Food Poisoning, Again.

Richb2004v2

Here is the advice given to me by a Pharmacist mate of mine many years ago prior to my international O&G career in some of the worlds best "tourist spots" and IMHO it has stood the test of 20 years..gippo guts, Bombay belly etc etc

Every where I go I carry 20 charcoal tablets and 1 strip of antibiotics

For Adults

At the the onset....2 X charcoal tablets every 4 hours, for a period of around 12-24 hours, if no improvement, then almost 100% its food posioning, then start on 500mg antiboitics, 1 a day along with the charcoal, if this doesnt clear it about 36 hours.....then hospital.

Biggest danger with gippo guts is dehydration, so as much water/rehydrate you can get down your neck, as an alternative to rehydrate solution, Water/sugar/salt solution

DO NOT take Immodium

For children.....Wouldnt have thought charcoal wouldnt be problem, but would not be giving children antiboitics without a doctors advice, obviously as much water as you can get down them

Most transmission is because people are not washing their hands after number 1's and 2's and not bad food per se

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My worst dose was from a beer garden in Pattaya.

How to avoid, buy fresh and cook yourself, the old rule is peel it, wash it, cook it, if any of these things can be done you should be ok.

On treatment, ride the horse for a day, dry toast, plenty of fluids and let it pass through your system, the over prescription of antibiotics when not needed is what will kill us all in then end, it just gives the viruses the opportuinty to develop resistance, save antibiotics until you are on deaths door and really need them, do yourself and the worlds population a favour.

the over prescription of antibiotics when not needed is what will kill us all in then end, it just gives the viruses the opportuinty to develop resistance, save antibiotics until you are on deaths door and really need them, do yourself and the worlds population a favour.

You are so right Dr Kildare, especially as taking antibiotics for a Viral infection does absolutely f*kc all......antibiotics are indicated for bacterial infections...:whistling:

My worst dose was from a beer garden in Pattaya.

How to avoid, buy fresh and cook yourself, the old rule is peel it, wash it, cook it, if any of these things can be done you should be ok.

On treatment, ride the horse for a day, dry toast, plenty of fluids and let it pass through your system, the over prescription of antibiotics when not needed is what will kill us all in then end, it just gives the viruses the opportuinty to develop resistance, save antibiotics until you are on deaths door and really need them, do yourself and the worlds population a favour.

Spot on....

^That's what he's saying, good on you for catching on..So the Dr. Kildare comment is uncalled for..

As most of these infections are not bacterial in nature...

Edited by WarpSpeed

the over prescription of antibiotics when not needed is what will kill us all in then end, it just gives the viruses the opportuinty to develop resistance, save antibiotics until you are on deaths door and really need them, do yourself and the worlds population a favour.

You are so right Dr Kildare, especially as taking antibiotics for a Viral infection does absolutely f*kc all......antibiotics are indicated for bacterial infections...:whistling:

Read what I wrote again.......stop...... have a think and then make a comment.

Of course they are used to treat secondary infections caused by the virus.

Not antibiotics right away, most food born illnesses are viruses and taking antibiotics could exacerbate your illness as it kills off all bacteria in your digestive system indiscriminately good or bad, some of which will be fighting off your virus infection

Pardon my french, but please walk up to any streetfood stall or why not any restaurant in Bangkok or any other large city in Thailand and make a short hygien inspection; if you still believe that bacterial infection isn't the most common form of foodborne illness in Thailand you probably haven't been here.

There's a reason the most common form of Antibiotics sold and prescribed in this country is Norfloxacin.

I agree with previous posters: as soon as you get the first symptoms of food poisoning, especially if they occur 4-6 after eating (most people have learned to identify this sooner than 4 hours) take an antobiotic, in most cases you are up and running again after 6 hours. I never eat charcoal.

I have had over 10 food poisoning in thailand

Lately i stopped using the fresh market, thai stands(only eat soup on street), cheap thai restaurants (only eat at the huge ones with A/C and loads of people at night getting drunk)

My first 3 and a half months without getting food poisoning.

