Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

FYI guys: Before the CBR 250 was released all authorized Honda dealers had to send at least one of their mechanics to AP Honda for training in servicing and repairing it. This is standard practice when a new model is released. Honda mechanics are just as trained and qualified as Kawasaki mechanics.

I suspect you haven't had a bike serviced at a Kawasaki main dealer. Having one of your mechanics attend a Thai training course is not really the same thing as what's going on over there, it's like you leave Thailand for an hour - you should go take a look.

As you're one of the dealers that's charging people 15k over RRP due to the supply shortage, I'm wondering whether you'll be doing the same thing on spare parts if they start to dry up - is it a different policy for spare parts sales as opposed to bike sales? And what happens in 6 months when the supply is back to normal and your customers come back and see the bike on the floor for 15k less than they paid? That isn't meant to be a flame by the way, I'm just interested in how/when this policy will be applied.

I was just pointing out that Honda mechanics have recieved trianing on the repair and service of CBR. Some posters were making it sound as if Honda just dropped this bike on the dealers without any training for the mechanics.

You are comparing apples and oranges when you compare part prices to bike prices. There is no supply and demand pricing for parts. We have and will continue to have the same prices for CBR parts regardless of supply issues.

I believe the first R in RRP stands for recommended. If people think our prices are to high, they are free to shop around for around for a better price. This is how a capitalist free market economy works.

Also, we do sell the ABS model for 130,000, but provide first class insurance (6,660 value), registration, helmet (Nippon full face, TIS certified), and a jacket in that price. We also have English speaking staff to make the process of purchacing a new bike much easier and smoother.

Lastly, I'm sure that most people who have already bought the CBR realize that the prices are going to be dropping. I don't think it will be much of a surprise to them when they see lower prices in coming months.

Actually you said that Honda mechanics are just as trained and qualified as Kawasaki mechanics. I don't believe that to be the case, even on this thread owners are having to send bikes back to the factory to find minor faults. Like I said, have a look around a Kawsaki dealership and the differences will be obvious.

Yes it's a free market but increasing the price of a product due to a lack of supply is generally known as price gouging no matter how it's spun. Not to mention that seeing as nearly all the Honda dealers were doing the same thing when the bike was first released, then you could say that it's bordering on price fixing. Good to hear that this practice won't apply to spare parts should the supply dry up though.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

installing an HID projector properly is no easy task

I've seen pics of a guy simply changing the front screen and half the bike had to come apart just to do it. Took him something like 4 hours to change it and put everything back together. :blink:

FYI guys: Before the CBR 250 was released all authorized Honda dealers had to send at least one of their mechanics to AP Honda for training in servicing and repairing it. This is standard practice when a new model is released. Honda mechanics are just as trained and qualified as Kawasaki mechanics.

I suspect you haven't had a bike serviced at a Kawasaki main dealer. Having one of your mechanics attend a Thai training course is not really the same thing as what's going on over there, it's like you leave Thailand for an hour - you should go take a look.

As you're one of the dealers that's charging people 15k over RRP due to the supply shortage, I'm wondering whether you'll be doing the same thing on spare parts if they start to dry up - is it a different policy for spare parts sales as opposed to bike sales? And what happens in 6 months when the supply is back to normal and your customers come back and see the bike on the floor for 15k less than they paid? That isn't meant to be a flame by the way, I'm just interested in how/when this policy will be applied.

I was just pointing out that Honda mechanics have recieved trianing on the repair and service of CBR. Some posters were making it sound as if Honda just dropped this bike on the dealers without any training for the mechanics.

You are comparing apples and oranges when you compare part prices to bike prices. There is no supply and demand pricing for parts. We have and will continue to have the same prices for CBR parts regardless of supply issues.

I believe the first R in RRP stands for recommended. If people think our prices are to high, they are free to shop around for around for a better price. This is how a capitalist free market economy works.

Also, we do sell the ABS model for 130,000, but provide first class insurance (6,660 value), registration, helmet (Nippon full face, TIS certified), and a jacket in that price. We also have English speaking staff to make the process of purchacing a new bike much easier and smoother.

Lastly, I'm sure that most people who have already bought the CBR realize that the prices are going to be dropping. I don't think it will be much of a surprise to them when they see lower prices in coming months.

