Phuket

shantimurti

Meter taxi will be around 450 Baht including surcharge. Airport limousine (Camry) to Patong is I think 550 or 600 baht these days.

Hotel taxi's are always more expensive, 700 baht is cheap for a hotel transfer service.

Meter taxi will be around 450 Baht including surcharge. Airport limousine (Camry) to Patong is I think 550 or 600 baht these days.

Hotel taxi's are always more expensive, 700 baht is cheap for a hotel transfer service.

I think your rates are a little out of date.

I flew to Phuket last week. The current Airport Limo rate for both operators is now 650 baht (it was 550 then 600 the last 2 times I went last NYs & then in May). This after being 500 baht for the previous few years Back in 03/04 it was 400. It is one example of how Phuket is pricing itself out of the market for some.

Upon checking at the meter counter (to the right after exit), I was informed that the meter taxi was be around 450- baht to Patong but then you need to add in the 100 baht airport surcharge. (Not sure why it is 100 baht when it is 50 baht at most other domestic airports)

One of the problems with using hotel 'taxis' is that many of the smaller/medium size hotels use private vehicles which are not registered as taxis in Phuket Province and that may have insurance implications in the event of a problem or an accident. Larger hotels tend to have their own vehicles. Check with your hotel if you do book.

There is also an airport van option is your not fussy for 180 or 200 baht.

Taking a cab from hotel would cost you more as they will add their own charges along with it. What you can do is confirm the price when you book for a cab outside the hotel. It would certainly cost you 50-100 bahts lesser. You may also select an option of renting a car to make your trip more comfortable.

The current Airport Limo rate for both operators is now 650 baht (it was 550 then 600 the last 2 times I went last NYs & then in May). This after being 500 baht for the previous few years Back in 03/04 it was 400. It is one example of how Phuket is pricing itself out of the market for some.

Is that buying a ticket over the counter inside the airport terminal? If so then the price have been topped up very recently!

I came in 3 weeks ago and it was still 500 for the "normal size" and 600 for the Toyota Camry.

from airport at the taxi service its 550 baht.right after you exit international or if u exit domestic turn left.

Or walk out ot the road and grab a meter for 450.

as far as taking the bus, the bus to phuket town and then another bus to Patong will add 2+ hours to your travel time and a real hassle if u have luguage.

Most taxis in patong will try and get 600 out of ya to the airport going back

I think your rates are a little out of date.

I flew to Phuket last week. The current Airport Limo rate for both operators is now 650 baht (it was 550 then 600 the last 2 times I went last NYs & then in May). This after being 500 baht for the previous few years Back in 03/04 it was 400. It is one example of how Phuket is pricing itself out of the market for some.

Upon checking at the meter counter (to the right after exit), I was informed that the meter taxi was be around 450- baht to Patong but then you need to add in the 100 baht airport surcharge. (Not sure why it is 100 baht when it is 50 baht at most other domestic airports)

One of the problems with using hotel 'taxis' is that many of the smaller/medium size hotels use private vehicles which are not registered as taxis in Phuket Province and that may have insurance implications in the event of a problem or an accident. Larger hotels tend to have their own vehicles. Check with your hotel if you do book.

There is also an airport van option is your not fussy for 180 or 200 baht.

That is the latest information I have from my guests. Are you also talking about from airport to Patong?

About the 100 baht meter taxi surcharge: ask the AOT, they are a big part of the problem by milking out the taxi operators, thereby contributing to the high taxi prices from the airport, and they are the ones asking 100 baht at Phuket airport.

• 2 weeks later...

3 Months ago I turned right inside the lobby and take the next exit outside (That misses most of the taxi touts) turn right and you will see the meter taxi office with yellow / green taxis outside, they asked for 500, I offered 400 we agreed on 450. The meter was running and when I arrived half way along Nanai Rd, Patong it showed 328 if you then added the 100 airport charge then 450 is very fair, courteous drivers and the 500 baht note covers his tip if you so wish.

3 Months ago I turned right inside the lobby and take the next exit outside (That misses most of the taxi touts) turn right and you will see the meter taxi office with yellow / green taxis outside, they asked for 500, I offered 400 we agreed on 450. The meter was running and when I arrived half way along Nanai Rd, Patong it showed 328 if you then added the 100 airport charge then 450 is very fair, courteous drivers and the 500 baht note covers his tip if you so wish.

It is a meter taxi, so do not agree on a price but pay what is on the meter, plus 100 baht airport surcharge.