Baking Soda And Apple Cider Questions Would Like Answers

uncletom

The topic got moved to the health section, but I need your guys answers since this was originally a CM topic. Moderator, please kindly just allow my answers to be answered inder this secondary Topic Title of Arthitis in the CM forum.

I sent my Dad the answers that I read and then went on a week long business trip.

Today I was speaking with my him in the US and he is game to try the large glass of water, 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.

It was said to ingest on an empty stomach, but this leaves still 3-4 questions with him.

1. Take on an empty stomach then wait to eat, or can eat right away?

2. How often in 1 day? 1,2,3,4???

3. When? morning, lunch, dinner?

4. Cold, room, or warm temperature for the water? Cold slows down the stomaches digestive properties, but in this case maybe it is good so this is why I added cold into my questions.

uncletom

Was that for a gout remedy?

it's okay to eat 15 to 30 mins later. Let hunger sensations be the guide.

A couple of times a day is fine. Morning maybe most important.

Make sure to adjust the mixture for PH of water and ACV. Should end up about 6.2 to 7 PH which is a slightly tangy taste.

Room temperature liquid is probably best but depends on preference and outside weather. If living in cold place then a little warm might be best.

Start slow and let the body be the guide. If a person's body tissues are very acidic then should take an alkalizing program slow so that any detoxing symptoms are minimized.

earth clinic website has many forumula's and guidance.

Not sure. Pain in the arms shoulders and joints. Could be a multitude of things or just the one.

As for PH value, need to keep things extremely the easiest for him in the how to know - how to prepare and do the program. Too many gadgets and steps and then he may more than likely become disoncerned.

Alkalizing program slow so that any detoxing symptoms are minimized....??? Explain more in depth.

Detoxong will feel like what?, the flu or and what are the potentila down sides by your opinion?

He does have a heart condition thought to be a response from his tramatic duty in the Korean war (shrunken heart), so if there is significant detoxing, then maybe it will need to be controlled to keep the ill effects minimal.

What are your' (CobraSnakeNecktie)and the rest of the CM group's thoughts on this matter. Dad is sick of the pain and is at the ripe age of 84.

uncletom

Not sure. Pain in the arms shoulders and joints. Could be a multitude of things or just the one.

As for PH value, need to keep things extremely the easiest for him in the how to know - how to prepare and do the program. Too many gadgets and steps and then he may more than likely become disoncerned.

Alkalizing program slow so that any detoxing symptoms are minimized....??? Explain more in depth.

Detoxong will feel like what?, the flu or and what are the potentila down sides by your opinion?

He does have a heart condition thought to be a response from his tramatic duty in the Korean war (shrunken heart), so if there is significant detoxing, then maybe it will need to be controlled to keep the ill effects minimal.

What are your' (CobraSnakeNecktie)and the rest of the CM group's thoughts on this matter. Dad is sick of the pain and is at the ripe age of 84.

uncletom

Sorry but if he is 84 with a heart condition I would be tempted to have him ask a doctor. While the doctor might not believe it will work he can tell you if it will or won't hurt him.

One other thing to consider until one has walked in his shoes at 84 he might not care just take the pain away.

I would be in the same camp as Jay. At that advanced age making any substantial changes could be complicated.

I would find a progressive doctor. Perhaps also find a osteopath or chiropractor to assist in his movement issues. Consider getting a few massages or maybe soaking in a hot spring.

Just the basics. plenty of fluids and a check up to assist any pressing issues.

Apple cider vinegar is not dangerous but not a miracle cure either. ACV is a good tonic for a lot of things but don't expect him to be skydiving next month.

Good luck. Hormone therapy from the other thread could be helpful also.

Best wishes.

Can someone please tell me how mixing a mild acid and a mild base in your stomach is going to produce anything but neutral saline byproduct which has no effect either way on a persons Ph? On the contrary they counter act each other.

Apple cider vinegar is an acid and baking soda is a base = saline..

Chemistry 101... :huh: Should make you burp a lot though :blink::lol: ..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Can someone please tell me how mixing a mild acid and a mild base in your stomach is going to produce anything but neutral saline byproduct which has no effect either way on a persons Ph? On the contrary they counter act each other.

Apple cider vinegar is an acid and baking soda is a base = saline..

Chemistry 101... :huh: Should make you burp a lot though :blink::lol: ..

The mixing of the two for a neutral solution is so that it does NOT irritate or upset the digestion. Too acid and it burns the pipes and too alkaline and it dilutes stomach acids.

Okay so let's say we take a lime fruit... Next we slowly dehydrate it.... Initially a lime fruit is very acidic right? Once it's dehydrated then we throw it in a Calorimeter to burn it up and measure its stored energy... All fun and games. Okay now after the lime is burned up there is a residual ash left over. Add a neutral water to the ash and then measure the ash and water solution. What is the resulting PH? Fairly alkaline in the 7 range. How did this happen? begins as acidic and has an alkaline residue? How can this be?

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie

Figured no easy answer for my Dad, but he needs to do something, and anything is better than nothing. Bad days of misery don't cut it and has the more potential to speed up the end or speed up the want for an end of life. One thing is that he is not accustomed to taking any form of medicine, so something as easy as the drink ACV/baking powder/water is a great thing for him and his mentality, even if it only works a little, that is still better.

He is waiting to go to the VA in the USA, but they are so overly swamped they have a waiting period stretching literally for months. He likes to go there and it is his choice, so I will try to help on the flip side.

Thanks all,

uncletom.

