Builder Needed

SausageKing

Hi, just called my good Thai friend, his 2 cousins do good concrete jobs, they made a small road in my garden for a wheelchair. They work serious, and are inexpensive. You can call the friend of me he speaks good English (has an airport taxi) Mr. Kid 086-188 3311

Reliable, modest people.

Success.

Thanks for that and i want to make an area so that easy access for wheel chair users that want to buy my food products direct from me. I will call him tomorrow also i will put some signs up in my area so people can find me easy. Rob/ SK

Edited by SausageKing

Hi, just called my good Thai friend, his 2 cousins do good concrete jobs, they made a small road in my garden for a wheelchair. They work serious, and are inexpensive. You can call the friend of me he speaks good English (has an airport taxi) Mr. Kid 086-188 3311

Reliable, modest people.

Success.

Thanks for that and i want to make an area so that easy access for wheel chair users that want direct from me. I will call him tomorrow also i will put some signs up in my area so people can find me easy. Rob/ SK

About the signs, you need to make an arrangement with police or district office etc. ?

Perhaps an idea for the shop that I'm gonna open next month, although mega easy to find.

You need more salespoints/agents ?

The roads dept is the one to see about signs. There is also sign tax as mentioned. The more words in English the more the tax is too.

Tip : Include on the sign the company name in Thai - does not matter if only very small but does lower the amount of tax to pay - every little helps :)

BKCL is correct on the signs. Go talk to the amphur. I know others that have had to pay a tax on such. BTW excellent idea about directions.

Where would be a good place to get some sticker signs made ? any ideas ? Rob.SK

Depends on the quality you want, I suggest go to a real offset printer for good stickers, no cheap pc/printer products quality they are not color proof.

There is an offset printer halfway Wulai Road (CM south gate, hard to explain it's in an narrow alley on the right side)

If it's a sign or simple logo rather then a complex multicolored picture you could go to one of those sticker / businesscard shops they create stickers from different basic colors cutted to size and put together, the quality is good for a year.

Edited by bangkokcitylimits

BKCL is correct on the signs. Go talk to the amphur. I know others that have had to pay a tax on such. BTW excellent idea about directions.

Depends on the quality you want, I suggest go to a real offset printer for good stickers, no cheap pc/printer products quality they are not color proof.

There is an offset printer halfway Wulai Road (CM south gate, hard to explain it's in an narrow alley on the right side)

If it's a sign or simple logo rather then a complex multicolored picture you could go to one of those sticker / businesscard shops they create stickers from different basic colors cutted to size and put together, the quality is good for a year.

Northern arts can do UV resistant on Heavy vinyl, they can do shop front signs, the type with the aluminium fabricated letters, they have a shop at Rimping Plaza at Fa Ham on the corner of 1001 and 3029, they also have another shop at Pantip.

Give the StickerMan a try. He is about 50 meters to the south of Mad Dog.

About the signs, you need to make an arrangement with police or district office etc. ?

Perhaps an idea for the shop that I'm gonna open next month, although mega easy to find.

gotlost QUOTE : "BKCL is correct on the signs. Go talk to the amphur. I know others that have had to pay a tax on such. BTW excellent idea about directions".

I wonder if "Bake and Bite" went through all this official hassle being proposed? They have only three or four arrow--shaped yellow signs South of the Ping which work well. They almost look homemade.I can't see how SK will need anything more elaborate. And the lady owner (forget her name) of B+B who is usually on the premises could surely offer some helpful advice.

Edited by Asmerom

Hi and Cheers for the info and i did not know of a tax on English words and i will add my company name to the stickers in large English letters and small case in Thai. what tax next in Thai ? maybe a TV licence ha ha.

The tax is on all signs, Thai and English, just the amount varies, starting at 3 baht per sq cm to 80 baht per sq cm from the roads dept info, 3 levels, Thai only, Thai and English, English, a minimum of 200 baht per sign, the roads and highway department decide on the amount to be paid, if they decide you don't have enough Thai on the Thai/English sign they can charge the highest rate, so its best to check with them.

