English Bar Owner Jumps To His Death

Pattaya_Fox

English Bar owner Jumps to his Death In Soi Yamoto, Souith Pattaya.

Police Major Sutum from Pattaya Police Station was called to the Absolut Bar in Soi Yamoto to investigate the suspected suicide of the bar owner Mr. Derek John Edwards aged 43 from England. His Naked body was lying in the centre of the road. He had received a major head trauma thought to have been sustained after a fall from his 2nd floor apartment above the bar. His wife, Khun Biyawan aged 27 was clearly extremely distraught, but mentioned to us that her husband was a heavy drinker and claimed that he needed to drink every day to keep him sane. On this day he had been out for the day drinking around Pattaya and returned back to his bar at around 6pm in a drunken state. He made his way to his apartment wrote a small suicide note which read; "Sorry, Love you Ping Baby Mum & Kids". As reported by foreign and Thai witnesses who were drinking in surrounding bars they then say the man jumped. Apart from the excessive drinking there appears to be no other motive for the apparent suicide and Police found no signs of foul play inside his room. The British Embassy in Bangkok has been informed who will in turn inform his family back in England about Mr. Edwards`s death.

Pattaya City News

Thursday 28th July 2005

I guess if you jump head first...  it would be enough

Yeah suppose - most jumpers go feet first though! :o

This just doesn't make any sense to me - why are all these jumpers going out butt nekkid ?

I'm not shy but for sure - I would not want all the passers by seeing me naked, even if I was dead.

Smacks of guys sleeping naked & not being given a choice about jumping to me....

Strange one to say the least. Sorry for the witnesses and the family. Must have been tough to attempt suicide from the second floor. He must have been looking for some help. Probably thought it would just hurt. Sad , isn't it?

2nd floor jumper, naked, dead from the fall? no chance.

Smacked in the head with something heavy whilst sleeping naked after a day on the pi.ss, thrown out of window.

No motive for murder? He's a bar owner, who's his business partners? Start checking them first.

Ridiculous the amount of dodgy suicides in Pattaya, are any foreign governments departments looking into these cases at all?

.....Well according to the press release there were witness to the jump who were both foreign and Thai.

There was also a suicide note...which i guess could be analized for handwriting & DNA.

The second floor which in effect could be 30 feet high is certainly high enough to kill you if you jump and break your neck or spine. :o

Happened just after 6pm i was sat in the Wonderful Bar 1 just up the street.

He came down head first............was talking to a guy who knew him said he had just been released from the cop shop this week for running out into Soi Yamoto naked...........sounds like he had mental problems.

Sad never the less. :o

Well its low season, not many falangs making money, infact most are being fleeced

and backing there bars - business up with there pensions - disabitly allowance and

social money (which they could live on if they didn’t have a bar). I would estimate

that over the next three months there will be at least 15 suicides from falangs.

.....Well according to the press release there were witness to the jump who were both foreign and Thai.

Happened  just  after  6pm  i  was  sat  in  the  Wonderful  Bar  1  just  up  the  street.

He  came  down  head  first............was  talking  to  a  guy  who  knew  him  said  he  had  just  been  released  from  the  cop  shop  this  week  for  running  out  into  Soi  Yamoto  naked...........sounds  like  he  had  mental  problems.

Sad  never  the  less.  :o

Thanks for the extra info, looks like it could well have been a suicide after all.

Did the witnesses actually see him JUMP...? Probably will turn out that they saw (when they heard) a man that landed or already had landed....

Few people sit in a bar and stare at apartment balconies I guess.

Just speculating....

Ridiculous the amount of dodgy suicides in Pattaya, are any foreign governments departments looking into these cases at all?

Basically the consular departments have no authority to investigate suicides ar any form of crime. If they are notified first, thay will notify the local plod.

Neither can they supply a lawyer if you are in trouble. They may recommend, but that is the extent of their remit.

Just another case

Each 'case' is a person, with attendant pain and suffering. :o

Maybe time for a 'I've burnt my bridges forum'. I think there are many people out here like that, and they are normally isolated, as far as their position and problems go. Nobody will advise, support or help, no motivational source. I certainly burnt all mine. Set fire to them all, individually and deliberately, for good reason. I'm not alone in this, and have no death wish, but no option but to fight alone.

I believe there are quite a number in similar position, and ideas and resources may be shared.

NOT humming Kumbaya..

Edited by OlRedEyes

Just another case

Each 'case' is a person, with attendant pain and suffering. :o

Maybe time for a 'I've burnt my bridges forum'. I think there are many people out here like that, and they are normally isolated, as far as their position and problems go. Nobody will advise, support or help, no motivational source. I certainly burnt all mine. Set fire to them all, individually and deliberately, for good reason. I'm not alone in this, and have no death wish, but no option but to fight alone.

I believe there are quite a number in similar position, and ideas and resources may be shared.

NOT humming Kumbaya..

If you have really burned your bridges doesn't that mean that you are free from your past and you start each new day with a fresh outlook on life.

Seems to me a carefree existence so I not understand what you're fighting against.

After a long discussion the Admin/Mod team has come to the conclusion that it serves no purpose to have discussions regarding suicides, and to continue would be in bad taste.

The Forum Terms of Service are being updated to reflect this.

cv