Apple cider vinegar mixed with water or fruit juice has lots of potassium and will not irritate the stomach lining. It is said to normalize high blood sugar as well as a lot of other beneficial things. :)

sure or just diluted in water is good also. ACV has about 4 to 4.5 PH depending on the brand. Consuming it too strong can definitely take the enamel off of teeth and cause some esophagus irritation.

Baking soda has a lot of good properties also. Some people mix lemon or lime juice with baking soda. Drinking strong lemon or lime juice is similar to ACV in PH and can harm tooth enamel and digestive parts. Mixing baking soda allows getting more of each without being heavily diluted.

The nice thing about both is that they are easy to find and not expensive..... Easy for a person to experiment with it and can be very helpful for a lot of health parameters.

Figured no easy answer for my Dad, but he needs to do something, and anything is better than nothing.

I have had rheumatoid arthritis since I was twenty-five years old. The two substances that have helped me most are omega 3 oil - from eating salmon, mackerel and other cold water fish - and glucosomine (but you have to take the proper dose for at least 3 months to see if it will work for you). I would say that the fish is the better of the two, but I consume both. :)

Figured no easy answer for my Dad, but he needs to do something, and anything is better than nothing.

I have had rheumatoid arthritis since I was twenty-five years old. The two substances that have helped me most are omega 3 oil - from eating salmon, mackerel and other cold water fish - and glucosomine (but you have to take the proper dose for at least 3 months to see if it will work for you). I would say that the fish is the better of the two, but I consume both. :)

I will actually try to get my Dad on the fish oil and the drink concoction until he looks into the glucosomine. I also have read that coconut juice and coconut milk aren't half bad with their different natural properties as an anti-oxidant to being the closest to Hemoglobin. But need to check, because coconut juice is actually an electrolyte as well.

I think the saying of an apple a day keeps the doctor away needs to be changed to coconut which is my new coined phrase.

uncletom

Spoke to my Dad today. He decided to go ahead and tried it on his own before my call back confirmation to him. So this has been the 3rd day now and remarkably with positive attitude and perhaps a partial or full remedy, he has said that he actually feels something of a change in relief for the better. No adverse affects, so, so good so far.

I also told him about the other treatments spoken, but this seems to be in his cup of tea for a first start until he sees what it can or cannot actually do, and he does not want o bite of more than his body or heart can chew.

When I become a canditate, I know where to start as well

Thanks and much obliged.

uncletom

I never tried caustic soda so don't know how it taste, but my maid ads a cup of vinegar when rinsing the laundry against bacterias.

:shock1: And you better not ingest it either! Caustic soda is far more alkaline then is baking soda they are NOT the same thing not even close...Caustic soda will burn you like hydrochloric acid will as basically it's polar opposite..

Spoke to my Dad today. He decided to go ahead and tried it on his own before my call back confirmation to him. So this has been the 3rd day now and remarkably with positive attitude and perhaps a partial or full remedy, he has said that he actually feels something of a change in relief for the better. No adverse affects, so, so good so far.

I also told him about the other treatments spoken, but this seems to be in his cup of tea for a first start until he sees what it can or cannot actually do, and he does not want o bite of more than his body or heart can chew.

Thanks and much obliged.

uncletom

Ever sense the original post got pulled I have been just taking a slug out of the bottle every day of Apple Cider Vinegar. Seems to have a small effect. I will keep it up every day. Can't hurt unless I let it set in my mouth and apparently that will take the enamel away. Is there any other advantages to drinking it?

Thanks and much obliged.

uncletom

Ever sense the original post got pulled I have been just taking a slug out of the bottle every day of Apple Cider Vinegar. Seems to have a small effect. I will keep it up every day. Can't hurt unless I let it set in my mouth and apparently that will take the enamel away. Is there any other advantages to drinking it?

Thanks and much obliged.

uncletom

dilute it... that is masochistic. Swish straight some ACV or lime juice in your mouth.. Wait a few minutes an bite your teeth together. They will have a sticky feel because the enamel is being liquified.

ACV has a lot of benefits.

a quick google produced this

1. When diluted with water 50/50 it is often used as a toner for the face. Caution should be used when applying as cider vinegar is very dangerous to the eyes.

2. A bath of apple cider vinegar is said to reduce the effects of sunburn. The vinegar soaked on a cloth and applied to sunburn may also be used.

3. Many women have tried a douche of apple cider vinegar as a remedy for yeast infections. However, many others claim that vinegar causes or worsens yeast infections. Some say it depends on the brand used.

4. There are many claims that apple cider vinegar is a powerful weight loss aid. Many people use it in salad dressings or drink a tablespoon diluted in a glass of water once or twice per day.

5. It is said to treat dandruff by destroying the fungus Malassezia furfur and restoring the PH balance of the scalp. Some people recommend applying a 50/50 mixture of water and vinegar, applying it to the scalp, and leaving it to dry. Others suggest applying a couple of tablespoons of straight vinegar to the scalp and leaving it on for an hour or two before rinsing.

6. It has long been promoted as a remedy for arthritis. The National Arthritis Foundation says apple cider vinegar has not been proven effective against arthritis but is harmless to try.

7. A reported treatment for warts is to soak the affected area for 20 minutes per day in a 50/50 mixture of vinegar and water.

8. It is said to be a natural lowerer of bad cholesterol.

9. A teaspoon of cider vinegar in a glass of water per day is said to lower blood pressure.

10. Mother of vinegar, the layer of film that forms on top of the cider, is believed to have antibacterial and antifungal properties.

Your mileage may vary (YMMV)