Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

Never seen a carbon Tsukigi can. That doesn't look like Tsukigi.

Here is the stainless full system. This is on a 150.

post-62652-13495139930559_thumb.jpg

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

thaicbr

i regret my decision to buy dan moto exhaust from China - actually dan moto has American branch as well -

it is great in terms of sound and performance but it got burned down within 2 weeks.

That is why just pay 9000 thb an get a Leo vince from biohazard, i really mean it man.

Just a honest recommendation!

Tsukigi is a Japanese brand and some of there exhaust systems are made in Thailand...

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never seen a carbon Tsukigi can. That doesn't look like Tsukigi.

Here is the stainless full system. This is on a 150.

post-62652-13495139930559_thumb.jpg

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

thaicbr

i regret my decision to buy dan moto exhaust from China - actually dan moto has American branch as well -

it is great in terms of sound and performance but it got burned down within 2 weeks.

That is why just pay 9000 thb an get a Leo vince from biohazard, i really mean it man.

Just a honest recommendation!

Tsukigi is a Japanese brand and some of there exhaust systems are made in Thailand...

And I would say comparable to the best quality available. Every one that I have seen has been super quality. Also they are THAI road legal.

sent from my ..................#

Here we go. Someone made it at last.

300.5 cc big bore kit;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320994646285?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

What do you think guys?

I think if we bolt this on? We might compete with cbr 500?:D

Who will be the first?

and what might be the disadvantages of installing this kit you think?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by loserlazer

Picked up the new 250 today, so I think I can safely say I'm probably the only one who has owned both the carbed and F/I 150 models, and now the 250. lol

Congrats man.

finally,

What do you think about the differences between 150 and 250?

Happy rides.

The biggest, and most noticeable, is acceleration and power. The 150 was, and is, a great bike. Hell, I did a trip over 2,000 kilometers on it one time and never had a problem. The only real complaint I had with it was just not enough power/torque in the mountains. Ride wise they're very similar, but the 250 feels a little "meatier" and stable, especially in the upper range speeds.

Monday I drove it around CNX for a couple of hours, just getting used to the feel, but not really opening it up past 110kph. Yesterday I took it up to Doi Suthep to see what the difference was between it and the 150 on the mountain curves. Major difference! This weekend I'll do a run to Lampang to see the difference between it and the 150 on that trip. Should be fun.

Today I started doing new decals, which I'll finish up tomorrow, then get some before/after photos. All in all, I'm a happy camper. tongue.png

Picked up the new 250 today, so I think I can safely say I'm probably the only one who has owned both the carbed and F/I 150 models, and now the 250. lol

Congrats man.

finally,

Happy rides.

The biggest, and most noticeable, is acceleration and power. The 150 was, and is, a great bike. Hell, I did a trip over 2,000 kilometers on it one time and never had a problem. The only real complaint I had with it was just not enough power/torque in the mountains. Ride wise they're very similar, but the 250 feels a little "meatier" and stable, especially in the upper range speeds.

Monday I drove it around CNX for a couple of hours, just getting used to the feel, but not really opening it up past 110kph. Yesterday I took it up to Doi Suthep to see what the difference was between it and the 150 on the mountain curves. Major difference! This weekend I'll do a run to Lampang to see the difference between it and the 150 on that trip. Should be fun.

Today I started doing new decals, which I'll finish up tomorrow, then get some before/after photos. All in all, I'm a happy camper. tongue.png

Congrats on the -250. Great to see you go that route, but don't forget about us wee folk on the 150 thread!

Congrats man.

finally,

Happy rides.

Congrats on the -250. Great to see you go that route, but don't forget about us wee folk on the 150 thread!

Ahhh, T-Dog, could never forget my friends there! Especially you and Red21. biggrin.png

Here we go. Someone made it at last.

300.5 cc big bore kit;

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1438.l2649

What do you think guys?

I think if we bolt this on? We might compete with cbr 500?biggrin.png

Who will be the first?

and what might be the disadvantages of installing this kit you think?

Looking at that kit in particular if it were me, I would say no

It has a cast piston not forged.

cylinder...hard to say what the quality is from the pics.

Disadvantages? You could toast your engine if that is a cheaply made top end & it lets go.

With a cast piston of that quality I wonder how accurate weights are & if balancing may be required.

The comp ratio is getting up there for the octane available in Thailand but should still be do-able.

But also

JE who really knows there stuff makes a forged piston for the Honda 250 at only 11:1

They may/likely have a reason. Does make one wonder

A while back I posted the Takegawa piston for the Honda which also looks? forged.