TV Licenses have already been covered here

Also Music Licenses have been covered here

Hi and Cheers for the info and i did not know of a tax on English words and i will add my company name to the stickers in large English letters and small case in Thai. what tax next in Thai ? maybe a TV licence ha ha.

The tax is on all signs, Thai and English, just the amount varies, starting at 3 baht per sq cm to 80 baht per sq cm from the roads dept info, 3 levels, Thai only, Thai and English, English, a minimum of 200 baht per sign, the roads and highway department decide on the amount to be paid, if they decide you don't have enough Thai on the Thai/English sign they can charge the highest rate, so its best to check with them.

TV Licenses have already been covered here

Also Music Licenses have been covered here

The Revenue Department of Chiang Mai is in charge for collection in the city. Allot of business already pay but allot don't. I can hear the crying if they were to in force this. The law has been on the books for some time.

The Revenue Department of Chiang Mai is in charge for collection in the city. Allot of business already pay but allot don't. I can hear the crying if they were to in force this. The law has been on the books for some time.

Keep in mind that for signs on a movable base (small wheels) are different rules, they even might be free. Keep them from moving with something heavy weight in it.

Also you can buy an old car and mount a huge sign on it. It's still a car and you can park it wherever you want.

In Bangkok along some highways ever seen those large custom made trucks with a huge (I mean HUGE) signboard on 10 meter high hydrolic-extensible steel construction ?

Or.... ?

hot-dog-car1-300x198.jpg

Sausage-car.jpg

Edited by bangkokcitylimits

Signs that are liable for the “sign tax” are any signs that illustrate name, brand, trade name, trademark, or are intended for commercial purposes.

Signs that are exempted from the tax are signs that are displayed at the recreation facilities, specifically those within the recreation area which are for that specific recreational event, signs that are used on product packages, signs that are only temporarily displayed, signs that are displayed on human beings and/or animals, signs that are displayed in the indoor area of the business premises.

Sign taxes are calculated by the size of the sign, that is length x width using the basis of square centimeters.

The following are the rates of the sign tax per 500 Square centimeters

· 3 Baht for signs with Thai alphabet only

· 20 Baht for signs with mixture of Thai alphabet and foreign alphabet / pictures / other signage

· 40 Baht for signs without Thai alphabet or

with Thai alphabet, but located under the foreign alphabet

An example of the calculation for a sign that has a mixture of the Thai alphabet and foreign alphabet (a size of 400 square centimeters by 200 square centimeters) – would have a rate of 20 Baht per 500 square centimeters. 80,000 Square centimeters divided by 500 then multiply by 20 = 3,200 Baht.

Sign tax must be file and submit at the local revenue office (using the form Phor Por 1)

www.sunbeltlegaladvisors.com

Signs that are liable for the "sign tax" are any signs that illustrate name, brand, trade name, trademark, or are intended for commercial purposes.

Signs that are exempted from the tax are signs that are displayed at the recreation facilities, specifically those within the recreation area which are for that specific recreational event, signs that are used on product packages, signs that are only temporarily displayed, signs that are displayed on human beings and/or animals, signs that are displayed in the indoor area of the business premises.

Sign taxes are calculated by the size of the sign, that is length x width using the basis of square centimeters.

· 20 Baht for signs with mixture of Thai alphabet and foreign alphabet / pictures / other signage

An example of the calculation for a sign that has a mixture of the Thai alphabet and foreign alphabet (a size of 400 square centimeters by 200 square centimeters) – would have a rate of 20 Baht per 500 square centimeters. 80,000 Square centimeters divided by 500 then multiply by 20 = 3,200 Baht.

Sign tax must be file and submit at the local revenue office (using the form Phor Por 1)

Than you very much for you info sunbelt and that was good info and so i should start with a phor por 1

http://www.sausageking1.com/

Signs that are liable for the "sign tax" are any signs that illustrate name, brand, trade name, trademark, or are intended for commercial purposes.

Than you very much for you info sunbelt and that was good info and so i should start with a phor por 1

http://www.sausageking1.com/

Permission is required from the highways department before putting the sign up if its on a road side, so best to check with them first.