Price For Rubber Plant

steph14

Prices vary , depending on the age of the sapling. And the variety (grafted). The best solution is to find the people who grow the young trees and discuss with them. You will need someone to go with you , who can translate for you. As a rough guide, the last time I bought them , the prices were B 20 and up. But that was 2 years ago. I suspect they may be dearer ,now. As is everything, in Thailand.

You said in an earlier post that you would not be back in Thailand until next June. So I assume you are just going to send money to someone and let them plant them in the next wet season. As it seems that your wife G/F or her family know little about rubber, or you would not need to ask these questions. The chances are you will end up with a field of sticks. As I said you can't do rubber from 12,000 km away. Save your money and use it for a good holiday. Jim

Not a real problem. If he is coming here next June, he can plant then. What does he need to do > Plough the land. Hill up for the trees. Plant the trees. spray for weeds. Apply correct fertilizer.Spray again for weeds ,when they start growing .To get some income for the first 4 years, I suggest planting cassava , as a cash crop. Plough the land twice ,After the first ploughing broadcast fertilizer. Plough the second time to hill up to plant the sticks. Spray for weeds, After 2-3 months fertilize again.When weeds re-appear spray again. Don't worry, if after November, you get no rain, cassava is drought tolerant. Harvest the next year, when ever you like.But before the onset of the next rainy season.Sorry, but the O.P. is after practical advice, not denigration.Good luck to him.Nothing ventured, nothing gained.Give it a fly, mate. Sure you will make mistakes, but you learn real quick.

Not a real problem. If he is coming here next June, he can plant then. What does he need to do > Plough the land. Hill up for the trees. Plant the trees. spray for weeds. Apply correct fertilizer.Spray again for weeds ,when they start growing .To get some income for the first 4 years, I suggest planting cassava , as a cash crop. Plough the land twice ,After the first ploughing broadcast fertilizer. Plough the second time to hill up to plant the sticks. Spray for weeds, After 2-3 months fertilize again.When weeds re-appear spray again. Don't worry, if after November, you get no rain, cassava is drought tolerant. Harvest the next year, when ever you like.But before the onset of the next rainy season.Sorry, but the O.P. is after practical advice, not denigration.Good luck to him.Nothing ventured, nothing gained.Give it a fly, mate. Sure you will make mistakes, but you learn real quick.

Don;t know where the OP is planning to plant, but where I am if you plant late June or July the trees will not have got to the growing stage before the dry season comes. Then all he will have is a field of dead trees. Add to that he will have to order his trees now and can not see if the nursey makes proper clones or just grows from seed. Jim

Don;t know where the OP is planning to plant, but where I am if you plant late June or July the trees will not have got to the growing stage before the dry season comes. Then all he will have is a field of dead trees. Add to that he will have to order his trees now and can not see if the nursey makes proper clones or just grows from seed. Jim

Down here can plant in June ,no problem. Of course the earlier you plant, the better, except when you have a dry start to the rainy season.As we did this year.Those you planted paddy early this year ,will have a very poor harvest. The same with rubber this year, it was not until June we got any rain, enough for rubber,not enough for paddy. They were still planting paddy in September,and just enough rain to start it growing.Then this week the heavens opened big time,now we have floods all over the place. Feast or Famine ,eh?

Down here can plant in June ,no problem. Of course the earlier you plant, the better, except when you have a dry start to the rainy season.As we did this year.Those you planted paddy early this year ,will have a very poor harvest. The same with rubber this year, it was not until June we got any rain, enough for rubber,not enough for paddy. They were still planting paddy in September,and just enough rain to start it growing.Then this week the heavens opened big time,now we have floods all over the place. Feast or Famine ,eh?

Different rain patterns here on the Lao Cambodia border, Rains come earlier and some time last longer, but you can never tell. We are losing 10 days of tapping a month due to rain. Raining now. All things you have to take into account when planting rubber. As for the OP maybe you should think of potting your trees for a year or two or three. If it did it all again I think I would go for the potting methed. Jim

Different rain patterns here on the Lao Cambodia border, Rains come earlier and some time last longer, but you can never tell. We are losing 10 days of tapping a month due to rain. Raining now. All things you have to take into account when planting rubber. As for the OP maybe you should think of potting your trees for a year or two or three. If it did it all again I think I would go for the potting methed. Jim

I take it ,you on the Eastern side of Ubon. I am in The Deep South,(hehehehe ) of Buriram,very near the Cambodian border.Our rainfall patterns have changed greatly in the last 10 years. About 90% of our upland is now rubber.Almost linking up with the forest in Cambodia. With the rain of this last week,and contiuing, our tapping season may well stretch again ,as last year, into late January.I do think we have developed a micro climate here.Nobody here ever pots. Trees always go straight into the ground.I agree it would be good if we knew precisely where the O.P's land is. To give more accurate info. Bill

Yes South East of Ubon slap up against the jungle and about 15 km from the border of Lao. As for rain fall parterns can;t say I have noticed any chance, but this was jungle before the rubber came, not rice country. The thing I notice most is we get a lot more rainy days than they get 10 km west, which is rice country. Don't know if it's the jungle or the hills, but good for rubber except for the loss of tapping days.

