How Often Can A Landlord Visit His Apartment?

Hi,

my 4 friends and I rented an apartment on Koh Samui and we would like to know how often the landlord can visit his apartment? In Germany it's this way that he has to announce it at least 24 hours before he would like to see it.

He also said that there were several complainings of other guys who live in the same house and if that happens again we have to move out. But we get along very good with each of our neighbours we guess that he want's just to kick us out because our apartment was pretty dirty after 10 days without a maid because each of us is used to have a maid so nobody was cleaning etc. but we were not able to hire one but now we have one.

Is it easy for a landlord in Thailand to kick his tenants out?

Thank you.

Hektor

I would start packing my friend. If even you admit the place was a mess then it really was a sh@thole. If all of you are so used to having a maid then can you explain just why you didn't pay somebody to clean ?

So cheap and so available

This isn't Germany and believe me if the landlord says you are gone, you are gone!

I would start packing my friend. If even you admit the place was a mess then it really was a sh@thole. If all of you are so used to having a maid then can you explain just why you didn't pay somebody to clean ?

So cheap and so available

This isn't Germany and believe me if the landlord says you are gone, you are gone!

Absolutely correct. If he tells you to go, and the place is dirty you will lose your deposit (any excuse is good enough to keep the deposit). Even if you have a well written rental agreement you would spend too much money to justify fighting an evistion.

If it was your apartment and you had tenants who let the place get filthy you would not be happy either.

Edited by BWPattaya

each of us works and as I said we were here for 10 days only. We already tried to hire a maid for example we told the real estate agent that we need one and she said "yeah no problem I've a good one for you" but the she didn't answer again.

We also saw an ad at Tesco and I wrote down the number but somebody stole my mobile. That's just unlucky.

But I don't have to explain u anything. I just want to know how difficult it is for the landlord to kick us out.

@BWPattaya: That's correct I wouldn't he happy but I wouldn't kick out the tenants without any advance warning just because it's dirty. I mean everything was completly clean in not more than 2 hours and we didn't damage anything.

Edited by Ahriman

each of us works and as I said we were here for 10 days only. We already tried to hire a maid for example we told the real estate agent that we need one and she said "yeah no problem I've a good one for you" but the she didn't answer again..

Yes, I know it can be difficult to find a cleaning maid who cleans well and can be trusted as well. As an owner of a few condo units, I engaged my own cleaning lady and package the cleaning into the lease agreement. Thus, my tenants would not face such a problem as yours.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/406886-owner-vacating-2-bedroom-condo-unit-looking-for-caring-tenant/page__pid__3954597#entry3954597

each of us works and as I said we were here for 10 days only. We already tried to hire a maid for example we told the real estate agent that we need one and she said "yeah no problem I've a good one for you" but the she didn't answer again.

We also saw an ad at Tesco and I wrote down the number but somebody stole my mobile. That's just unlucky.

But I don't have to explain u anything. I just want to know how difficult it is for the landlord to kick us out.

@BWPattaya: That's correct I wouldn't he happy but I wouldn't kick out the tenants without any advance warning just because it's dirty. I mean everything was completly clean in not more than 2 hours and we didn't damage anything.

If the rental agreement grants landlord access to property, the landlord can kick you out any minute by changing the locks. If you have any prepayed rent, you might get it back if everything looks ok after you have been kicked out