Actually you said that Honda mechanics are just as trained and qualified as Kawasaki mechanics. I don't believe that to be the case, even on this thread owners are having to send bikes back to the factory to find minor faults. Like I said, have a look around a Kawsaki dealership and the differences will be obvious.

Yes it's a free market but increasing the price of a product due to a lack of supply is generally known as price gouging no matter how it's spun. Not to mention that seeing as nearly all the Honda dealers were doing the same thing when the bike was first released, then you could say that it's bordering on price fixing. Good to hear that this practice won't apply to spare parts should the supply dry up though.

I don't need to go to Kawasaki. I know my Honda mechanics here at Sumet are trained and qualified. This is enough for me and countless numbers of our satisfied customers.

Price gouging refers to a situation in which a seller prices goods or commodities much higher than is considered reasonable or fair. Increasing the price of a product because of a short suppy is basic suppy and demand economics.

There certainly wasn't any price fixing going on either. Trust me, I would rather sell 20 CBR 250s at RRP a month, than 3 or 4 at 130k.

I was actually talking about the 2 companies and the way they handle bike sales and after sales service in Thailand, not your specific dealership which sounds like it is very well organized and run.

I guess it can be seen 2 different ways, it sounds very much like the supply was limited so the price was upped. I certainly wouldn't go as far as to call it profiteering but terms like "much higher" and "reasonable" are subjective and depends on which side of the fence you're sitting I guess. Given all the talk of how there's such a massive price difference between the Kawasaki and the Honda I am guessing that some people might consider 15k much higher seeing as it will effectively double the first year depreciation once the supply catches up and the price drops back down. Is 10-15k profit over and above the profit that is already made selling at RRP reasonable? I don't know the answer to that. I was just asking if you'll do it on spares as well and you confirmed you wouldn't. It's good to know when you'd apply this "basic supply and demand economics" to a situation of under supply, so thanks for clarifying.

I was actually talking about the 2 companies and the way they handle bike sales and after sales service in Thailand, not your specific dealership which sounds like it is very well organized and run.

I guess it can be seen 2 different ways, it sounds very much like the supply was limited so the price was upped. I certainly wouldn't go as far as to call it profiteering but terms like "much higher" and "reasonable" are subjective and depends on which side of the fence you're sitting I guess. Given all the talk of how there's such a massive price difference between the Kawasaki and the Honda I am guessing that some people might consider 15k much higher seeing as it will effectively double the first year depreciation once the supply catches up and the price drops back down. Is 10-15k profit over and above the profit that is already made selling at RRP reasonable? I don't know the answer to that. I was just asking if you'll do it on spares as well and you confirmed you wouldn't. It's good to know when you'd apply this "basic supply and demand economics" to a situation of under supply, so thanks for clarifying.

Jonny, I totally understand where you are coming from. I didn't intend to come off as aggressive and angry in my post. It is just that Sumet Cycle's reputation is very important to me, and the last thing I want is to be lumped in with every other dealer in Thailand. AP Honda recently stated that by the fourth quarter of this year, supply will catch up with demand. When this happens, prices will drop for sure. No hard feelings. Thanks.

Brian

Jonny, I totally understand where you are coming from. I didn't intend to come off as aggressive and angry in my post. It is just that Sumet Cycle's reputation is very important to me, and the last thing I want is to be lumped in with every other dealer in Thailand. AP Honda recently stated that by the fourth quarter of this year, supply will catch up with demand. When this happens, prices will drop for sure. No hard feelings. Thanks.

Brian

Yes it's very obvious that you've worked very hard to setup this business and it's not my intention to slate anyone's reputation. I felt it was a reasonable question to ask seeing as there's been so much talk about the pricing and it seemed common sense to get the reply straight from the horses mouth so to speak.

