Pizza In Jomtien

bubba1

I can't say it is the best, but it is pretty good...wood fired oven and all. It's Tony's near the Pinnacle in NaJomtien. Right on the beach. Great place to relax, watch the sun set and have a pretty good pizza. If you follow the beach road all the way south to where it hits Suk (keep following the curves, eventually this road becomes Huay Yai), turn right on Suk and follow the signs for the Pinnacle (it's literally the next road south of there heading to the sea). Go past the Pinnacle and turn right where it runs into the sea. It's about 100 meters down on the sea side. Very relaxing...

I'm originally from Boston. My favorite restaurant in all of the Pattaya/Jomtien area is "Richman Poorman", on Soi 9, off of Jomtien Beach Road. The owner is Eddie Behr, who is a career "food professional" from Long Island, NY. The type and preparation of food in Boston and NY are very similar; so Eddie's is like "home cooking" to me. :-)

There are many different styles of pizza in the world, and even within the USA. As with all foods, "the best" is a matter of individual preferences. That said, Eddie's pizza, made in the style that I grew up with in the northeast, is my favorite here. (I also love everything else on his menu - sandwiches, pasta, steaks, chops, various other dinners and bar snacks, and great breakfast items, . It's a very full and diverse menu.)

Free buffet (with a 200 baht minimum beverage bin) every Friday. Great food at that, as well. Serve yourself all you can eat.

If you like real American cooking, try it. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I really like the pizza from above the Robin Hood bar (opposite Love Joys) on Thappraya Road. I had Seafood Kapow last night and the small pizza is a meal itself and only 100 baht. They have all the traditional pizzas but the girls love the 2 Thai types. It does take about 45 minutes to serve you as they make them from scratch so if in a hurry better go elsewhere. I have ordered ahead for takeout and that works fine also. Best pizza deal in all Pattaya in my opinion.

I am not very fond of any pizza in Jomtien, so far. Pan Pan used to be OK but I don't go there anymore. It would probably still rate as my top pick in Jomtien, but that's not saying much. The pizza at that open air garden place near Foodmart is below average. Nandos on the beach is minimalist cracker style, and a rip off. I understand people liking Rich Man Poor Man but I find it a weak approximation of N.E. American pizza. Much closer is the New York Pizza place in Naklua. I will try the Robin Hood place I suppose.

Edited by Jingthing

If you like Italian style thin crust pizza, then Oasis on the corner of Soi 5 and Jomtien Beach Road is very good. I don't like thick crust or pizza pies, and these are the best pizzas I have had anywhere in Pattaya. It's not the cheapest place, but the owner is Italian and his other dishes can be recommended, too. Not a bad place to take the family, either.

I can't say it is the best, but it is pretty good...wood fired oven and all. It's Tony's near the Pinnacle in NaJomtien. Right on the beach. Great place to relax, watch the sun set and have a pretty good pizza. If you follow the beach road all the way south to where it hits Suk (keep following the curves, eventually this road becomes Huay Yai), turn right on Suk and follow the signs for the Pinnacle (it's literally the next road south of there heading to the sea). Go past the Pinnacle and turn right where it runs into the sea. It's about 100 meters down on the sea side. Very relaxing...

I have to say that i tried Tonys about 6 weeks ago and was not impressed so much so that i would not go back it looked like the toppings were past there sell by date and not fresh !! still it must be hard to keep the full list of toppings fresh every day but even so it a pity as its a nice quiet place.

Cafe Le mar is ok but i think Pan Pan is better

anyone tried the pizza place at the bottom end of Jomiten in the soi with the Famil Mart on the corner ( down near the seafood places )

Chris

I agree with the poster about "Robin Hood". One of the best I have had in Pattaya. Lots of toppings and very tasty. I always order mine "well done" because I had it a little doughy once. Made from scratch and only 200 baht for the large.

I have to say that i tried Tonys about 6 weeks ago and was not impressed so much so that i would not go back it looked like the toppings were past there sell by date and not fresh !! still it must be hard to keep the full list of toppings fresh every day but even so it a pity as its a nice quiet place.

Cafe Le mar is ok but i think Pan Pan is better

anyone tried the pizza place at the bottom end of Jomiten in the soi with the Famil Mart on the corner ( down near the seafood places )

Chris

For sure it is not the best pizza in town...but I am pretty sure it has the best view! :) We've eaten there several times and it was OK...didn't have any problems with the toppings, but that was several months ago when it was still...kinda....busy season. It is dead, dead, dead down there now....

I agree with the poster about "Robin Hood". One of the best I have had in Pattaya. Lots of toppings and very tasty. I always order mine "well done" because I had it a little doughy once. Made from scratch and only 200 baht for the large.