I never did see actual info on their site.

Advantages ? Of course more power & just by upping the cc to 265 & the compression ratio

to 12.5:1 ( they also do a 13:1 but again high octane) on the ninja 250 bikes they are getting decent numbers.

Using the JE 265cc kit which only requires boring 2mm + pipe,ecu etc

they are getting 38hp on the dynos.

Edited by mania

Congratulations! Best of luck on your new bike. I have 5,500 km of city driving on mine and it runs smoother and seems more responsive and powerful now that it is 'broken in'. I look for any excuse to ride it.

Congratulations! Best of luck on your new bike. I have 5,500 km of city driving on mine and it runs smoother and seems more responsive and powerful now that it is 'broken in'. I look for any excuse to ride it.

Thanks. As soon as weather permits, I'll do a road trip on it, and no doubt will enjoy myself. lol

I like how pulling along side or cruising past a Thai on their CBR150 makes them go nuts and take off on a suicide mission to 'beat' the 250.

4 times out of 5 it's like a switch goes off in their head.

The funny thing is they usually have the mirrors removed ( :rolleyes: ) so cannot see behind so have to keep on going on their angry suicide run. :grin:

I like how pulling along side or cruising past a Thai on their CBR150 makes them go nuts and take off on a suicide mission to 'beat' the 250.

4 times out of 5 it's like a switch goes off in their head.

The funny thing is they usually have the mirrors removed ( rolleyes.gif ) so cannot see behind so have to keep on going on their angry suicide run. :grin:

Someone mentioned that his cbr150 can do 160 mk/h... so in this case I guess they ll smile a lot if go past cbr 250. So far I noticed mostly smiling thais, didn see someone trying to compete or at least they didn show trying. Only one time there were 2 men, who showed thumbs up when I let them catch up, haha, and I did slow down to enjoy the Nuovo in front of me taht was doing crazy speed. Recently I had another case, I think it was click, I was doing 130km/h and this click was able to keep close distance.

Think I mentioned this before, but one time coming back from Phitsanuloc, on the 150 F/I, an older carbed model, with 2-up loan sharks on it, pulled up beside me at the stop light on the highway. Light turned green, they were off. I don't know what they did to that bike, but there's no way in hell it was stock. Even with 2 up, it not only pulled away, but ran off and left me. I was doing 140 and just watching them disappear. Pulled 145+ one time on the 150, but then backed off as it started to get a little "hairy". But also ran 130+ many times for long distances. The 150 is a great bike, but just doesn't have the torque/power for the mountains that I need for the trips I like to take.

Oh, and one time, just for fun, me and a Thai friend who has a 250 ran against each other. It wasn't even close. lol

What was the speedo error on the 150?

My 250 runs around 8%, tops out at 165kph indicated and 151kph GPS. Stock.

Not sure about speedo error, although I know it's a factor. When I tried to catch the old CBR with 2 up, it showed 140 before I finally backed off. I know someone noted once before on the 150 thread what the indicated and actual speed was, and the percentage, but off hand I don't remember.

Jett Tuning in the States seem to be doing good work with their products. Nice bump on power but also keeping it up there in the high end.

Stock Vs. Yoshi Pipe & PVC

http://www.cbr250.net/forum/attachments/cbr250-performance/3513d1349925585-more-mods-asdeliveredtofinal-bmp

Yoshi Pipe Vs. Yoshi & PVC. (I think)

http://www.cbr250.net/forum/attachments/cbr250-performance/3514d1349925585-more-mods-pcvtofinal-bmp

$350 promo price I think (going to be $450)

http://www.jetttuning.com/

just checked dealership on huay kaew road and a honda cbr 250r was 110,000 without ABS and 125,000 with, didn't include anything extra. + Insurance was 136,000! How much would a normal price be for a new 250r w/w/o ABS? How much would a 2nd hand one drop in value?

i bought one for 103,000 cash (without ABS) ,including registration, tax + number plate (but no insurance,wanted to organise that myself )

2 free hats + 2 free jackets

after a few days of bullshit my gf found an insurance policy for 3400 thb that will pay 80% of new price in the first year if stolen so 80,000k back

if its stolen in year 2 they pay 80% of the 2nd hand value so 64,000 thb back (i think )

fully covered for 3rd party liabilities + medical expenses BUT IF YOU DROP YOUR BIKE ,THEY DONT PAY ANYTHING ! smile.gif

I'm currently looking at different policies for the CBr250R. Anyone know about this one? Wana seems to have been banned. :(

Ok, here we go with modifications - all cosmetic.