Sure, show a high speed track (which if I remember correctly the CBR hits the same or greater speed than a modified Ninja down the back straight) to illustrate your point. What of the other smaller tracks that litter Thailand? What of actual twistie riding, and I'm not talking about easy stuff like Phetchabun but rather down towards Umphang where 120+ degree turns rule and rider skill and tyre limits set the max speed that either bike will be able to take the corner? Would you rather have to be downshifting because after said turn you still have an uphill stretch or would you rather have the torque keep building and pull you up the incline? I'm talking 60 km/h max curves with a 15 degree incline afterwards. You would have to make sure that you were in 2nd for the Ninja and you'd be in 3rd for the CBR to ensure that both were in their powerbands. Accelerating to 80 up the incline would require an upshift with the Ninja and the CBR would still have some 1500 RPM to work with. Get it up to 100 (if the Ninja's lack of torque will allow it) and both bikes would be shifting into 4th. Downshift two for the Ninja for the next corner and a single gear for the CBR and wash, rinse, and repeat.

As you are so quick to point out, I am a noob, but doesn't shifting take precious time away from forward momentum? Isn't torque the actual force that propels the rear wheel and the more you have doing that the better? Or is your definition of a better race bike akin to NASCAR's definition of a better race car? Can go quickly around nice banked corners rather than pull out of a tight turn like a Formula car can?

**edit**

See you also clipped out part of my reply (which is a violation of forum rules). Was it because you were uncomfortable with the facts? Did you not which to discuss the fact that the torque filled engines actually do dominate at levels neither you nor I will ever be at?

Now that you know somewhat the tactics behind downshifting to put you in the sweetspot, now you have to learn to slip the clutch to give your bike an extra bump in acceleration.

If a bike is close enough to the sweetspot or about to fall out of it, you dont have to downshift at all - just pop the clutch, rev it to raise the rpm to lower resistance of inertial mass and let her loose.

Go out and ride! LEARN ! One day you will be a ninja, but for now you are still only grasshoppa....

(you've also been guilty of clipping out replies yourself)

I've, irrespective of your opinion, have know about that...but thanks for the concern.

And the only reason i will clip a reply is due to maximum number of quotes; I can not think of a single time that I've clipped the poster that I was responding to.

Sure, show a high speed track (which if I remember correctly the CBR hits the same or greater speed than a modified Ninja down the back straight) to illustrate your point. What of the other smaller tracks that litter Thailand? What of actual twistie riding, and I'm not talking about easy stuff like Phetchabun but rather down towards Umphang where 120+ degree turns rule and rider skill and tyre limits set the max speed that either bike will be able to take the corner? Would you rather have to be downshifting because after said turn you still have an uphill stretch or would you rather have the torque keep building and pull you up the incline? I'm talking 60 km/h max curves with a 15 degree incline afterwards. You would have to make sure that you were in 2nd for the Ninja and you'd be in 3rd for the CBR to ensure that both were in their powerbands. Accelerating to 80 up the incline would require an upshift with the Ninja and the CBR would still have some 1500 RPM to work with. Get it up to 100 (if the Ninja's lack of torque will allow it) and both bikes would be shifting into 4th. Downshift two for the Ninja for the next corner and a single gear for the CBR and wash, rinse, and repeat.

As you are so quick to point out, I am a noob, but doesn't shifting take precious time away from forward momentum? Isn't torque the actual force that propels the rear wheel and the more you have doing that the better? Or is your definition of a better race bike akin to NASCAR's definition of a better race car? Can go quickly around nice banked corners rather than pull out of a tight turn like a Formula car can?

**edit**

See you also clipped out part of my reply (which is a violation of forum rules). Was it because you were uncomfortable with the facts? Did you not which to discuss the fact that the torque filled engines actually do dominate at levels neither you nor I will ever be at?

So sorry for clipping your dyno charts Dave- no problem, from now on I'll quote your entire posts even though you've already posted those dyno chart pics showing the Ninette's power advantage more times than I can count. :rolleyes:

I see you still haven't learned how to ride in the proper gear- no doubt that's one big source of frustration for you on your Ninjette. That and the fact that neither the Ninjette nor the CB"r" are designed to haul around someone as heavy as you.

Attached pic is a bit of an exaggeration, but only a bit ;)

FYI, you should downshift when you are on the brakes- this way you are already in the proper gear when it's time to get back on the gas. Get it? :passifier:

Actually, you are the one who keeps telling us you're a noob, and while you may be a math whiz, it's clear from your posts and MASSIVE chicken strips that you still don't know how to ride your bike.