Where is this exactly? On the same side of the street as Lovejoy's or the other side of the street?

Where is this exactly? On the same side of the street as Lovejoy's or the other side of the street?

Robin Hood gets my vote.

Its opposite Lovejoys, just down from simons fish and chips and has the only tree on that stretch of road just outside it.

Nice cold beers to wash the pizza down with too.

Robin Hood gets my vote.

Its opposite Lovejoys, just down from simons fish and chips and has the only tree on that stretch of road just outside it.

Psssssssst. never say Simons to Jingthing, just tell him its across the street from lovejoys :whistling:

I used to go regularly to Rich Man Poor Man's for a decent pizza.

But I stopped going following an incident with rude & abusive staff.

However the pizzas are definitely O.K. and worth a try if you are passing.

I like his food, rubens, pastrami, meat loaf dinners, sausage-peppers- onions sandwich, but I only tried pizza once and was not thrilled by it, crust a bit dry

Edited by Lost in LOS

It's funny about RMPM's pizza. I liked it OK for about four times, and then I started not liking it much. I think you can't really call that place objectively. People should try it, especially Americans. You might like it. Yes you can say that about most places, but I think that place more than most. For example, I don't think many people will say New York Pizza in Naklua is crap, rather they may say it's just not their preferred style.

It's funny about RMPM's pizza. I liked it OK for about four times, and then I started not liking it much. I think you can't really call that place objectively. People should try it, especially Americans. You might like it. Yes you can say that about most places, but I think that place more than most. For example, I don't think many people will say New York Pizza in Naklua is crap, rather they may say it's just not their preferred style.

i would have trouble going to Naklua for pizza and not stopping at Pizza Big

i would have trouble going to Naklua for pizza and not stopping at Pizza Big

Really, have you been the Big lately? Last time, for me, it was not good at all, and it was seriously BURNED as well, and the staff didn't care in the least, they took it as a big joke. I would never go back there. I also can't imagine the staff at New York pizza not caring if a customer complained about a burnt pizza, I bet you they would rush to replace it. There have been other reports here that they have indeed gone downhill. Yes, I understand any place can burn a pizza, but a good place doesn't serve it, refuse to replace it, and expect payment for it.

Edited by Jingthing

I really like the pizza from above the Robin Hood bar (opposite Love Joys) on Thappraya Road. I had Seafood Kapow last night and the small pizza is a meal itself and only 100 baht. They have all the traditional pizzas but the girls love the 2 Thai types. It does take about 45 minutes to serve you as they make them from scratch so if in a hurry better go elsewhere. I have ordered ahead for takeout and that works fine also. Best pizza deal in all Pattaya in my opinion.

got a surprise for you-------------- has put his prices up 50% for the small to 150------------must have had a lot of customers so decided to lose a few. the bigguns are now 250 so up 50 as well

the pizza business is quite separate from the bar by the way where prices remain good

Edited by Rimmer
Name calling

New Pizza place just opened on the Huay Yai road at PK's bar and resturant, always decent food in PK's and the pizza's are very good indeed. They are not big but not small, all made fresh as you wait. Prices are a bit odd at the moment - 149, 151, 154, and 156 Baht???? I think he is just finding his way and pricing as per the ingredients?

Easy to find on the Huay Yai road about 500m after the railway on the right you cant miss it - all bright red green & white with signs everywhere.

I think he normally opens about 11am, but he was open about 9am yesterday.

And if you have never tried it before - go on a Sunday evening for the 10 dish 69 baht buffet also very good!

Highly reccomended as far as i am concerned!!!! Enjoy!

Robin Hood gets my vote.

Psssssssst. never say Simons to Jingthing, just tell him its across the street from lovejoys :whistling:

ok but you should know that the robin hood pizza guy is american

New Pizza place just opened on the Huay Yai road at PK's bar and resturant, always decent food in PK's and the pizza's are very good indeed. They are not big but not small, all made fresh as you wait. Prices are a bit odd at the moment - 149, 151, 154, and 156 Baht???? I think he is just finding his way and pricing as per the ingredients?

Easy to find on the Huay Yai road about 500m after the railway on the right you cant miss it - all bright red green & white with signs everywhere.

And if you have never tried it before - go on a Sunday evening for the 10 dish 69 baht buffet also very good!

dont know huay yai road and cant see on search please advise somebody ta

dont know huay yai road and cant see on search please advise somebody ta

Go south on sukhumvit past the floating market on the left then over the rise and on the other side to next set of lights then turn left and go straight on over the railway line and not too far from there a few hundred meters

Went there today on the way back from Pattaya, I had a Hawaiian Pizza and the wife had two Thai dishes, she said the Thai food was close to the way she cooks it and likes it, My pizza although medium size was too much at one go so brought half back in a box.