Do you do cup or sheet and what sort of prices are you getting. We are starting to produce fairly large amounts and I will be looking at trucking the stuff out for a better price next year. Jim

Yes South East of Ubon slap up against the jungle and about 15 km from the border of Lao. As for rain fall parterns can;t say I have noticed any chance, but this was jungle before the rubber came, not rice country. The thing I notice most is we get a lot more rainy days than they get 10 km west, which is rice country. Don't know if it's the jungle or the hills, but good for rubber except for the loss of tapping days.

Do you do cup or sheet and what sort of prices are you getting. We are starting to produce fairly large amounts and I will be looking at trucking the stuff out for a better price next year. Jim

Was jungle here before. Micro climates seem to be happening.our rubber areas seem to get more rain.but as i said before, about 90% of our upland areas are now rubber-Thousands of Rai. Kee Yang is B 65- 70, Sheet is B 102.5 ,selling locally. There are problems to trucking out yourself. Quite difficult to overcome. A friend of mine has looked into it and has decided it can't be done. Have to sell to a local dealer/'authorised buyer. It seems our rubber is trucked to Rayong, then by ship to Songkhla. Difficult to get accurate info.. Sorry , I can't be more helpful.Bill

Buying and trucking is not a problem for me as I am the only licensed rubber company in the district. The problem is the price you get after transport. You need to make more than a bath a kilo to cover the costs of fuel etc. Jim

O.K., that was what I was alluding to. You need that licence .they give you a buyers number?And where delivery should be made?. Try this wilmar390 at yahoo doda com dodoo au

Buying and trucking is not a problem for me as I am the only licensed rubber company in the district. The problem is the price you get after transport. You need to make more than a bath a kilo to cover the costs of fuel etc. Jim

O.K., that was what I was alluding to. You need that licence .they give you a buyers number?And where delivery should be made?. Try this wilmar390 at yahoo doda com dodoo au

A farang think you missed my point I don't need the buyers licence, we have a Registered limited rubber company same as the big boys down south. We can buy process, manufacture what ever as long as it's rubber. My problem is I am limited by money as to what I can or can not do. So we have to go slow as the factory builds up. It's a long story. If you ever get up this way come on over for the night and bring beer and I will tell you the story. Jim

A farang think you missed my point I don't need the buyers licence, we have a Registered limited rubber company same as the big boys down south. We can buy process, manufacture what ever as long as it's rubber. My problem is I am limited by money as to what I can or can not do. So we have to go slow as the factory builds up. It's a long story. If you ever get up this way come on over for the night and bring beer and I will tell you the story. Jim

No,No ,didn't miss the point. I understood that, but didn't want to be ,shall we say ,too blatant. I think we may have out grown here. can you talk to me as I suggested in my previous reply?

No,No ,didn't miss the point. I understood that, but didn't want to be ,shall we say ,too blatant. I think we may have out grown here. can you talk to me as I suggested in my previous reply?

Understood

• 2 weeks later...

I came across this website which was particularly useful and gave him a call.

He seems to have all your answers and a very good downloadable document which contains production rates etc.

When we called all he wanted to do is buy my land, but after we got over that hurdle he was very informative.

Give him a try.

http://yan​gpara.blog​spot.com/

http://bur​iramyangpa​ra.blogspo​t.com/

Clive

Hi All,

has anybody information about price of land in rayong area with rubber trees about 4-5 years old??

My wife was offered(from friends..B) .) some 3,5 rai at 500 000 baht.

I am absolutely not happy with this, because i think its to small by far(for rubber plantation) and too expensive..

can pls someone give me some facts to discuss with wife.

Thanks.

Hi All,

has anybody information about price of land in rayong area with rubber trees about 4-5 years old??

My wife was offered(from friends..B) .) some 3,5 rai at 500 000 baht.

I am absolutely not happy with this, because i think its to small by far(for rubber plantation) and too expensive..

can pls someone give me some facts to discuss with wife.

Thanks.

Too small yes, too expensive no.

I am not sure that anyone has answered Steph14 opening post.

So as an indication, here is what I have paid recently.

June this year 32 baht per tree for RRIM600, and last year 22 Baht per tree for RRIT251.

Planting was 3 baht/ tree and fertilizer 1000 Baht per Rai.

I did not order my plants, just bought them off the shelf, which was obviously a mistake.

I hope this reply is of some help

Clive