Western restaurants and homemade thai food with imported vegetables or organic vegetables from villa market or central = the only way.

Not antibiotics right away, most food born illnesses are viruses and taking antibiotics could exacerbate your illness as it kills off all bacteria in your digestive system indiscriminately good or bad, some of which will be fighting off your virus infection

Pardon my french, but please walk up to any streetfood stall or why not any restaurant in Bangkok or any other large city in Thailand and make a short hygien inspection; if you still believe that bacterial infection isn't the most common form of foodborne illness in Thailand you probably haven't been here.

There's a reason the most common form of Antibiotics sold and prescribed in this country is Norfloxacin.

I agree with previous posters: as soon as you get the first symptoms of food poisoning, especially if they occur 4-6 after eating (most people have learned to identify this sooner than 4 hours) take an antobiotic, in most cases you are up and running again after 6 hours. I never eat charcoal.

Excuse me I live in Thailand and have for more then 7 years nor did I just fall off the turnip truck. But the only thing you said that was correct is that there is a ton of bacterial potential in the street food stalls along with MORE COMMON viruses so the question that stands out is who would be ignorant enough to put themselves into obvious harms way by eating such food and then complain about it?

I've only been sick with a suspected food born illness once in my 7 years here and that's because mostly we don't eat anything that we don't cook and throughly clean ourselves or at minimum when we do we take all precautions possible to make certain that it has recently been cooked or reheated properly and we NEVER eat fruits from those stands as that is one of the most common ways these illnesses are transmitted, dirty hands not bad fruit or meat, etc. the proper term is cross-contamination..

You're silly if you think a laymen or even a qualified physician for that matter can unequivocally identify any such illness in less time then 4 hours as the symptoms are virtually identical regardless of bacterial or viral until days later not hours and you should refrain from giving medical advice as it's based on ignorance not facts..

Edited by WarpSpeed

you should refrain from giving medical advice as it's based on ignorance not facts..

Contrary, YOU are the one who are giving advice based on what is seemingly made up and completely incorrect. You obviously have NO clue what you are talking about.

It is 2010, we have access to internet. If you dont have a freaking clue what you're talking about is it too much to ask that you freaking use GOOGLE??? Stop posting incorrect information, check the statistics first before you're making more incorrect statements.

Jeeezuz., what an utter loser....

Edited by Forethat

Ok so I took your advice and did a google search "food poisoning treatment" I looked at the first ten listings and all seemed to have pretty much the same advice, hydrate, try to eat, if symptoms persist see a doctor, the advice above to step straight into a course of antibiotics is irresponsible, as I said before the oversupply of antibiotics to patients who feel the doctor has not done his job unless they walk away with tablets is what is going to kill us al in the end, this a serious problem that is only perpetuated by silly people that encourage others to take antibiotics when they are not needed.

Man up have a cup of concrete, ride the horse, poop, vomit, sweat.....rehydrate, eat and it will be out your system lickty split, if not ...... then go see a doctor, think of the positives you get a good clean out and may lose a few kilo's something we all need on occasion.

The first link is an ACP article on antibiotic resistance.

http://www.acponline.org/patients_families/diseases_conditions/antibiotic_resistance/

The most common symptoms of food poisoning include diarrhea, watery stools, abdominal cramps, nausea, vomiting, and fever. Most food poisoning symptoms are mild, however, and can safely be treated at home.

