Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

First available "Ninja" 250"r": 25 Aug 08. Day the fearless defender of the bike and consummate piss-take sold his: 21 Jan 09. All of 149 days before he got rid of it for a bigger bike...don't know the CBR seller's motives, but do wonder if he's going to have to lose ~33% (seems to be what that age of "Ninja"s sell for) of the bike's price...

**edit**

speelling...

Yep, some people enjoy a bike and then move on to something else with fond memories.

Others buy the wrong bike for their riding style/experience but keep it for years, moaning about it on internet forums.

Did you test ride the CBR yet Dave? If so, when are you buying it? If you wait a couple of months the profiteering should be over and you'll be able to pick one up second hand for 80k or so.

I suppose the riposte to that is simply to recommend substituting 'rose coloured' for fond.

Don't remember me 'groaning' about the Ninja (if I can be so self-centred to assume that comment was directed at me), but rather comparing that bike's objective measurements to the topic's titular bike. Perhaps I'm wrong and have 'groaned' or compared subjective measures?

I didn't get a chance to test the CBR yet; my last R&R was quite hectic (had to cut a two day Bandito Kamphaeng Phet ride short...sorry Uncle Bill) and it's not as if they have a large quantity of bikes to try in sunny Dustistan.

Bro...

C'mon, you groaned about your Ninjette ad nauseaum back on the Ninja 250R thread.

I can't be arsed to go dig up the actual posts but let's list some of your most common complaints-

You've complained on numerous occasions that your forks were undersprung. Well, let's face it, none of the 250's on the market today were really designed for someone of your mass... I understand eventually you sorted that out with some heavier springs.

You always hated the stock IRC tires on your Ninjette but it took what, at least a year before you finally got around to changing them to something better?

Being a self confessed tight-arse you've complained a lot about the cost of your Ninjette... Though as I recall it was not you but your wife who bought it? Well, let's not start the debate over who wears the pants in your household ;)

You've complained that the power of the Ninjette only comes on in the higher revs and many have replied to you that yes, the Ninjette likes to be ridden hard and you have to keep the revs up to find her sweet spot. With your above average size throwing the whole power to weight ratio right out the window I just don't see how a 250 can be much fun for you to ride...

Finally you always brag about being a "Honda whore" (your words mate). So naturally that implies an irrational bias against other brands.

So the question must be asked Dave- if you dislike your little Ninjette so much, why have you kept it this long?

I really do hope you'll find yourself a bike you actually LIKE one of these days, because riding around on something that doesn't make you happy must really suck...

Happy Trails!

Tony

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony is absolutely right. Angreifen (3rd person singular > greift an) means to attack / assault or in this case to corrode / damge something. "Sonax greift O-Ringe nicht an!" means "Sonax does not damage o-rings!".

Sweet. Good that someone speaks better German than google translate. :D

he justincreased the bore to 83. i thought honda had made the cylinder wall extra thin. i hope he´s not pushing his luck too much there

did he mention how he raised the compression? Used a different piston or shaved the head?

Different piston? The stock 76mm piston might rattle about a bit in a 83mm bore, Dum-arse.

That time of the month for you?

Its fairly obvious what i meant.

Please find a better way to insult me, your not doing very well.

It's fairly obvious what you wrote, shit for brains, you asked if he used a different piston.

Bro...

C'mon, you groaned about your Ninjette ad nauseaum back on the Ninja 250R thread.

I can't be arsed to go dig up the actual posts but let's list some of your most common complaints-

You've complained on numerous occasions that your forks were undersprung. Well, let's face it, none of the 250's on the market today were really designed for someone of your mass... I understand eventually you sorted that out with some heavier springs.

You always hated the stock IRC tires on your Ninjette but it took what, at least a year before you finally got around to changing them to something better?

Being a self confessed tight-arse you've complained a lot about the cost of your Ninjette... Though as I recall it was not you but your wife who bought it? Well, let's not start the debate over who wears the pants in your household ;)

You've complained that the power of the Ninjette only comes on in the higher revs and many have replied to you that yes, the Ninjette likes to be ridden hard and you have to keep the revs up to find her sweet spot. With your above average size throwing the whole power to weight ratio right out the window I just don't see how a 250 can be much fun for you to ride...

