Help On Overseas Mobile Number To Thailand

ahyong

hi, i am from Singapore. As i always travel to Thailand the auto roaming bill for my mobile phone costs me a bomb. Is there any solution i can use my singapore mobile number while in thailand to call/SMS to my friends & clients as usual like a auto roaming system at a cheaper rate?

Edited by ahyong

Best solution ^^^ and leave a message on your Singapore phone to call it :) or you could re-direct the Singapore phone to the Thai number (but you'll incur charges for all re-directed calls).

If you really want to use your existing number you can cut call costs by using the 009 (or 008-002) prefix rather than 001 for your international calls much better rates but they don't all work from all mobile providers and you can't send SMS's.

Signup to Rebtel. They will create a local Singapore number to enable you to call Thailand at local rate charges plus a small charge (usually about 1 cent a minute) to Rebtel. I use the service all the time to call my girlfriend in Thailand from the Netherlands and the line is always crystal clear. You don't need a PC to use it either and it works with both a landline and a cell phone.

At this particular moment in time though, the reverse isn't possible i.e. you can't call Singapore from Thailand, or anywhere else for that matter.

Signup to Rebtel. They will create a local Singapore number to enable you to call Thailand at local rate charges plus a small charge (usually about 1 cent a minute) to Rebtel. I use the service all the time to call my girlfriend in Thailand from the Netherlands and the line is always crystal clear. You don't need a PC to use it either and it works with both a landline and a cell phone.

At this particular moment in time though, the reverse isn't possible i.e. you can't call Singapore from Thailand, or anywhere else for that matter.

hi thanks for the reply, can i use my existing singapore number to use it? as the number to be call?

hi thanks for the reply, can i use my existing singapore number to use it? as the number to be call?

Yes, you don't have to change anything. You can use up to five numbers in fact. Just set the mobile you want to receive SMS on as "Preferred". Then in your Accounts page, you just add the ordinary phone number you want Rebtel to create a local call rate for and they'll SMS you confirmation to your preferred number. You'll see it appear on the site almost immediately anyway.

Yes, you don't have to change anything. You can use up to five numbers in fact. Just set the mobile you want to receive SMS on as "Preferred". Then in your Accounts page, you just add the ordinary phone number you want Rebtel to create a local call rate for and they'll SMS you confirmation to your preferred number. You'll see it appear on the site almost immediately anyway.

thans for your great help i will figure out.

• 4 months later...