Excluding go cart tracks like the BRC aren't all of Thailand's tracks "high speed"? And we had a good review a while back comparing Ninjette and CB"r" at the BRC that gave the Ninjette the win thanks to her superior handling that allows her to stay planted on that shitty track while the CB"r" wallows and chatters her way around the corners.

Why don't you and some of your CB"r" friends join us at Kaeng Krachan tomorrow and we'll see which bike is faster down the straights AND through the corners. :)

Happy Trails!

T

It grows a bit tedious having to dodge the fact that the Thai model, regardless of what was claimed in the past, is down on power compared to the US model which everyone wants to consider when they look at reviews? Imagine how the rest of us feel of your lack of contribution to the thread with your inane CB'r' comments, lack of any real data and 'taking the piss'.

Don't have the proper gear? What are you on about. Starting up top you bought the same helmet I already had. I have Joe Rocket/Shift/AGV armoured mesh top to bottom. Sidi boots complete the ensemble. Perhaps I'm mis-understanding your point.

And are you talking about chicken stripes like these with the stock tyres?

post-27441-0-93717300-1308219437_thumb.j

(actually doesn't look too much different than the chicken stripes on this rear)

041610Gixxer1Sm.jpg

And if the front end of the CBR is pogo-ing because you cranked up rear pre-load, why wouldn't you drop the rear pre-load to level the bike back out? That question right there, plus the fact that there was what, a single second or so, difference between the two bikes by a rider who admitted that he had much more experience with the Ninja and was NOT pushing the CBR as hard as he could have says more than your juvenile postings does.

And if the CBR lost by such a small amount on a track that SHOULD have favoured the Ninja according to your assertion the Ninja has much better handling, why would a faster track where handling is less of a factor be any different?

As far as the CBR friends go; nobody in Banditos Kamphaeng Phet has one....

plus the fact that there was what, a single second or so, difference between the two bikes by a rider who admitted that he had much more experience with the Ninja and was NOT pushing the CBR as hard as he could have says more than your juvenile postings does.

And if the CBR lost by such a small amount on a track that SHOULD have favoured the Ninja according to your assertion the Ninja has much better handling, why would a faster track where handling is less of a factor be any different?

That was quite an interesting review alright.

The porky with a yoshi can wasn't it, that was pushed so hard it couldn't stay rubberside down, could only manage, was it 1.6 secs or something faster than a stock CBR being ridden lightly. :lol:

Oh dear.

Newf.. Thanks for that. I don't think i have anything on this Saturday so will come and watch... Can tell us the times that the practice and racing is going on...Thanks Allan

This weekends race schedule at thailand circuit:

post-113955-0-42243000-1308227528_thumb.

**edit**

Now that you know somewhat the tactics behind downshifting to put you in the sweetspot, now you have to learn to slip the clutch to give your bike an extra bump in acceleration.

If a bike is close enough to the sweetspot or about to fall out of it, you dont have to downshift at all - just pop the clutch, rev it to raise the rpm to lower resistance of inertial mass and let her loose.

Go out and ride! LEARN ! One day you will be a ninja, but for now you are still only grasshoppa....

I've, irrespective of your opinion, have know about that...but thanks for the concern.

And the only reason i will clip a reply is due to maximum number of quotes; I can not think of a single time that I've clipped the poster that I was responding to.

Really? Your post sure doesn't reflect knowledgeable use of the clutch.

**edit**

Really? Your post sure doesn't reflect knowledgeable use of the clutch.

Please do expound on any part of my post that would indicate a lack of knowledge on using a clutch; I would be grateful for the 'instructioning'.

Nah i think i'll hold back so a few of us can have a good laugh.

Is this a case of not really having an actual answer or simply a case of:

post-27441-0-08482400-1308232728_thumb.j

What kind of retarded picture is that?

Nah i think i'll hold back so a few of us can have a good laugh.

Is this a case of not really having an actual answer or simply a case of:

post-27441-0-08482400-1308232728_thumb.j

What kind of retarded picture is that?

The kind posted in reply to retarded postings...

So sorry for clipping your dyno charts Dave- no problem, from now on I'll quote your entire posts even though you've already posted those dyno chart pics showing the Ninette's power advantage more times than I can count. :rolleyes:

I see you still haven't learned how to ride in the proper gear- no doubt that's one big source of frustration for you on your Ninjette. That and the fact that neither the Ninjette nor the CB"r" are designed to haul around someone as heavy as you.

