Leopard For Mac At Banana It?

MisterMan

Their website had the box set (with iLife & iWork) for ฿5,990. Not sure if they've got the upgrade (just OS X) disc or not. I forget their URL but if you google "banana it phuket" you'll find it.

That price by the way (box set) is significantly higher than it costs in the US. And I just came back from there dammit!

google "banana it phuket" you'll find it.

I spent about 3 hours at Banana IT at ground floor of Jungceylon today and they tried to get a DTAC Aircard to run. They did not want to take this beast back and refund, even though it did not work on their own laptops. The problem was these wasted three hours with the most incompetent staff of a computer shop I ever met... Never ever I go there again.

I spent about 3 hours at Banana IT at ground floor of Jungceylon today and they tried to get a DTAC Aircard to run. They did not want to take this beast back and refund, even though it did not work on their own laptops. The problem was these wasted three hours with the most incompetent staff of a computer shop I ever met... Never ever I go there again.

Yeah I saw their website but before I went I wanted to know if they had it instock. In general they do not seem to have to much.

So did you get the refund?

I can order it but it is 300 baht in shipping or free if I buy 800 baht more but there is nothing I really want.. to many mixed reviews on the mouse.. etc.. So was thinking of going to B IT but I have also noticed their policy is NO refunds.

But in Jungceylon is it banana or something else? A friend of mine also had a horrific experience at the computer shop on the ground floor..... hmmm

Good to know your story.. perhaps the 3 hours was not in vain. Good to know who not to support and who to support.

But in Jungceylon is it banana or something else?

In Jungceylon there are two Banana Seller Departments now, one on ground floor near the entry from Rath-U-Thit Rd., the other one on third floor near the game machines above Robinson. I don't know where they recruit their staff, but if it takes about 15 minutes to print a recept there must be something terribly wrong. I have been in the ground floor shop twice, but I will never be back again there.

I recently read another thread (don't remember if here or not) about the ineptitude of the Banana staff, so not surprised at HKT's expereince.

To the OP, there is also the Apple store in JC and one at Central Festival as well.

Edited by iSabai

But in Jungceylon is it banana or something else?

In Jungceylon there are two Banana Seller Departments now, one on ground floor near the entry from Rath-U-Thit Rd., the other one on third floor near the game machines above Robinson. I don't know where they recruit their staff, but if it takes about 15 minutes to print a recept there must be something terribly wrong. I have been in the ground floor shop twice, but I will never be back again there.

Yes in Chalong I have noticed it take for ever just to buy something so simple... 3 people behind the counter and ages for a receipt.

I think the story my friend had was they bought a computer and it did not work....nightmare to take it back..

Yes maybe best to order directly from the apple Thailand online store........ then support incompetent retailers that dont take back defective products.

Really got to wonder about the 'Leopard' purchase? It's been out of date for over 2 years now, so why would anyone want to purchase that? There are also free and easy options to obtain a multitude of software, without being exposed to the Thai overcharging philosophy.

Really got to wonder about the 'Leopard' purchase? It's been out of date for over 2 years now, so why would anyone want to purchase that? There are also free and easy options to obtain a multitude of software, without being exposed to the Thai overcharging philosophy.

How is it out of date? It's their latest OS X version. What other free and easy options for a Mac OS are there? huh.gif

Anyway, the OP asked about this software and I thought I'd pass along the info. I'm assuming this is the upgrade disk for that price. Sells for $29 in the US, so it's only like 33% more here... whistling.gif

How is it out of date? It's their latest OS X version. What other free and easy options for a Mac OS are there? huh.gif

Anyway, the OP asked about this software and I thought I'd pass along the info. I'm assuming this is the upgrade disk for that price. Sells for $29 in the US, so it's only like 33% more here... whistling.gif

Leopard was replaced by Snow Leopard approximately 2 years ago.

Leopard was replaced by Snow Leopard approximately 2 years ago.

Okay. I assumed that the OP was referring to Snow Leopard, but now that I re-read his post I may have assumed wrong, as he did say Leopard.

I'm still using Tiger and have been considering upgrading to SL myself. But that would require buying the box set (with iLife, iWork) for ฿6590, so a bit more of an expense for me than a mere upgrade @ ฿1190. I'd be interested to hear your opinion, think it's worth it??

Okay. I assumed that the OP was referring to Snow Leopard, but now that I re-read his post I may have assumed wrong, as he did say Leopard.

I'm still using Tiger and have been considering upgrading to SL myself. But that would require buying the box set (with iLife, iWork) for ฿6590, so a bit more of an expense for me than a mere upgrade @ ฿1190. I'd be interested to hear your opinion, think it's worth it??

A consideration with Snow Leopard is that it's for intel processor computers, so you need to consider your hardware also. Apple have just announced their next generation OS (LION) which is being released next summer. Could be worthwhile hanging on until then. To be honest, unless there's a specific element of Snow Leopard that you're going to get value from, then stick with Tiger.

A consideration with Snow Leopard is that it's for intel processor computers, so you need to consider your hardware also. Apple have just announced their next generation OS (LION) which is being released next summer. Could be worthwhile hanging on until then. To be honest, unless there's a specific element of Snow Leopard that you're going to get value from, then stick with Tiger.

I just read about the new OS Lion, and they've also now updated iLife as well. So I guess that makes my decision easier, I'll wait! smile.gif

I meant Snow Leopard.

I ordered it online from Thailand Apple and they are sending it from Singapore! If I had known that I would have taken my lazy *** down to Junkceylon and bought it there, although I don't really like them either and got over charged for a power/adapter (the thing to give power to the notebook) for my notebook that came with a Malaysian plug! :whistling: I was told to buy a different power strip. I then had to order the little white piece that comes out for like $3 from ebay hong kong. (or use the long power cord that luckily I still had)

And now that I found the Mac Thailand store I see it is much cheaper!!!!!!! by about 1000 baht I think.

Wonder if you order from the Apple Store in Thailand online (official one) and they ship from Sing if you get screwed by customs?

IN the end I am happy not to support retailers that piss me off and have unfair practices. and am happy to drive as little as possible.

Thanks for all the replies!

hi all

very new to here like 5 minutes ago

i was just looking up issues with the dtac aircard as it was i think my aircard you are talking about,i just wanted to say i didnt purchase the aircard from there but i was checking to make sure it wasnt my macbook pro with the trouble,nd im new to mac from 15yrs of microsoft.As it happens the guy did spend an hour messing with it trying to do the same as i had tried but with the same outcome as me but when tried in a pc it was fine and on another mac it was fine and strangely when i then put it back in mine after it had been on 2 other computers it was ok aswell,,,,,now wait

when i got back home i put it in again and up came the same problems so i uninstalled it again and deleted all files (very important) then started again for the third time well it worked perfect for 2 hours,then i shut it down and went out out.....an hour ago came back and started the game again.

this seems to be high maintenance,any ideas please,it seems to be running the latest software and i cant really ask for a refund as its working on everything else,well for the 5 minutes that its been tested.

any info will be helpful

thanks andy