Parking In Suvarnabhumi

I'm planning for a weeklong trip abroad and I'd like to park my car near the airport terminal for a week. I checked the airport's official website and saw it costs B250/day which is B3.5k for a week! I there any cheaper parking alternatives near the terminal?

Also, In my recent visit to the airport, I noticed they weren't charging anybody for parking in main parking area. Is it temporary? If so, till when? And since it is free for the time being, would it be okay for me to park there for a week? Thanks.

I slept one night in Ivory Suvann. Hotel and I took my 10 days holiday in Bali leaving the car in the covered parking of the hotel, for free. (come back and left a 1.000 Baht Tip!)

P.S.:

If the Airport parking is 250 Baht a day, one week should be 1.750 Baht and not 3.5k.

Edited by angiud

Break-even between driving to the airport and parking in short stay vs. using a taxi used to be about 4 days for me. Until last time I left the car in short term some kind person shunted it. Cost 15k for a new door plus a couple of other bent bits.

Taxi every time now :)

It's also worth considering if you really want to drive immediately after getting off a fairly long flight, I tend to doze in the taxi (with periodic checks that he's not heading for Chiang Mai).

Break-even between driving to the airport and parking in short stay vs. using a taxi used to be about 4 days for me. Until last time I left the car in short term some kind person shunted it. Cost 15k for a new door plus a couple of other bent bits.

Taxi every time now :)

It's also worth considering if you really want to drive immediately after getting off a fairly long flight, I tend to doze in the taxi (with periodic checks that he's not heading for Chiang Mai).

The long term car park with a free shuttle costs 120 baht per 24 hours, I just used it, google airport parking fees BKK . This is very cheap compared to many airports.