Sunbelt 1 Year Non-em B Visa

I am currently not planning to work in Thailand but own a condo in BKK and wish to stay in Thailand.

I am pursuing a non-em B 1 year multiple visa based on investment/condo. If that does not work out (condo was not purchased directly from developer) I would instead pursue a non-em b based on sponsorship as advertised on www.lawyer.th.com.(sponsor of this site). I will truely be looking for further investments here(and abroad) as is one of the "requirements" from Sunbelt.

Below you can see costs involved. Does anybody have any experience with this method?

Is Sunbelt not taking on a large risk by making sponsorship guarentees for their clients?

Can one renew/extend the non-em b visa after 12 (or 15) months or would one need to get a new one?

Any tips appreciated! Cheers!

One Year Non-Immigrant B Visa ( Multiple Entry)

1x Sunbelt Asia Sponsorhip Documents = 7200+VAT

1x Trip to Thai Consulate (Flight, hotel, misc) = 15,000

1x Visa Consulate Charge = 5000

3x Visa Runs = 6000

Grand Total = 33,200 *plus - you get an extra 3 months for a total of 15months

Is Sunbelt not taking on a large risk by making sponsorship guarentees for their clients?
No not in our opinion. We are only stating that you have said "You are looking to invest in Thailand."
Can one renew/extend the non-em b visa after 12 (or 15) months or would one need to get a new one?

Get a new visa. If you have an extension of stay permit based on business then you can renew it.

Thai Embassy in my country of residence (Vienna, Austria) turned down my application for 1 Year.

Every Consulate or Embassy is different on their interpretations of the criteria to obtain a one year multi entry visa. We have over the years worked with most all in the World and know which are more “liberal” in granting this type of visa for the one year.

www.lawyer.th.com

Am from Scandinavia and my experience at the embassy there was somewhere in the middle, they gave me a 6 month tourist visa/2 entries as maximum (not accept any non-em b visa without more paper work) - but right now travelling in SEA and then back to Thailand so will see have my current application develop. Cheers!

Get a new visa. If you have an extension of stay permit based on business then you can renew it.

How would one go about getting a extension of stay?

Thank you in advance, I have been told I can have a multi entry business but should i apply at the same time for the above?

I got a One Year Multiple entry B Visa in Sri Lanka with Sunbelt Sponsorship. No problem whatsoever. Quick flight there and back, no hassles at the consulate.

I think my flight was around 21,000 baht but I booked the ticket 2 days in advance. Hotel was 1000 baht a night. Had a nice time there.

Better this way for me because I havent formed my company yet, so no extension of stay is possible and tourist visa runs were driving me f___ing nuts.

Mr. Capers; so now you only do 3-4 visa runs a year right? As my understanding is that you can not do the Thailand based 90 day reporting only on that kind of "sponsored" visa.

I agree that it is nicer than the tourist visa race even though a 6 month, triple entry tourist visa gives you 9 months (with 2 extensions and 2 visa runs) also - so not THAT big a difference?

If my current method (applying for non-em b based on investment) does not work out I will pursue the Sunbelt option I think.

Cheers!

• 4 months later...
I went for this a Year ago. Thai Embassy in my country of residence (Vienna, Austria)  turned down my application for 1 Year. I finally talked them into a 2 Entry Visa.

That's life!

Sunny

i got 2 entry but i think it because of what u earn i dont know i applied and got it straight away frist time i been thailand before so maby it was that i showed i had over 70000bht in my account at time of application and i showed my salary details so it might have been that i paid about £50 for it i also showed i had about 200000bht to take as holiday money (in traveles cheques)not alowed to work that the only problem but it say i have to go before 1st may i go in 25th dec so i think it ok

Thai Embassy in my country of residence (Vienna, Austria) turned down my application for 1 Year.
Every Consulate or Embassy is different on their interpretations of the criteria to obtain a one year multi entry visa. We have over the years worked with most all in the World and know which are more “liberal” in granting this type of visa for the one year.

www.lawyer.th.com

1. Have you (or anyone) had experience with the consulate in Shanghai in obtaining a Non-Im "B" visa based on investment of a Condo? I'm currently on assignment in China based in Shanghai (U.S. passport), so this would be the most convenient place for me to apply. How difficult is it to get a Non-Im "B" here?

2. Can you verify that with a Non-Im "B" visa that once I entered Thailand I could apply for a one-year extension with multiple re-entry, which would permit me to stay without visa runs yet come in and ou of the country during the year?

3. I'm a bit confused, as I saw IM visa being mentioned somewhere else in this forum. What's the difference between Non-Im "B" visa and an IM visa?

Thanks for your feedback.

Have you (or anyone) had experience with the consulate in Shanghai in obtaining a Non-Im "B" visa based on investment of a Condo? I'm currently on assignment in China based in Shanghai (U.S. passport), so this would be the most convenient place for me to apply. How difficult is it to get a Non-Im "B" here?
Must be a Chinese national or have a Chinese residence card to apply. You would get 90 day visa with the paperwork from a sponsoring Thai company.
. Can you verify that with a Non-Im "B" visa that once I entered Thailand I could apply for a one-year extension with multiple re-entry, which would permit me to stay without visa runs yet come in and ou of the country during the year?

If you qualified by the following: Tax paid on a minimum salary required for your nationality: example 60K salary per month for American, Canadian or Japanese and either 4 Thai employees per work permit for a typical company or 1 Thai employee employed per work permit, at a minimum salary of 5,250 per month, if your companies objective is a consultant/advisor or agent.

3. I'm a bit confused, as I saw IM visa being mentioned somewhere else in this forum. What's the difference between Non-Im "B" visa and an IM visa?

"B" is for Business

"IM" is for investment. That criteria for a "IM" is investment of 3 million Baht in a condo( previous seller being a Thai or Thai development co., Thai bonds or fixed deposit in a State bank.

www.lawyer.th.com