Finally you always brag about being a "Honda whore" (your words mate). So naturally that implies an irrational bias against other brands.

So the question must be asked Dave- if you dislike your little Ninjette so much, why have you kept it this long?

I really do hope you'll find yourself a bike you actually LIKE one of these days, because riding around on something that doesn't make you happy must really suck...

Happy Trails!

Tony

Let's consider what you consider 'complaining'.

1. Springs in the forks. I'm not the only one that mentioned that they were too light for someone of my size (which you agree with). Is mentioning the objective fact that for another owner my size it is a worthwhile upgrade for not that much scratch groaning?
  2. It was actually more like 2 years (or ~3500? km)...but who's counting? Does that change the objective fact that the stock tyres are garbage?
  3. Even being a tight arse (cheap charlie a more friendly version?) does that have anything to do with an objective cost comparsion between the two bikes? Should you being a small man preclude me from starting a debate on the Fruedian connection between that and the ever increasing displacement of your bikes? And that's even leaving out your publicised relationship issues...
  4. Is an objective comparsion of where the power bands lie for both bikes complaining? I realise that the extremely foul tempered KSR1 and you share some sort of affinity for misinterpeting what others write (although I will give you that in your case it does not seem to always be an outright twisting of a post to suit your preconceived notions) but seriously...
  5. I'm also a V8 whore. Would that stop me from getting the new V6 Camaro? If you can't guess the answer is no. I challenge to support your claims that I have not used objective metrics when comparing the two bikes or even discussing the Ninja.
  6. To answer your question there are three things to consider. First part of the answer you tell yourself if you just look at the 6th line of your post. Second part is, and I am not ashamed to admit it, I am not really ready to step up to a bigger bike with my current skillset and lack of time to expand those skills. Third reason is that I know that it pisses you off.:whistling:

It's fairly obvious what you wrote, shit for brains, you asked if he used a different piston.

I bet you grasp the concept of shapes fitting into the right hole as a toddler rather well.

So well that you've been become a 'hole' yourself.

Keep trying.

Maybe i should have been clearer and asked if he used a piston with the same deck height or a higher deck height, most with experience can comprehend, but i see you need special attention.

Only a moron would think a 76mm piston fits a 83mm bore.But this is the only thing you have to work with. So I understand your frustration do to lack of imagination.

Have a nice day and don't forget to change your tampon.

hehehoho, nice to see your black rims in action. My all black Project is nearly finish just waiting for the last parts and until the weekend the rims should be finally black as well. Maybe we can do a trip on Saturday or Sunday?

How long it took to spray your rims?

Edited by Hili

Afraid I'll be busy at the weekends. Yesterday's outing was the first chance to get away in about 2 months! Was great to get it back up to highway speeds again. Will be doing the all black thing myself in a few days when the new fairings arrive.

Rims took about 6 hours maybe. Was good fun to do. If anything goes wrong it's cheap enough to get someone who knows what they're doing to fix them.

Was very easy though.

Sand.

Primer.

Lots of coats of paint.

Lots of coats of clear acrylic.

Used 2 1/2 cans of paint, and 1 1/2 cans of laquer.

Edited by hehehoho

Jammed Gearbox/Lever.

The gearbox jammed up tonight. Press the gear lever down into 1st and it stays there, got to push it back up (stiffly) with my foot. Push up into 3rd or whatever and it stays up, doesn't come down naturally. When pushing it up or down I have to do it stiffly as it's very stiff and feels jammed.

Oil level is fine. And if anything it's good timing as it's just due for it's 12,000km service. Hasn't been serviced since 6000km, but I changed the oil around 9000km.

Doesn't feel like it's just the lever that's stuck, but something inside.

Jammed Gearbox/Lever.

The gearbox jammed up tonight. Press the gear lever down into 1st and it stays there, got to push it back up (stiffly) with my foot. Push up into 3rd or whatever and it stays up, doesn't come down naturally. When pushing it up or down I have to do it stiffly as it's very stiff and feels jammed.

Oil level is fine. And if anything it's good timing as it's just due for it's 12,000km service. Hasn't been serviced since 6000km, but I changed the oil around 9000km.