• Salmonella. Food poisoning caused by Salmonella bacteria gives victims flu-like symptoms for as long as a week.
    Botulism. The first symptoms appear abruptly, usually 18 to 48 hours after the food was eaten. These symptoms include nausea,
dry mouth, vomiting, abdominal pain and blurring of vision. The toxin has a paralyzing effect on the nervous system; it prevents the nerves from conducting messages from the brain. Control of the muscles is lost, beginning with those around the face and neck. Loss of the ability to swallow makes it impossible to eat. It leads to choking and may introduce foreign materials into the lungs. The victim usually dies within several days.
If medical aid is quickly obtained and the correct diagnosis rapidly made, death can be avoided. A serum may be injected which is sometimes able to neutralize a portion of the toxin and limit further paralysis. This serum cannot help the nerves that are already damaged. The speed with which symptoms appear depends largely on the amount of toxin-containing food that is eaten.
Staphylococcal food poisoning. This type of food poisoning is associated with abdominal cramps, fever, vomiting and diarrhea. It appears about 6 hours after eating food contaminated with an enterotoxin formed by the staph bacteria. Dairy products, pastries and fish are common foods harboring this organism.

Treatment of Food Poisoning

The most common treatment for simple <A class=cssEncyLink href="http://www.healthscout.com/ency/68/676/main.html">food poisoning is simply supportive care at home with clear liquids to stay hydrated, and after vomiting or diarrhea subside, the gradual return to eating beginning with a bland diet (such as rice, bread, potatoes and milk). The doctor should be consultedalled if the person has nausea, vomiting or diarrhea that lasts more than 2 days, a fever, dizziness or unconsciousness, or if the symptoms are occurring after recent travel to foreign countries, or if people who ate the same thing are also ill. A visit to the hospital should be made if the person experiences vomiting blood, a swollen abdomen, problems breathing, swollen joints, yellow eyes or skin, or sharp abdominal pain that lasts more than 15 minutes.

Ok so I took your advice and did a google search "food poisoning treatment" I looked at the first ten listings and all seemed to have pretty much the same advice, hydrate, try to eat, if symptoms persist see a doctor, the advice above to step straight into a course of antibiotics is irresponsible, as I said before the oversupply of antibiotics to patients who feel the doctor has not done his job unless they walk away with tablets is what is going to kill us al in the end, this a serious problem that is only perpetuated by silly people that encourage others to take antibiotics when they are not needed.

Man up have a cup of concrete, ride the horse, poop, vomit, sweat.....rehydrate, eat and it will be out your system lickty split, if not ...... then go see a doctor, think of the positives you get a good clean out and may lose a few kilo's something we all need on occasion.

http://www.acponline...tic_resistance/

The most common symptoms of food poisoning include diarrhea, watery stools, abdominal cramps, nausea, vomiting, and fever. Most food poisoning symptoms are mild, however, and can safely be treated at home.

• Salmonella. Food poisoning caused by Salmonella bacteria gives victims flu-like symptoms for as long as a week.
    Botulism. The first symptoms appear abruptly, usually 18 to 48 hours after the food was eaten. These symptoms include nausea,
dry mouth, vomiting, abdominal pain and blurring of vision. The toxin has a paralyzing effect on the nervous system; it prevents the nerves from conducting messages from the brain. Control of the muscles is lost, beginning with those around the face and neck. Loss of the ability to swallow makes it impossible to eat. It leads to choking and may introduce foreign materials into the lungs. The victim usually dies within several days.
If medical aid is quickly obtained and the correct diagnosis rapidly made, death can be avoided. A serum may be injected which is sometimes able to neutralize a portion of the toxin and limit further paralysis. This serum cannot help the nerves that are already damaged. The speed with which symptoms appear depends largely on the amount of toxin-containing food that is eaten.
Staphylococcal food poisoning. This type of food poisoning is associated with abdominal cramps, fever, vomiting and diarrhea. It appears about 6 hours after eating food contaminated with an enterotoxin formed by the staph bacteria. Dairy products, pastries and fish are common foods harboring this organism.

The most common treatment for simple <A class=cssEncyLink href="http://www.healthscout.com/ency/68/676/main.html">food poisoning is simply supportive care at home with clear liquids to stay hydrated, and after vomiting or diarrhea subside, the gradual return to eating beginning with a bland diet (such as rice, bread, potatoes and milk). The doctor should be consultedalled if the person has nausea, vomiting or diarrhea that lasts more than 2 days, a fever, dizziness or unconsciousness, or if the symptoms are occurring after recent travel to foreign countries, or if people who ate the same thing are also ill. A visit to the hospital should be made if the person experiences vomiting blood, a swollen abdomen, problems breathing, swollen joints, yellow eyes or skin, or sharp abdominal pain that lasts more than 15 minutes.