First pic is the one I picked up Monday. Rest show changes I've made.

post-82655-0-96976100-1350034677_thumb.j

post-82655-0-66764100-1350034763_thumb.j

post-82655-0-03986300-1350034790_thumb.j

post-82655-0-59554800-1350034737_thumb.j

post-82655-0-24538900-1350034810_thumb.j

The stalks of the mirror are not an exact match to the body, as I had to do them in white, were as the body is pearl white, and the mirror casings are plastic, so have to get plastic primer for them. But, Monday will take it to a good paint / body shop close by and see if they can match the pearl white. All decals & wheel tape are 3M, and done by a local shop in BoSang. Thinking about doing the exhaust cover, but not sure about that yet.

Oh, well, as my wife said..."There won't be another one in Thailand like it." Just Thailand??? haha

The stalks of the mirror are not an exact match to the body, as I had to do them in white, were as the body is pearl white, and the mirror casings are plastic, so have to get plastic primer for them. But, Monday will take it to a good paint / body shop close by and see if they can match the pearl white. All decals & wheel tape are 3M, and done by a local shop in BoSang. Thinking about doing the exhaust cover, but not sure about that yet.

Oh, well, as my wife said..."There won't be another one in Thailand like it." Just Thailand??? haha

just1voice, try bikers.co.th.

They have great shiny aluminum cosmetics, just check it out. not that cheap though.

rims look great really. but mirrors are not my style. the stock mirrors are really unsafe while changing lanes - it shows the ground or skybiggrin.png - so better change them as well.

and pipe has to be gone!

just1voice, try bikers.co.th.

They have great shiny aluminum cosmetics, just check it out. not that cheap though.

rims look great really. but mirrors are not my style. the stock mirrors are really unsafe while changing lanes - it shows the ground or skybiggrin.png - so better change them as well.

and pipe has to be gone!

Actually, I like the mirrors, as they give a wide view of what's behind me. For the exhaust cover, I thought of ordering the stock "brushed metal" that the Black and Red CBR's have, or using a white Heat Temp paint on it. Need to think on it some more. coffee1.gif

Nice.

Will you be getting the matching riding gear?

vp.jpg

biggrin.png

Only joking.

btw I pulled up behind a 150fi at a redlight yesterday then watched their take off. My word the 1st gear on them is short! I thought 1st on the 250 was short, but watching that actually shocked me. Their second wasn't much better. Without trying I was well past them by the time they got into third.

Edited by cbrer

Nice.

Will you be getting the matching riding gear?

vp.jpg

biggrin.png

Only joking.

btw I pulled up behind a 150fi at a redlight yesterday then watched their take off. My word the 1st gear on them is short! I thought 1st on the 250 was short, but watching that actually shocked me. Their second wasn't much better. Without trying I was well past them by the time they got into third.

Actually, I already have the "matching gear" from my 150. lol

post-82655-0-21008700-1350048063_thumb.j

As for the 150 1st gear, yeah, you have to shift out of it quick or rev limiter kicks in. Had that happen a couple of times the first few days I had it.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you happen to ride down On-Nut today?

I saw a similar bike with a similar sticker on the screen, i was on my green 2012 Ninja 650

Didn't go anywhere today, but yesterday went over to Lampang and back just to see the difference in time between 150 and 250. Tank stickers, anyone can get them at Honda. As for that particular sticker on the windshield, I'd be willing to bet money against anyone else having it. Unless there happens to be another Jar Head on the forum, even as a visitor, who happened to see mine, then managed to locate the web site I got it from and download it. What about the side stickers? Did you happen to catch the faring stickers? Original CBR or like mine?

post-82655-0-97624400-1350915905_thumb.j

Did you happen to ride down On-Nut today?

I saw a similar bike with a similar sticker on the screen, i was on my green 2012 Ninja 650

Didn't go anywhere today, but yesterday went over to Lampang and back just to see the difference in time between 150 and 250. Tank stickers, anyone can get them at Honda. As for that particular sticker on the windshield, I'd be willing to bet money against anyone else having it. Unless there happens to be another Jar Head on the forum, even as a visitor, who happened to see mine, then managed to locate the web site I got it from and download it. What about the side stickers? Did you happen to catch the faring stickers? Original CBR or like mine?

post-82655-0-97624400-1350915905_thumb.j

Both myself and the other bike were filtering through traffic in opposite directions, i merely noticed a large sticker on the screen, couldn't see much of the side of the bike.

smile.png

Edited by metisdead
: Tiny font resized to normal.