Doesn't feel like it's just the lever that's stuck, but something inside.

Dang, broke your little thumper already? Bummer dude! :violin:

Don't sound good.

Check pages 171-173 in the scanned saikolmaldoss PDF cbr 250 shop manual.

Hi KRS1, tried googling for the manual but no luck. Do you have a link for the workshop manual? Thanks.

Also, is anyone aware of a paddock stand available for the CBR? Hate cleaning bikes that only have a sidestand.

Also, is anyone aware of a paddock stand available for the CBR? Hate cleaning bikes that only have a sidestand.

K-SPEED sells these for 900 baht.

I think Fast Corner in Chiang Mai have some too...

46_442_f7ef96b257d76be.jpg

46_442_57635762ed02e4e.jpg

I bought that one and it's fine. I pressed it together a bit more so the arms are closer together.

Re the gear issue. Very easy to fix in the light of day.

The gear lever (foot) had become jammed, simply loosen the nut holding it in place and it moved freely up and down. Just not good to ride too far as the nut will start to come off altogether and the whole lever will fall off.

So would guess it's a small spring or something inside that allows it to be locked tight by the nut, but still be free to move up and down is the issue. Am heading into Honda today anyway so will see what it is.

Don't sound good.

Check pages 171-173 in the scanned saikolmaldoss PDF cbr 250 shop manual.

Hi KRS1, tried googling for the manual but no luck. Do you have a link for the workshop manual? Thanks.

Google this: CBR250R-2011-Temp manual

It's a work in progress not yet complete, i'd post it here but the file is too large. If you can't find it pm me and i'll email it to you.

credit should be given to saikolmaldoss at cbr250 dot org for the copy.

A while ago there was some talk on this forum about repairing a tire puncture by 'Vulcanising' as this is preferable to plugging with a worm style plug. It seemed to be the general conclusion that for a puncture on the rear tire in the centre of the tread this was an acceptable repair for general road use at the lowish speeds the 250 is capable of. Does anyone know where this can be done in Bangkok? I have been to the likes of Cockpit, B-Quick and Goodyear Eagle, plus a hand full of backstreet motorcyc tyre repair places and all offer only plugs.

Try a tire repair shop for cars. I dont think they call it vulcanizing in Thai, you'd have to know what the thai word for it is.

Pretty much all tire shops are able to vulcanize punctures but they might be reluctant to do so on a bike since many do not have the proper equipment for removing motorcycles tires and for balancing motorcycle wheels.

They'll have to remove the tire from the wheel to vulcanize the puncture and then put the tire back on the wheel.

It's not rocket science but many car shops are reluctant to service bike tires.

<br />
<br />Try a tire repair shop for cars. I dont think they call it vulcanizing in Thai, you'd have to know what the thai word for it is.<br />
<br /><br />Pretty much all tire shops are able to vulcanize punctures but they might be reluctant to do so on a bike since many do not have the proper equipment for removing motorcycles tires and for balancing motorcycle wheels.<br />They'll have to remove the tire from the wheel to vulcanize the puncture and then put the tire back on the wheel.<br />It's not rocket science but many car shops are reluctant to service bike tires.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Thanks for the pointers, so I guess I will have to get the tire removed first unless anyone knows of a place that will remove the tire and Vulk it!

<br />
<br />Try a tire repair shop for cars. I dont think they call it vulcanizing in Thai, you'd have to know what the thai word for it is.<br />
<br /><br />Pretty much all tire shops are able to vulcanize punctures but they might be reluctant to do so on a bike since many do not have the proper equipment for removing motorcycles tires and for balancing motorcycle wheels.<br />They'll have to remove the tire from the wheel to vulcanize the puncture and then put the tire back on the wheel.<br />It's not rocket science but many car shops are reluctant to service bike tires.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Thanks for the pointers, so I guess I will have to get the tire removed first unless anyone knows of a place that will remove the tire and Vulk it!

Most of the tire shops down in Chinatown should be able to sort that out for you.

<br />
<br /><br /><br />

There is a good tire shop near us here at Sumet. They should be able to vulcanize it for you. I will confirm tomorrow and let you know.

Brian