FYI, you should downshift when you are on the brakes- this way you are already in the proper gear when it's time to get back on the gas. Get it? :passifier:

Actually, you are the one who keeps telling us you're a noob, and while you may be a math whiz, it's clear from your posts and MASSIVE chicken strips that you still don't know how to ride your bike.

Excluding go cart tracks like the BRC aren't all of Thailand's tracks "high speed"? And we had a good review a while back comparing Ninjette and CB"r" at the BRC that gave the Ninjette the win thanks to her superior handling that allows her to stay planted on that shitty track while the CB"r" wallows and chatters her way around the corners.

Why don't you and some of your CB"r" friends join us at Kaeng Krachan tomorrow and we'll see which bike is faster down the straights AND through the corners. :)

Happy Trails!

T

It grows a bit tedious having to dodge the fact that the Thai model, regardless of what was claimed in the past, is down on power compared to the US model which everyone wants to consider when they look at reviews? Imagine how the rest of us feel of your lack of contribution to the thread with your inane CB'r' comments, lack of any real data and 'taking the piss'.

It grows tedious as well to have someone who's good with numbers but doesn't know how to ride try to tell us which bike is better. And don't forget that most of the comparison reviews we've seen so far have been of the lower spec North American carbed Ninjette vs the Fuel Injected Honda eco-thumper CB"r". The Fuel Injected Ninjette enjoys better throttle response and I've never seen any evidence to support your claim that the Fuel Injected Ninjette puts out less max horsepower than the carbed version.

Don't have the proper gear? What are you on about. Starting up top you bought the same helmet I already had. I have Joe Rocket/Shift/AGV armoured mesh top to bottom. Sidi boots complete the ensemble. Perhaps I'm mis-understanding your point.

I'm not talking about RIDING GEAR silly :rolleyes: I'm talking about the way I've seen you lugging your poor Ninjette in the wrong gear because you haven't learned how to ride in the proper gear and I guess you're still scared of winding her up past 9000 RPM where she really likes to be.

(actually doesn't look too much different than the chicken stripes on this rear)

041610Gixxer1Sm.jpg

I think you need to look a little closer Dave. While I firmly believe that the road is no place to race and I NEVER get a knee down on public roads, here's another pic taken on the same day-

041610Gixxer5.JPG

Before your crash way back when you rode like a spaz, now you ride like a granny... You'll recall I complimented you on your smoother, safer riding last time we toured together, but <deleted> man, you finally ditched the IRC's and got some proper sticky tires, yet you putz along on the shoulder like a total noob and seem terrified of leaning your bike into a turn... You've been riding for some years now- if you were doing to "get it" it should have happened before now.

And if the front end of the CBR is pogo-ing because you cranked up rear pre-load, why wouldn't you drop the rear pre-load to level the bike back out? That question right there, plus the fact that there was what, a single second or so, difference between the two bikes by a rider who admitted that he had much more experience with the Ninja and was NOT pushing the CBR as hard as he could have says more than your juvenile postings does.

I've never ridden a CB"r" at the track but from all accounts it's going to take a heck of a lot more than just fiddling with the rear pre-load to sort out the handling problems of this bike. You're the math genius- a second or two on a 700 meter long track is a pretty big margin. I recall the reviewer saying he didn't push the CB"r" because the handling was so terrible he was sure he'd bin it. The Ninjette on the other hand inspires such confidence that he did bin it! :lol:

Why on earth do you think handling is less of a factor on a faster track?!

Happy Trails!

T

It grows tedious as well to have someone who's good with numbers but doesn't know how to ride try to tell us which bike is better. And don't forget that most of the comparison reviews we've seen so far have been of the lower spec North American carbed Ninjette vs the Fuel Injected Honda eco-thumper CB"r". The Fuel Injected Ninjette enjoys better throttle response and I've never seen any evidence to support your claim that the Fuel Injected Ninjette puts out less max horsepower than the carbed version.

