to road after rain, now we dont have that but we have a new problem. The drainage pipes doesnt connect at bandon to the opposite side of drainage so now after every rain whole bunch of sandbanks appears and flooded the whole road, causing havoc...

Anyway, happy to see the improvements, hopefully they dont stop their good habit ;)

Yes and they should continue to fix the chaweng road between tesco and beach road... that one is in much worse condition... Anyway this road was famous about the flooding and dirt come to road after rain, now we dont have that but we have a new problem. The drainage pipes doesnt connect at bandon to the opposite side of drainage so now after every rain whole bunch of sandbanks appears and flooded the whole road, causing havoc...

Anyway, happy to see the improvements, hopefully they dont stop their good habit ;)

Yes the Bandon intersection can be a nightmare of late, after the rains. The other soi you mentioned really tests out your suspension, so lets hope its on the to do list in the very near future. :unsure:

When I read that F1 was coming to Thailand I never realised it would be coming so quickly, nor did I realise it would be on Koh Samui.

well done Bernie Ecclestone.

Apparently somchit rhyda from honda motorbike racing team is gonna test ride it out as soon as it opens, or maybe the day before.

Edited by starcandle

Very good news indeed as the road widening and installation of underground drains up to now has left the drain pipe access points (hatches) sticking up beyond the road surface. This is not only very dangerous but puts the drain holes above the road surface. When the edging of the road (concrete about 10cm high) was done I was hopeful they would be raising the road surface. While the higher speeds of the completed road may end up being less safe than the original narrow, bumpy, and slow road, the interim state of it has been terrible for motorbikes and small cars. It does seem to me that the current infrastructure being put in has better engineering than prior projects - maybe faint praise but a good direction of change.

Yes the Bandon intersection can be a nightmare of late, after the rains. The other soi you mentioned really tests out your suspension, so lets hope its on the to do list in the very near future. :unsure:

Yes can get entertaining going through there, Will have to put the off road tires back on!

Cheers though to improvements.