Depressed Elderly Thai Woman Jumps To Her Death In Jomtien

Rimmer

Depressed Elderly Thai Woman Jumps to Her Death in Jomtien

PATTAYA: -- An elderly Thai woman is thought to have committed suicide by jumping from the 19th floor of a Jomtien condominium complex on Thursday.

Pattaya, the 21st of October 2010 [PDN]: At approximately 5:30pm on Thursday, Major Pratiphat Phoomlee (Dongtan Police Investigator) was notified of a suspected suicide at the View Talay 5 Condominiums off the Thappraya Road in Jomtien. A team of officers along with the Sawang Boriboon Foundation were dispatched to the incident.

Full story HERE

PATTAYA DAILY NEWS

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Who is the Farang "Volunteer" pointing at the body in the Newspaper article?

Don't know who he is or what his level of training is (it can't possibly be very high), but in the context of the article, he appears to be pointing out that:

Ms. Jirakanwisan was lying in a pool of blood and had suffered a severely fractured skull.

What a heartless "person" for want of a better word!

which is too kind for his grossly unprofessional conduct.

Edited by Buchholz

<snip>

Totally agree. Does he think just because he is in Thailand he has to do the finger pointing nonsense that we see in most pictures of the police with their captives.

What an absolute &lt;deleted&gt;.

<snip>

Totally agree. Does he think just because he is in Thailand he has to do the finger pointing nonsense that we see in most pictures of the police with their captives.

Why nobody has a comment on the next picture in the article where a Thai is making excactly the same gesture at excactly the same body?

^you do realize that perhaps he didnt realize the photo was being taken? :blink:

I presume this is a joke, brit?

Why nobody has a comment on the next picture in the article where a Thai is making excactly the same gesture at excactly the same body?

Because I couldn't make out what the picture was. And anyway, Thais are always pointing at dead bodies - that doesn't mean farangs can throw away years of (hopefully) good education and up-bringing and behave like disrespectful inconsiderate Thais.

I think the pointing is part of the report, since it is always done. He might have been told to point to the body. And what does it matter how much training he has had?

Gosh, it might have something to do with being able to save lives.

The unprofessional nature of his actions would indicate someone with minimal training and thus minimal ability to save lives. Improper training could also easily exacerbate a person's injuries to the point where he's a detriment to safe transportation and rendering of effective medical care in route. He could easily make a situation worse than need be. It also begs the question of his liability. If he does something improperly, will he be held responsible? Lastly, is he properly licensed and in full compliance with working legally in Thailand?

I have serious doubts that, whoever he is, is the case. :ermm:

Edited by Buchholz

I doesn't matter who he is.......he IS in Thailand, and he IS a volunteer with an organization we'd never like to engage.

Since he is IN Thailand and active in this field of work he hs to comply with the rules/habits/policies or whatever's necessary.

Pointing at victims, culprits, stash on the table or any other court-worthy matters is normal in THIS country.

So, please stop moaning and just hope that you'll never have to meet this guy....professionally!!

I think the pointing is part of the report, since it is always done. He might have been told to point to the body. And what does it matter how much training he has had?

Gosh, it might have something to do with being able to save lives.

The unprofessional nature of his actions would indicate someone with minimal training and thus minimal ability to save lives. Improper training could also easily exacerbate a person's injuries to the point where he's a detriment to safe transportation and rendering of effective medical care in route. He could easily make a situation worse than need be. It also begs the question of his liability. If he does something improperly, will he be held responsible? Lastly, is he properly licensed and in full compliance with working legally in Thailand?

I have serious doubts that, whoever he is, is the case. :ermm:

Well Buchholz, he has enough brains and enough work permit (probably) to scratch the body-parts of dead people of the pavements after people's jumps and nasty traffic accidents and if you ever need him or one of his colleagues (let's hope not), you'll be very happy that he's doing this disgusting job.

I doesn't matter who he is.......he IS in Thailand, and he IS a volunteer with an organization we'd never like to engage.

Since he is IN Thailand and active in this field of work he hs to comply with the rules/habits/policies or whatever's necessary.

Pointing at victims, culprits, stash on the table or any other court-worthy matters is normal in THIS country.

So, please stop moaning and just hope that you'll never have to meet this guy....professionally!!

All good points, FP. But if it had been me, I think (I hope) I would have declined the offer to be photographed and let someone else be in the picture.