New Car Insurance,registration,road Tax

I'm getting a new Toyota Fortuner in a couple of weeks. It's going to cost

about 1,220,000 baht. Its a 3.0 Litre Diesel Engine getting about 11Km/litre.

I wanted to find out how much on top of this price will the following items

total (more or less - don't expect exact numbers, just to the nearest 5,000 Baht for the total of all):

1. First Class Insurance

2. Registration Fee

3. Road Tax

Note that last week there was an item in the news that the red license plate restriction for driving after 8:30 PM is going to be lifted, but that they would make people with red plates pay the road taxes on the vehicle immediately instead of only making them pay the road tax when they switch to regular plates.

Thanks. :o

I got my Fortuner 2.7 and paid all in all for total of B1,158,941 includes insurance B27,127 (F/C) registration and tax B7,814.

As for the consumption I did about 7.5km/l for city driving and about 10.5km/l for long distance.

Jaye,

Your consumption is high. (pun intended)

Surely not a D4D

Pichai,

Your 2.7 is petrol

I can get 14km/litre out of a 2.5 Toyota non-turbo diesel

The claim I've heard(from a dealer rep) is that the Fortuner's Common Rail 3.0 Diesel Intercooler engine will give 14 Km/liter if driven on the highway at a steady 80Km/hour; this is thus a maximum. I' ve been told avg overall mileage is appx 11km/liter for the diesel and 8-9 km/liter for the petrol 2.7 . This is the main reason I went for the diesel and waited for 2 months instead of 3 weeks to get it. Regardless of price differential between diesel & benzene, the diesel is still 20-25% more efficient on a liter to liter basis.