Did you find any stats regarding the most common cause of food poisoning? Remember the one you claimed was caused by a viral infection, and surprisingly enough; that was what I commented on, easily noticed by the fact that I actually quoted you on that and nothing else.

So in conclusion; you don’t read other peoples posts, you put words in their mouths, you post incorrect and made up information and on top of everything you have the nerve to patronize others for giving the same type of advice YOU did with the only difference that my advice was different than yours? You are some piece of work... Please note that I only pointed out that your information was wrong, viral infections are NOT the most common cause of foodborne illness in Thailand.

I am sure most persons who read this forum are asking for an advice base on experience, you gave yours (even though you didn't have much...) and I gave mine. For all I know, you can advise people to shove a vacuum cleaner up their arse and suck out the crap, I couldn't care less. If you happen to eat something in this country and end up on the shitter after a couple of hours, my advice is to start an Antibiotic treatment at that point. If an expert opinion is required most of us go to the doctor.

PS.

For your information, the most common cause for food poisoning in Thailand are campylobacter and e-Coli (in case you didn't know, that translates to excrement, poo, shit or whatever you want to call it)

Ive been ill twice in 5 years in Thailand although the most memorable happened just after boarding for my flight back to the UK............... I guess the toilet cleaners at Dubai were in for quite a shock as it was coming out of both ends at an alarming rate:sick: .........................needless to say the Emirates crew on board couldnt care less.

Well it seems my wife got some of this a few nights ago whilst I am away from home.

She was handed a fish caught by her oldest sister in the rice field.

Se cooked the fish at our home in the evening and went to bed.

Woke up with heavy abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhoea around 1am, at 2 called her parents in the village, at 3parents decided to call an ambulance to get to the nearest hospital.

She was given some injection and a lot of pills, I have no clue what medication was given.

She is not a pussy, knows about food poisonning, knows how to cook safely, scrubs ustensils, is maniac even in all concerned with cleanness.

I had a severe food poisoning after eating some thai noodles from a nearby food stall which she bought for me at 14.00. She now knows that lady cooks her food the night before and then the food is waiting for customers during the day under a thatched roof, at 30-35C , wow...I am no longer allowed to buy food from these places/markets where you see luke warm food waiting to be bagged and taken away. She still occasionally buys street food and sometimes gets poisoning with the usual symptoms , but this time it was extremely painful.

>A visit to the hospital should be made if the person experiences vomiting blood, a swollen abdomen, problems breathing, swollen joints, yellow eyes or skin, or sharp abdominal pain that lasts more than 15 minutes.>

I am glad she or parents decided to get to a hospital.

I had a severe food poisoning after eating some thai noodles from a nearby food stall which she bought for me at 14.00. She now knows that lady cooks her food the night before and then the food is waiting for customers during the day under a thatched roof, at 30-35C , wow...I am no longer allowed to buy food from these places/markets where you see luke warm food waiting to be bagged and taken away.

This is the reason I generally only buy food which I believe to be freshly cooked or properly stored after being cooked in the restaurants.

Of course I have no idea what goes on inside most restaurants but I have been lucky so far.

I went over to Rio for a week last October and I had no problems until one day we went to the expensive and exclusive Brazilian buffet / BBQ style restaurant, one of the Porcao restaurants. I threw up when I returned to my hotel room that night which is very strange for me, something made my stomach feel uneasy and the few beers I had after the meal beer didn't go down so well, it was like they were stuck.

The point I'm making is that even at the most exclusive of restaurants as in the above case there is no way to guarantee you don't come down with something. One of the other guys was very sick for several days after eating at this place, he wasn't sick before the next morning though, maybe I Was lucky. We both ate some of the Salmon, nobody else ate the salmon and it's sauce and they were all ok.

you should refrain from giving medical advice as it's based on ignorance not facts..

