Vehicle Transfer

Deez

And I seem to remember a posting in the last month or so where someone said they made such a transaction and the buyer never bothered to re-register the vehicle. I do not think Chiangmai (Thailand) has the system set up where you can notify them you no longer own it and then the onus is on the new owner to register it.

I do not think I would want to risk being in such a situation where who knows what might happen and an abandoned vehicle is traced back to me as the current owner.

If your a farang the new buyer will need a copy of your passport and all relevant pages and a certificate of residency from immigration or the consulate or the LTD will not do a transfer.

Never been the case with all the cars and trucks that I have bought and sold. Just the signed transfer paper and a copy of my licence. The last Hi-Lux I bought was from a farang that was leaving Thailand, and all I had was a copy of his Thai licence, and the signed transfer form and registration book. They might have seen you coming, and were having an off day!!

If your a farang the new buyer will need a copy of your passport and all relevant pages and a certificate of residency from immigration or the consulate or the LTD will not do a transfer.

Never been the case with all the cars and trucks that I have bought and sold. Just the signed transfer paper and a copy of my licence. The last Hi-Lux I bought was from a farang that was leaving Thailand, and all I had was a copy of his Thai licence, and the signed transfer form and registration book. They might have seen you coming, and were having an off day!!

TIT, you were lucky.

TIT, you were lucky.

Au contraire, I would say that you have been unlucky. never known anybody to require more than that, with the exception of a new purchase, where a passport is asked for.

Just goes to show that there can be two sides to a coin. Everyone I know on a car or bike, new or used has been required to show passport and letter on buying or transfer. As I said TIT.

Just goes to show that there can be two sides to a coin. Everyone I know on a car or bike, new or used has been required to show passport and letter on buying or transfer. As I said TIT.

Rather pointless bashing my head against a brick wall here.......................

Rather pointless bashing my head against a brick wall here.......................

Only if you like pain.:lol:

I'm with Got Lost, always required a passport and either Certificate of Residence or work permit or that book with your name in for the house (don't know the name!).

I bought off a guy once who's non immigrant visa had expired. He needed to show proof he was a resident here. Was a nightmare.

I'm with Got Lost, always required a passport and either Certificate of Residence or work permit or that book with your name in for the house (don't know the name!).

I bought off a guy once who's non immigrant visa had expired. He needed to show proof he was a resident here. Was a nightmare.

Yes. I have a yellow house book, Ta Bien Baan. I for go the letter but give a copy of my book.