Starting Chillies

nellyp

hi all, the wife is just about to start planting chillies. I am after a bit of info on this. I would like to know what spacings I should have between seeds/plants and yields per plant. I am only after rough averages as I don't know the variety yet. If people could tell me what they variety they plant, and if possible spacings, and yield per plant. i am based in sisaket and only doing this as a trial with a view to larger crops later. my wife is planning on 1000 plants. I am also trying to establish whether to to plant seeds direct to spacings to grow seedlings then plant out or seed then thin later.

Any and all advice will be appreciated.

Neil

Will be asking the same questions later about watermelon ( have some info but need more, yeild per rai etc)

Hello nellyp, what kind of chili? I you go to most of the large seed sellers sites in the west,

the give amounts for direct seeding and for growing for transplants, it also will give between

row and between plants.

You say 1,000 plants, 10% extra starts is a good rule of thumb for growing transplants.

rice555

Hello nellyp, what kind of chili? I you go to most of the large seed sellers sites in the west,

the give amounts for direct seeding and for growing for transplants, it also will give between

row and between plants.

You say 1,000 plants, 10% extra starts is a good rule of thumb for growing transplants.

rice555

Apparently my missus is well ahead of me. her brother has already grown the chillies from seeds to seedlings so i have no idea of type though I believe it is something like Jing da. I think he kows what he is doing anyway but I like to check as he could be under producing by planting to close etc, and I want to maximise yield.

cheers

for the reply

Neil