Contrary, YOU are the one who are giving advice based on what is seemingly made up and completely incorrect. You obviously have NO clue what you are talking about.

It is 2010, we have access to internet. If you dont have a freaking clue what you're talking about is it too much to ask that you freaking use GOOGLE??? Stop posting incorrect information, check the statistics first before you're making more incorrect statements.

Jeeezuz., what an utter loser....

That's right!! We have Internet, so before posting another simpleton answer you'd do yourself well to consult it!!! :rolleyes: And not the Norafloxin advert page either :whistling: ...

Edited by WarpSpeed

http://www.acponline.org/patients_families/diseases_conditions/antibiotic_resistance/

Cha Ching!!! :whistling:

http://www.acponline...tic_resistance/

Did you find any stats regarding the most common cause of food poisoning? Remember the one you claimed was caused by a viral infection, and surprisingly enough; that was what I commented on, easily noticed by the fact that I actually quoted you on that and nothing else.

So in conclusion; you don’t read other peoples posts, you put words in their mouths, you post incorrect and made up information and on top of everything you have the nerve to patronize others for giving the same type of advice YOU did with the only difference that my advice was different than yours? You are some piece of work... Please note that I only pointed out that your information was wrong, viral infections are NOT the most common cause of foodborne illness in Thailand.

I am sure most persons who read this forum are asking for an advice base on experience, you gave yours (even though you didn't have much...) and I gave mine. For all I know, you can advise people to shove a vacuum cleaner up their arse and suck out the crap, I couldn't care less. If you happen to eat something in this country and end up on the shitter after a couple of hours, my advice is to start an Antibiotic treatment at that point. If an expert opinion is required most of us go to the doctor.

PS.

For your information, the most common cause for food poisoning in Thailand are campylobacter and e-Coli (in case you didn't know, that translates to excrement, poo, shit or whatever you want to call it)

Yeah and in almost 8 years here the only such illness my family has contracted was a virus :whistling: ...Go figure, with so much of those others flying around :rolleyes: ??

You can dispense with the degrading name calling now too it just serves to display your loss of the debate when you seek to stoop to such childish levels..

It's pertinent to note that the experience you list comes from your not being cautious enough nor well enough informed to avoid getting these illnesses in the first place so that isn't what would be termed as a stellar argument with which to make your point :blink: ..

Well it seems my wife got some of this a few nights ago whilst I am away from home.

She was handed a fish caught by her oldest sister in the rice field.

Se cooked the fish at our home in the evening and went to bed.

Woke up with heavy abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhoea around 1am, at 2 called her parents in the village, at 3parents decided to call an ambulance to get to the nearest hospital.

She was given some injection and a lot of pills, I have no clue what medication was given.

She is not a pussy, knows about food poisonning, knows how to cook safely, scrubs ustensils, is maniac even in all concerned with cleanness.

I had a severe food poisoning after eating some thai noodles from a nearby food stall which she bought for me at 14.00. She now knows that lady cooks her food the night before and then the food is waiting for customers during the day under a thatched roof, at 30-35C , wow...I am no longer allowed to buy food from these places/markets where you see luke warm food waiting to be bagged and taken away. She still occasionally buys street food and sometimes gets poisoning with the usual symptoms , but this time it was extremely painful.

>A visit to the hospital should be made if the person experiences vomiting blood, a swollen abdomen, problems breathing, swollen joints, yellow eyes or skin, or sharp abdominal pain that lasts more than 15 minutes.>

I am glad she or parents decided to get to a hospital.

Curious, you said she went home and cooked it? In that case highly unlikely it was the fish that got her sick, if it was cooked thoroughly neither bacteria nor viruses can withstand that amount of heat, it must have been something she had along with it? Rice that had been sitting for some time maybe? But highly unlikely it was the fish unless it may have been tainted with a chemical instead possibly?

