Beyond The Tourist Visa

just wondering what the other options are, besides a tourist visa, for staying on in thailand.

my situation is...

my investments cover my costs, so i dont have to work while im here.

and ive worn out my 'tourist visa' welcome so ill need another kind of visa.

any advice on the easiest/cheapest way to remain here would be much appreciated.

cheers.

<br />If you are over the age of 50 or have a Thai Wife you would have options.<br />Failing that you can learn Thai at a Thai language school and get Education Visas.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

thanks lite beer for getting back.

pass on point 1.

point 2 is a possibility.

point 3 sounds interesting - is it easy to arrange?

Point 2.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Point 3.

Enrol in a Thai Language School. The fee is around 29,000 Baht a year and requires 4 hours of study a week.

They will sort you out a Visa. Have a look at one of the forum sponsors at the top of the page for more info.

If married a multi entry non immigrant 'o' visa is available from KUALA LUMPER with 100,000 baht in bank account. You would have to do a border run every 90 days, but that visa would give you about 15 months in Thailand.

If married a multi entry non immigrant 'o' visa is available from KUALA LUMPER with 100,000 baht in bank account. You would have to do a border run every 90 days, but that visa would give you about 15 months in Thailand.

thanks steve

i have a long term/trustworthy 'fiancee', so going the next step wouldnt be so hard.

bank deposits would be ok as well.

border runs every 3 months ... the price we pay,eh!?*

does the 15 mths include extensions ... how does it work?

If married the best option is extension of stay for one year at a time from Immigration. No travel out of Thailand required but need 400k or 40k income.

The multi entry visa is valid for one year and each entry gets a 90 day stay so if a new entry the day before it expires almost 15 months using same visa. But you have to leave country every 90 days or less.

If married the best option is extension of stay for one year at a time from Immigration. No travel out of Thailand required but need 400k or 40k income.

The multi entry visa is valid for one year and each entry gets a 90 day stay so if a new entry the day before it expires almost 15 months using same visa. But you have to leave country every 90 days or less.

thanks lopburi,

400k = about 13k us/aus, or 40k = 1.3k, right?

so how does one prove a regular income?

i can see the 400k in an account idea, but how do i show 40k / mth when its up to me how much i withdraw?

what i want do avoid is cutting down the rubber trees and rather, just tap them for rubber/cash and spend it here, if you know what i mean.

thanks again.