Floods, Is It Worth A Visit To Cm Next Week?

jayceebee

Hi All

I start my 2 week holiday on October 31st and was intending to make my first visits to CM & Hua Hin arriving in Bangkok on Novemebr 3rd but was wondering if it would be worth it due to the flooding in the region? The weather reports I have seen from the UK still show heavy rains most days. I love to explore so is this going to be practical at the moment also getting there as I see the railways are out of action?

I visited relatives in Bangkok and Chonburi last year and remember seeing reports and pictures of flooding in Pattaya the week before I arrived, again in November. In the two weeks I spent in Thailand I saw very little rain, Is the rainy season running very late this year?

Thanks

Edited by jayceebee

No problem.

I think the rainy season officially finishes today and by the time you arrive our winter should be drawing in, the rain and the floods long forgotten.

The rainy season doesn't always pay attention to the calender; I just got caught in a downpour. However, while it has been wet in Chaing Mai city, I am not aware of any serious flooding. If you want to go on a trek, you will probably find some of the footpaths muddy and slippery, and you may get rained on.

From what I've seen on the news, flooding is much more of a problem in Bangkok and Isaan.

No problem.

I think the rainy season officially finishes today and by the time you arrive our winter should be drawing in, the rain and the floods long forgotten.

The rainy season doesn't always pay attention to the calender; I just got caught in a downpour. However, while it has been wet in Chaing Mai city, I am not aware of any serious flooding. If you want to go on a trek, you will probably find some of the footpaths muddy and slippery, and you may get rained on.

From what I've seen on the news, flooding is much more of a problem in Bangkok and Isaan.

No floods here. Yet.

jayceebee.

pic 1 ... the river level board 4 30 ish today

pic 2 ... the river level 4 30 ish today

pic 3 ... the river level two days ago

i shouldnt worry about floods here coz the river levels gone down by about 9 inches in two days.

but if we get the edge of that typhoon thats heading towards china .... who knows ?

dave2

jayceebee.

i shouldnt worry about floods here coz the river levels gone down by about 9 inches in two days.

but if we get the edge of that typhoon thats heading towards china .... who knows ?

dave2

chiang mais weather is coming from bay of bengal as this sat pic shows

chiang mai weather

megi may affect central thailand but probably not upper thailand.

Thank you all for the replies, flight booked today arriving BKK October 31st hope the trains are back to normal by then. Dont mind a few short showers but I do hope to see a good thunderstorm while I'm here, I've heard they can be quite spectacular but not seen one in my previous visits.

See you soon.:D

Edited by jayceebee