Edited by WarpSpeed

So in conclusion; you don't read other peoples posts, you put words in their mouths, you post incorrect and made up information and on top of everything you have the nerve to patronize others for giving the same type of advice YOU did with the only difference that my advice was different than yours? You are some piece of work... Please note that I only pointed out that your information was wrong, viral infections are NOT the most common cause of foodborne illness in Thailand.

PS.

I don't think I took what you said out of context or minipulated your words in any way.

I can't find any data on Thailand specific food poisoning, but you must have some as you clearly state what causes the majority of food poisoning here, can you provide some hard data.

On the other hand I have provided a link and can provide hundreds more on the results on society of the over prescription of antibiotics.

You have provided medical advice which I am sure you are not qualified to do, I on the other hand quoted what seems to be the normal practice for treatment of food poisoning, hydrate, try to eat get it out of your system, if you are still ill after 24 hours see a Doctor, who is unlike you qualified to diagnose and treat illness.

Get a life...........

It's pertinent to note that the experience you list comes from your not being cautious enough nor well enough informed to avoid getting these illnesses in the first place so that isn't what would be termed as a stellar argument with which to make your point :blink: ..

It's obvious that english is not one of your better languages (or you simply didn't read my post). :lol:

That's right!! We have Internet, so before posting another simpleton answer you'd do yourself well to consult it!!! :rolleyes: And not the Norafloxin advert page either :whistling: ...

Ehh, that'll be http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norfloxacin you simply can’t stop making a fool out of yourself, can you...?

I wonder how you people function, do you simply ignore the fact that I actually write NORFLOXACIN or do you have some delusional feature that blocks out what other people write in favor of your own imagination...? I mean, if I write something in clear text, that cant be too hard to interpret, can it...?

I don't think I took what you said out of context or minipulated your words in any way.

You're kidding? I point out that you are utterly wrong when you claim that viral infections are the most common food born illness (I bet 1000 baht you'll never admit you made that up without having the slightest idea what you were talking about) and all of a sidden you are on about antibiotic resistans...?

I'm sure there's someone who's willing to debate antibiotics resistance, but that wasn't what the OP asked for, was it, and even if it was, why the he** are you dragging me in to that discussion? I'll tell you right now and right here, I dont give a flying fig about your antibiotics resistance, and if I did, I'd tell you it is NOT caused by a bunch of expats in Bangkok with their asses glued to the shitter because the street food they ate contained the residues of the chefs latest visit to the toilet.

Out of context? You're not even on the right planet.

I on the other hand quoted what seems to be the normal practice for treatment of food poisoning, hydrate, try to eat get it out of your system

I have never argued that you're not entitled to provide this advise. YOU, on the other hand, claim that we are not entitled to make decisions in an area where the rihght to decide has been provided to us BY LAW.

You think about that before making any other incorrect statements, they're beginning to pile up...

Edited by Forethat

It's obvious that english is not one of your better languages (or you simply didn't read my post). :lol:

Hysterical!!!! You don't do irony do you??? :cheesy: :cheesy: Yes clearly my English skills are lacking :cheesy: While yours are first rate :cheesy: ...

Edited by WarpSpeed

You're kidding? I point out that you are utterly wrong when you claim that viral infections are the most common food born illness (I bet 1000 baht you'll never admit you made that up without having the slightest idea what you were talking about) and all of a sidden you are on about antibiotic resistans...?

I'm sure there's someone who's willing to debate antibiotics resistance, but that wasn't what the OP asked for, was it, and even if it was, why the he** are you dragging me in to that discussion? I'll tell you right now and right here, I dont give a flying fig about your antibiotics resistance, and if I did, I'd tell you it is NOT caused by a bunch of expats in Bangkok with their asses glued to the shitter because the street food they ate contained the residues of the chefs latest visit to the toilet.

My English indeed..... :cheesy:

Hysterical!!!! You don't do irony do you??? :cheesy: :cheesy: Yes clearly my English skills are lacking :cheesy: While yours are first rate :cheesy: ...

