Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

Mate, I only put mine on when touring out of the city (along with the Honda touring screen). The bolts became a bit worn so I just got some bolts from a local DIY store, probably 10b each, I spanner these in, no problem. Just bring them the stock ones to match the size.

If they're moving about, it's the bolts are the issue, not the mirrors. :)

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mate, I only put mine on when touring out of the city (along with the Honda touring screen). The bolts became a bit worn so I just got some bolts from a local DIY store, probably 10b each, I spanner these in, no problem. Just bring them the stock ones to match the size.

If they're moving about, it's the bolts are the issue, not the mirrors. smile.png

I guess it depends what city.

Here in CM the BIB like to see bikes without mirrors as it is more

$$$ in their pockets smile.png When they ticket you for no mirrors

If they're moving about, it's the bolts are the issue, not the mirrors. smile.png

Thanks,

WIll look if i can get them out as its hard to find the right size for them and i do have more then a few of those (both american and US sizes)

U can install stock ninja 250 mirrors. I have seen them on sone cbr250. It looks good and field if vision is much more better.

I use fake koso mirrors. Although they are small, for fast city riding and while splitting the lanes, they are the best.

post-114750-13640951272473_thumb.jpg

Honestly, my Honda dealer is excellent.

If I rode in and asked them to change the nuts/bolts on the mirrors I doubt they'd charge me.

Your best bet is to just ride it into the service bay and grab one of the young trainees.

If I rode in and asked them to change the nuts/bolts on the mirrors I doubt they'd charge me.

Your best bet is to just ride it into the service bay and grab one of the young trainees.

When mine came loose. Actually it was the head of the hex bolt that became worn, so the hex wasn't a hex anymore, but a circle. :D Thus impossible to tighten.

I went to get a set but iirc I would have had to have ordered a whole new mirror. They didn't have any bolts that size around so I went to the local DIY store with it and got bolts for around 20b. Can spanner them in as tight as I want now no bother. :)

When mine came loose. Actually it was the head of the hex bolt that became worn, so the hex wasn't a hex anymore, but a circle. biggrin.png Thus impossible to tighten.

I went to get a set but iirc I would have had to have ordered a whole new mirror. They didn't have any bolts that size around so I went to the local DIY store with it and got bolts for around 20b. Can spanner them in as tight as I want now no bother. smile.png

How did you get it out.. Got a similar problem.

how about this light? I do have it since i had plans to modfiy one of my bikes but never did... mine doesnt have the brackets, msg me if interested

lsl1.jpg

very nice, looks like a yamaha mt-03 headlight to me. Shame that bike is not available in Thailand

^^ It happened over a long period. I only use the stock ones when touring and could see it becoming a problem each time I put them on. The last time I used it I had to use an extra long, good quality allen key, not the short one that came with the bike.

So get someone with a long hard one, as opposed to your short weak one, and she'll pop.

how about this light? I do have it since i had plans to modfiy one of my bikes but never did... mine doesnt have the brackets, msg me if interested

lsl1.jpg

very nice, looks like a yamaha mt-03 headlight to me. Shame that bike is not available in Thailand

actually it is the mt-03 headlight :) wanted to put it on a er6n but never had time

Ok got some new bolts in its tight again now. Did not think of that its easy.

btw, if you didn't do it when you put them on, I'd undo them, spray them in WD-40 or similar and then tighten them back up.

This is also advisable for all the faring hex bolts.

Does anybody know where I can get a LED flasher unit?

I bought one when I got the LED tail light, but it's only a 2 pin and I need a 3 pin.

The one that slows them down???

320sp

Yes, that's the one.

My OEM says it'll take 4 LEDs, but they still blink fast.

I then ordered a new flasher unit (It goes up behind the headlight under the dash) from BKK, and when it came it was a 2 pin not 3.

I've never seen a 3 pin before, I've used the 2 pins lots of times.

After doing some searching |I can't seem to find any in Thailand.

I do know of 320sp, and have already sent them a message.

I'd rather not add resistors to the LEDs, as I may add more.

A new flasher is easiest.

on my crf i have led indicators on the back and normal on the front if i use a turn signal obviously the back led blinks fast however if i switch the hazard lights on they all blink normal speed explanation any one

I'd be surprised, but it sounds like you've got a separate flasher unit for hazards and indicators. I've never looked at mine when hazards are on, it might be the same.

Or, the hazards don't use a flasher at all!?

on my crf i have led indicators on the back and normal on the front if i use a turn signal obviously the back led blinks fast however if i switch the hazard lights on they all blink normal speed explanation any one

I'd be surprised, but it sounds like you've got a separate flasher unit for hazards and indicators. I've never looked at mine when hazards are on, it might be the same.

Or, the hazards don't use a flasher at all!?

yep i was thinking same must be different flasher unit or maybe more balanced load when all 4 flash, been meaning to investigate it for a while.defo has a flasher as you here it click.

• 2 months later...

Archived