I'm not talking about RIDING GEAR silly :rolleyes: I'm talking about the way I've seen you lugging your poor Ninjette in the wrong gear because you haven't learned how to ride in the proper gear and I guess you're still scared of winding her up past 9000 RPM where she really likes to be.

041610Gixxer1Sm.jpg

I think you need to look a little closer Dave. While I firmly believe that the road is no place to race and I NEVER get a knee down on public roads, here's another pic taken on the same day-

041610Gixxer5.JPG

Before your crash way back when you rode like a spaz, now you ride like a granny... You'll recall I complimented you on your smoother, safer riding last time we toured together, but <deleted> man, you finally ditched the IRC's and got some proper sticky tires, yet you putz along on the shoulder like a total noob and seem terrified of leaning your bike into a turn... You've been riding for some years now- if you were doing to "get it" it should have happened before now.

I've never ridden a CB"r" at the track but from all accounts it's going to take a heck of a lot more than just fiddling with the rear pre-load to sort out the handling problems of this bike. You're the math genius- a second or two on a 700 meter long track is a pretty big margin. I recall the reviewer saying he didn't push the CB"r" because the handling was so terrible he was sure he'd bin it. The Ninjette on the other hand inspires such confidence that he did bin it! :lol:

Why on earth do you think handling is less of a factor on a faster track?!

Lower spec US version? Care to explain these dynos?

Carbed:

N250DynoSheet.jpg

Carbed:

two_brothers_ninja250r_dyno.jpg

Carbed:

graves-motorsports-ninja-250-dyno-L.jpg

Carbed:

dyno-ninja-250r.png

Fuel Injected:

post-27441-0-80011600-1308239797_thumb.j

I'd actually like to see evidence of your claim that the Thai Ninja is better than the US one; I've provided evidence that for four different tests the carbed version outperforms the FI version in three of them and the fourth is 1/2 a HP off. And while your throttle crispness is noted, doesn't the Ninja only really have any power in the top 1/4 of it's range? And if throttle crispness can be demonstrated by the smoothness of the HP curve than the Thai model sure does have bad crispness compared to even the "3" smoothing of the Area P graph. And I'm not talking about that dip but rather about the less linear raise of power.

As far as my ability to ride having a difference in objective measures of a bike's performance does the fact that I am a Honda whore change the fact that the Kawasaki Versys is better than the Honda Transalp? Not in the least.

In regards to the pictures of chicken stripes; touche old chap. Does not change the fact that when I want to I CAN get quite a far way over, which considering my heft and the tyres that picture was taken on isn't too shabby I reckon. The gearing comment is fair and I've admitted it in the past; I often am in a higher gear than is necessary. I would think that the admission of such would be sufficient to show that I do know what to do.

I really wish, even though as you pointed out I have years (of less than 6 weeks worth of riding time), I had more time to actually get out and get some real instruction. Life is keeping me from that right now and I'll just have to endure your incessant chattering about it until that situation is revised.

A 700 meter track completed in what was it (a minute or so?) means that the average speed was 42 km/h. At 42 km/h average a bike will cover 11.67 meters/sec (do the easy math and divide the 700 by 60). In regards to the comment concerning revising the suspension to make it a better bike; we all know that the Honda is sprung more as a tourer than a racer. However, if you commit a modification that exacerbates the front end's lack of dampening and do not explore options than how is that a valid comparison. I've read when you posted that you have received advice on suspension setup from a racer; call him up and ask him if increasing rear pre-load on a bike that exhibits the characteristics of the CBR is a good idea or if reducing preload after noticing that "the tire hits a bump and simply skips over the pavement". I'll wait for you to get back to us on that.

"Why on earth do you think handling is less of a factor on a faster track?!" Let's see, Nascar versus F1 at Daytona or Nascar versus F1 at the Hungarian Grand Prix? You suppose the race would be extremely tight at Daytona and MUCH less so at Budapest? Why wouldn't handling be less of a factor at a faster track (although Daytona is 0,3km shorter the average speed was 152 mph-243 km/h versus the 200km/h average at Budapest)?

budapest.pngdaytonatrackmap.gif

Isn't there a CBR250 thread in here somewhere?

There would be if YOU LOT would stop polluting it.. Lets just leave it that the Ninja and the Cbr are different.

