Overbrook Hospital Misdiagnosed

halfhead

My wifes mother had a cyst on her neck tested in overbrook and was told it was cancerous and that she needed a operation to remove it at a cost of 50,000

She went to the university hostpital in Chiangmai where it was tested and she was told that it wasnt cancerous but It still had to come out anyway,

they seemed to be very surprised that Overbrook had told her that,I dont know if this is an easy or commom mistake to make maybe someone else does?

The family were just very relieved with the second opinion.

My TW's Mother has some intestinal problem and was told she needed an operation (up north). She went to Bangkok in hopes of finding better quality treatment. She found a better hospital and was told she needed the operation for an amount that was far out of her reach. She went to a 3rd hospital in hopes of getting the price down and was told she needed no operation at all. She went back home and has been fine since. (about 4 months)

2nd and 3rd opinions are adviseable any where.:jap:

I thought it was always advisable to get at least a 2nd opinion when told something as serious as possibly having cancer. Every hospital anywhere has probably at one time or another misdiagnosed someone (and likely on numerous occasion)

Personally, if one said yes ( to a serious condition) and one said no, I would at least go for a 3rd opinion too.