2011 Ford Ranger (T6) Revealed At Sydney Motor Show

sjonburi

Hi Guys,

Ford unveiled it's 2011 Ranger at the Sydney Motor Show today.

Looks pretty macho to me and engine wise it seems promising as well : 2.2 liter 4-cylinder TDCI 150 HP / 374 NM or 5 cylinder 3.2 liter 200 HP / 470NM.. B)Transmission options are either 6 speed Manual or 6 speed Automatic.

The Ranger supposed to go on sale in the Q3 2011 The production of the Ranger for ASEAN markets will initially take place in Rayong.

post-115885-083359700 1287137706_thumb.j

post-115885-047676100 1287137694_thumb.j

Sjonburi

(BTW first post :rolleyes:)

Edited by sjonburi

Out go the VM-Motori diesel Engines.

In come the VanMan 2.2 and 3.2 Puma Diesel Engines

Good engines.

The 3.2 is fantastic!

Ah, it looks like the Totoya?

Same same design program!

The Hilux years ahead?

Wahahaha

Edited by hansnl

its looks great.. but at a glance it resembles the hilux.. does it mean the hilux is years ahead?

Yes, it's a 4WD 4-door pickup, and so long as they keep the straight lines and naff, 70's style chromed rear bumpers they'll all look pretty much the same ;)

Of course the vehicle it resembles the most is the current Ranger..

Woppy doo! It's a Ford. :rolleyes:

In Thailand, yes, true :)

Good engines.

The 3.2 is fantastic!

The Hilux years ahead?

Wahahaha

are really the outgoing 2,5 and 3,0 Italian VM? they are so quiet and smooth its hard to believe:unsure:

bkk post claimed yesterday T6 should be in thai showrooms "at the end of this year or early next year"

with the 3,2 and 6 speed auto I am sold, any takers of a 2010 Vigo 3,0VN auto 4x4 G 4 door in white?

Thailand will not have the model shown in Australia.You can bet your boots on that. Ford Thailand must hate it when their new trucks are shown off overseas .Because Thais love their big trucks and think they are getting the same in Thailand . Dream onbiggrin.gif

The Hilux years ahead?

Wahahaha

I didnt realise the hilux was designed by the Ford team in Melbourne Australia ??

Thailand will not have the model shown in Australia.You can bet your boots on that. Ford Thailand must hate it when their new trucks are shown off overseas .Because Thais love their big trucks and think they are getting the same in Thailand . Dream onbiggrin.gif

I beg to differ, the Thais will be getting the same Vehicles, including the 2.5 Duratec petrol engine.

I beg to differ, the Thais will be getting the same Vehicles, including the 2.5 Duratec petrol engine.

+1

Good engines.

The 3.2 is fantastic!

The Hilux years ahead?

Wahahaha

are really the outgoing 2,5 and 3,0 Italian VM? they are so quiet and smooth its hard to believe:unsure:

bkk post claimed yesterday T6 should be in thai showrooms "at the end of this year or early next year"

with the 3,2 and 6 speed auto I am sold, any takers of a 2010 Vigo 3,0VN auto 4x4 G 4 door in white?

Wonder which is correct ?

14 Oct 2010 ...The next generation 2011 Ford Ranger has been unveiled to the world at the 2010 Australian International Motor Show in Sydney, However, the first factory to build the new “T6″ Ranger will be none other than the Thailand plant up north beginning summer 2011,

Good engines.

The 3.2 is fantastic!

The Hilux years ahead?

Wahahaha

Wonder which is correct ?

14 Oct 2010 ...The next generation 2011 Ford Ranger has been unveiled to the world at the 2010 Australian International Motor Show in Sydney, However, the first factory to build the new "T6″ Ranger will be none other than the Thailand plant up north beginning summer 2011,

The original schedule for the T6 was always a Nov/Dec 2011 release, but I've now had two different sources (both Ford competitors) say the release of the T6 is rumored to be happening very soon, then you have spoonman who's R&D manager is expecting one before year's end and states that the public release is in June/July next year, and then the BKK Post article as Kata pointed out..

We'll all know for sure very soon I guess :)