Worcestershire Sauce Equivalent In Thailand

rizla

Why ask about an equivalent ?.....you can buy the real stuff....Tesco's, Villa..... many many places..

Cheaper? haven`t seen in tesco...i`m in issan.....many things i cant find eg. tarmarind powder etc..thx

Edited by rizla

From Wiki.

Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce sold in the USA differs from the British recipe. Its ingredients are listed as: vinegar, molasses, high fructose corn syrup, anchovies, water, onions, salt, garlic, tamarind concentrate, cloves, natural flavorings and chili pepper extract. The main differences are the use of distilled white vinegar in place of malt vinegar, and high fructose corn syrup in place of sugar.

I have never been able to tell the difference between the two. However I can certainly tell the difference between either of the above and many of the disgusting substitutes.

Why ask about an equivalent ?.....you can buy the real stuff....Tesco's, Villa..... many many places..

Cheaper? haven`t seen in tesco...i`m in issan.....many things i cant find eg. tarmarind powder etc..thx

I have seen it at Makro and Tesco Surin. Like everything else for the farang you need to stock up when you get to civilization.:lol: You could contact

http://www.staffordsfoodsthailand.com/ if he does not have he can get and post to you.

Edited by gotlost

I have seen it at Makro and Tesco Surin. Like everything else for the farang you need to stock up when you get to civilization.:lol:

Top man, thats where i shop.........last time i was in makro i suppose i was blinkered a bit as i was on the hunt for biscuit making ingreedients.....oatmeal/wholemeal flour...was top of the list for making digestives....for banofee pie.....thanks for the heads up:jap:

I have seen it at Makro and Tesco Surin. Like everything else for the farang you need to stock up when you get to civilization.:lol: You could contact

http://www.staffordsfoodsthailand.com/ if he does not have he can get and post to you.

Gary is to exspensive for me....i`m not a that well off..

rizzla - I can source digestives. Want some Worcester sauce as well ? ;)

rizzla - I can source digestives. Want some Worcester sauce as well ? ;)

as i was on the hunt for biscuit making ingreedients.....oatmeal/wholemeal flour...was top of the list for making digestives....for banofee pie.....thanks for the heads up:jap:

At least the toffee can be easily replaced here: boil a can of sweetened condensed milk for 3 hours, making sure it stays covered with water, let cool to room temperature, open and you have toffee for your Banoffee Pie.

as i was on the hunt for biscuit making ingreedients.....oatmeal/wholemeal flour...was top of the list for making digestives....for banofee pie.....thanks for the heads up:jap:

At least the toffee can be easily replaced here: boil a can of sweetened condensed milk for 3 hours, making sure it stays covered with water, let cool to room temperature, open and you have toffee for your Banoffee Pie.

Its not cheaper and easier to buy it than to cook condensed milk for 3 hours??

I think you missed the point. Dulce de Leche toffee is likely challenging to find here, and hundreds of pub chefs use the condensed milk trick. But if you have any tips please share them.

I think you missed the point. Dulce de Leche toffee is likely challenging to find here, and hundreds of pub chefs use the condensed milk trick. But if you have any tips please share them.

Hi

Nope dont have an idea, not even what it is, just thought it would be easy to buy, i do see a lot of people ask about some stuff that has been available for years here, move to a place where they have Villa Market (that was a joke but i like Villa)