Also lets say that some people can ride better than others. I know for a fact that i need to get more seat time.

And then lets also keep the personal comments to a minimum. about the bikes and the other forum members.. It's not needed.

Ok. Back to the Cbr.

I saw Brian's Cbr when i went to the quiz night. And very nice it was.

The seat cowl fitted nicely and looked good. The exhaust sounded nice (we believe the Cbr exhaust is slightly shorter)

The HDI projector looked nice,

Any body else have any modification's that they have made.. whether FARKLES or Performance.

'Not saying that you couldn't afford the import big bikes, but you state that you left your CBR 600 in Japan (where bikes aren't cheap as for instance the CBR 250 is listed at 170-190 000 THB) and yet you kept your US mentality and "couldn't swallow the prices" which most people would take to mean that the quoted price was higher than you were prepared to pay and thus you couldn't afford it..' ~ Dave_Boo to Tony

I cannot agree with this single thought. I could buy a CBR 250R ABS tomorrow, but I can't swallow the price. I won't pay it to profiteers who almost certainly will charge me all the traffic will bear in all other things if the opportunity arises in the future. Similarly I won't pay protective import duties if any other similar bike avoids it (probably because the fix is in on beer imports and therefore beer prices). Certainly, my just setting up here in Thailand could figure in my thinking, but paying (coming from the U.S.) what seems far too much strikes me as meaning indignation more than it indicates practicality. I mean, hexl, this is e-mail.

But certainly if I argue that 30,000 baht is insignificant, I'm just doing whatever 'taking the piss' is in reverse - all over myself. Er, no, maybe that doesn't work. Perhaps I mean that I'd just be boasting - a bit.

The CBR ABS can still be found for 115,000-120,000 baht if you make a few phone calls which is the lowest price anywhere on the planet.

Yep, bought one yesterday and paid 114.000.

Hi Bob, can you share the name and location of your dealer? Thanks.

Sorry sorry. I should have read the post more carefully before i posted. Mine is without ABS. Bought on Srinakarin Road

Samut Prakarn, near the Theparak intersection.

Jan

The carbon Ixil full system exhaust looks pretty sweet, would look even better on my black cb'R' :)

Wow, that looks nice. Is it available here yet?

Can be bought from these guys in Australia http://screamingdemon.com.au/, carbon full system is 700AUD (22,500baht) including delivery and they also sell their own Screaming Demon full systems for around 500AUD http://screamingdemon.com.au/index.php?main_page=page&id=8

If anyone is looking for second hand cbr 250's there are plenty for sale on thai cbr website http://www.cbr250thai.com/bbs/thread.php?fid=6 one just sold 80,000 and a 500km abs for 95,000, they seem to appear daily-ish so good place to look if you dont like the premium on new bikes.

Probably the Thai's buying toys they cannot afford whistling.gif

The Gray one at the top that says it has ABS (posted by Monkey400), as far as i can tell (even despite the fact the ABS stickers are missing) is that it is a Standard CBR and not ABS.

The Gray one at the top that says it has ABS (posted by Monkey400), as far as i can tell (even despite the fact the ABS stickers are missing) is that it is a Standard CBR and not ABS.

In both the title and the post it says it doesn't have ABS.

ไม่มี ABS

Mai Mee ABS. Not have ABS.

Isn't there a CBR250 thread in here somewhere?

There would be if YOU LOT would stop polluting it.. Lets just leave it that the Ninja and the Cbr are different.

Also lets say that some people can ride better than others. I know for a fact that i need to get more seat time.

And then lets also keep the personal comments to a minimum. about the bikes and the other forum members.. It's not needed.

Ok. Back to the Cbr.

I saw Brian's Cbr when i went to the quiz night. And very nice it was.

The seat cowl fitted nicely and looked good. The exhaust sounded nice (we believe the Cbr exhaust is slightly shorter)

The HDI projector looked nice,

Any body else have any modification's that they have made.. whether FARKLES or Performance.

Thanks thaicbr, been to busy for a few days to keep the girls quiet

This is a cbr250 thread, bashing each other can be done by PM, not in public, Ninjettes in the cbr250-ninjette thread, riding skills perhaps a new topic? Please be kind to our sponsor, please post on topic, or recieve a free holiday