Off Shore Banking ?

Ditto.

Switched to Standard Bank myself when HSBC inroduced the 25 GBP monthly fees, you can get a cheque book from them but no credit card. Best keep your existing CC.

I was amazed last week though when I received my renewed HSBC CC through the post here in Thailand. They had previously refused to send it by post and would only send to a UK address. More amazing was I didn't have any problems validating it by 'phone, although I have yet to try to use it.

Odd, HSBC UK sends my new credit cards to my home address in Thailand without a problem - also, it's easy to validate the credit cards on-line.

2 years ago when I received my last renewed HSBC CC they refused to send by post to Thailand and would only send to a UK address. I had them sent to my HSBC bank branch and they sent them to me by DHL.

Either they've changed their policy or figured as now I don't have a HSBC account there'll be no UK address to send it to.

Don't you need to have an account with HSBC to validate online?

Edit: seems like there's a possibility to register for internet banking using the CC number. I'll try that out when I get home tonight as I now have no access to my CC statements through my old account.

Didn't work as the next step after entering the CC number is to enter the security code which I don't have.