It's either that or you're drunk. Take your pick.

The first barrier not to get sick when you eat is washing your hands before you eat.

The second barrier not to get sick when you eat is washing your hands before you eat.

The third barrier not to get sick when you eat is washing your hands before you eat.

When you eat at the food stall you never wash your hands and that's a big problem in a tropical country like Thailand so keep one of those little bottle of antibacterial soap in your pocket.

One of the biggest problem when your are sick in a tropical country is dehydration even if your are staying in a AC room, if you don't look at that you will feel more sick for a longer time. Every pharmacy in Thailand are selling little envelope to make electrolyte drink

Royal-D.jpg

Always have some of those electrolyte envelope on hand, they have a good shelf life, you can also use Sponsor or Gatorade. It should be the first gesture you make when you fell sick. (also very good to prevent the morning after effect when you have a rather over-alcoholic evening, just drink one before going to bed and one when you get up)

Never never take antibiotic by yourself, antibiotic is a treatment not something you take like a Aspirin. When you take antibiotic your are destroying the bad bacteria and the good one also and when you only take 1 or 2 tablets your are destroying the weakest bacteria and keep the strong one in your system, antibiotic should only be taken on medical supervision. Most of the time when you sick like that the cause is are noroviruses that give you a gastroenteritis and it's cause by a virus not a bacteria so if you take antibiotic for that you are destroying the good bacteria that will help get you healthy again.

Never been sick travelling for over 15 years in Thailand. I drink only bottle water, wash my hands before eating in a food stall, eat mostly Thai food and I stay away from buffet, those buffet are very popular (all you can eat buffet for a cheap price) and also very dangerous.

Edited by NamKAheng

My English indeed..... :cheesy:

If you intend to make this a spelling contest you may want to check your previous posts...personally I couldn't care less if you cant spell or not, I'm confident a majority of posters on here dont give a dam_n.

The issue - with your english, that is - is that you have failed completely to read (or maybe you simple ignore) my post where I claim that a majority of food born illness is NOT caused by viruses. Instead of simply admitting " YES, I made that up", people rant about resistance or whether someone is qualified to diagnose and prescribe. I'm not arguing or interested in debating any of these things.

So if you're still interested to debate the caus of food born illness, fire away

It's pertinent to note that the experience you list comes from your not being cautious enough nor well enough informed to avoid getting these illnesses in the first place

With references to your poor english' date=' it doesn't get any more rubbish than this.

For those of you interested in some REAL facts (that doesn't apply to Warpspeed and rick75) in this area here are some REAL numbers for you. You can wash your hands if you want to, and you can take ever action possible to prevent ending up on the shitter every now and then, but READ MY LIPS - IT'S IN THE FOOD, AND THE MICROORGANISM IN THIS CASE IS BACTERIA. OK!? And I don’t care if you think a rehydration therapy is the best way forward (I'm even sure a professional would advise you to go for that treatment), you can advise others to go for that one if you think that's what's best.

A study was conducted in Bangkok 2003. In this study, two hundred retail food samples were collected, 20 per week for 10 weeks, in 50 locations — 27 fresh markets and 23 supermarkets.

Salmonella spp., Campylobacter spp., or Arcobacter spp. were isolated from 140 of 200 samples (70%). The highest prevalence of Salmonella spp., Campylobacter spp., or A. butzleri isolates was in pork, with 46 (92%) of 50 samples yielding an isolate, followed by beef (45, 90%), chicken (41, 82%) and eggs (8, 16%).

If you eat something that contains beef, poultry or drink water, you have something in the region a 70% of being infected with a microorganism or a parasite. This cant be prevented by washing your hands or eating here or there. http://www.liebertonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1089/fpd.2006.0077

Another interesting report.

ftp://ftp.fao.org/docrep/fao/meeting/006/ad703e/ad703e00.pdf

What do you want to discuss now, my favorite color..?