Uk Lottery

Patronus

Received this email today:-

Please note that from 13th December 2010 we will be making some changes to our Terms and Conditions and Rules.

Summary of upcoming changes:

As well as being a UK or Isle of Man resident, to play National Lottery games online or by text you must be physically located in the UK or Isle of Man when buying a ticket.

If you play by Direct Debit, you must be physically located in the UK or Isle of Man when setting up your Direct Debit Account and also when making amendments to it, including buying additional tickets, or changing your numbers or payment details. As long as you only make these changes while you are physically located in the UK or Isle of Man, your tickets will be valid if you travel overseas.

If you do not meet these requirements, any ticket purchases you make will be invalid and no prizes paid, and we will have the right to reclaim any prizes already paid under these circumstances.

This has been brewing for a while, there's a thread from last year about playing the lottery whilst outside the UK.

Now they've made it totally clear.

Mum and Dad buy my tickets, I trust them to give me the cash when I win millions :)

Mum and Dad buy my tickets, I trust them to give me the cash when I win millions :)

Same here, but don't have them collect the cash and then transfer to you as capital gains will come into play. Have em hold the ticket, fly back and pick up yourself... not telling Camelot you don't live there of course.

I got that too. I think a while back it was the Lottery that told me, as we know your not in the UK you cannot blah blah. In other words they knew my PC was not in the UK. :unsure:

Yup, piece of cake from your IP address and they know all the common proxies too :(

Same here, but don't have them collect the cash and then transfer to you as capital gains will come into play. Have em hold the ticket, fly back and pick up yourself... not telling Camelot you don't live there of course.

I also do a rolling direct debit - linked to my UK address and bank account.

Sound advice. I look forward to dealing with that particular problem of collecting a large win sometime in the future :)