Local Villagers Confront PAD Supporters In Surin

webfact

Local villagers confront PAD supporters in Surin

Surin - Some 50 troops were deployed to prevent local villagers from clashing with some 200 supporters of the People's Alliance for Democracy here Saturday.

The PAD supporters were heading to the Ta Muen Thom Temple in Ban Nong Khanna village in Tambon Tamien in Phanom Dongrak district at 4 pm when about 100 local villagers blocked the road to prevent the PAD supporters from approaching the temple.

Some rangers from the Suranaee Taskforce and 50 troops were rushed to the scene to prevent a clash.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-10-23

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should just let them have a go at it. Get those rangers and troops out of there, otherwise they'll just lose their weapons to either side anyway without doing a darned thing to help. We don't need any more military firearms circulating around then we already have!

Edited by tomyummer

Should just let them have a go at it. Get those rangers and troops out of there, otherwise they'll just lose their weapons to either side anyway without doing a darned thing to help. We don't need any more military firearms circulating around then we already have!

How sad, i guess some Sisaket reds where also there. Any news about Sisaket? :jap:

Assuming the PAD had asked for and received permission for their rally (assuming they needed), I don't see any reason why some-one would care to prevent it. I mean, even with E.D still in place we had a few rallies recently in Bangkok. Funny thing is these PAD's didn't even want to try to agitate against red-shirts or k. Thaksin, only a bit of Cambodian taunting.

Makes you wonder how safely a Dem's candidate could tour the country side when we'll have elections again.

locals want their peace not disturbed by agitation and political missioners

Red cheerleaders will say anything, anything to support their side. Some learn well from their master Thaksin.

In general maybe, but not sure it applies to my dear friend SergeiY. His posts suggest agitation in general rather than directed at a particular group or direction.

Red cheerleaders will say anything, anything to support their side. Some learn well from their master Thaksin.

Are you a little yellow brain?

This issue have nothing to do with RED vs. YELLOW. These villager live there in peace with their Cambodian neighbors, they don't need some lunatic nationalists from outside creating trouble.

This issue have nothing to do with RED vs. YELLOW. These villager live there in peace with their Cambodian neighbors, they don't need some lunatic nationalists from outside creating trouble.

"..............they don't need some lunatic nationalists from outside creating trouble."

Please remember this sentiment in your future posts.

It's just an example of red democracy. "We are allowed to gather and air our views, but no one else is".

Again, that has nothing to do with red vs. yellow.

It's just an example of red democracy. "We are allowed to gather and air our views, but no one else is".

Isn't it? Did you see some more information about this elsewhere?

No it isn't. The PADs want go there for somekind of anti-Cambodian campaign and not anti-red or anti-Thaksin.

going to a temple is "creating trouble"? :blink:

No it isn't. The PADs want go there for somekind of anti-Cambodian campaign and not anti-red or anti-Thaksin.

and that information is where in the article?

I agree. These people are not law abiding protesters. They are bunch paid bully who make life miserable for everyone in Thailand. If I was the government I would band them all together

I agree. These people are not law abiding protesters. They are bunch paid bully who make life miserable for everyone in Thailand. If I was the government I would band them all together

It times to people take the law in their own hand since the government has no interests in protecting the rights of Thai people

"Some Rangers and 50 troops...."

"100 local villagers...."

"200 PAD suppporters..heading to the Ta Muen Thom Temple in Ban Nong Khanna village in Tambon Tamien in Phanom Dongrak."

THAT'S problem with The Nation's reporting. They don't supply any background information, leaving the readers totally in the blind, WHY 200 PAD suppprters wanted to go to that temple on a lazy Saturday afternoon at 4 PM, just before it's getting dark....

It's poor BS reporting.

LaoPo

Would this be the temple in question - if so you have your answer

Prasat Ta Muen Thom - which is in fact three ruined structures all with the same name - in a location that seems to be on the very border between Cambodia and Thailand. If you speak to the Khmers in the locality, they'll tell you that the temple is Cambodian and that the Thai's have stolen it in the last few years, whilst the Thai's have assumed responsibility for the temple and built a paved road for easy access for visitors.

Prasat Ta Muen Thom - which is in fact three ruined structures all with the same name - in a location that seems to be on the very border between Cambodia and Thailand. If you speak to the Khmers in the locality, they'll tell you that the temple is Cambodian and that the Thai's have stolen it in the last few years, whilst the Thai's have assumed responsibility for the temple and built a paved road for easy access for visitors.

Well done :thumbsup: (I checked just now and you're correct)

If you could info us...the Nation can't ? Poor reporting by them!

LaoPo

It's not an answer then as nothing was said in the article about PAD's motivations or plans, but Sergei knows why they are at the temple as well as why they are not. As for myself, I'd wait for additional information from a more reliable source before deciding what the PAD motivations and plans are and what they are not.

And I doubt Thaksin is hiding there, but it seems some brave forum members think otherwise. Would be interesting to know where do they got redshirt/thaksin= villagers nonsense from. Paranoia maybe or yellow trolls.

Edited by SergeiY

If the Thais had "stolen it in the last few years" I think it would be more in the news that Phrear Vihear temple. I'm sure it was Khmer in the past, but probably not Cambodian for a couple of hundred years.

Edited by whybother

As for myself, I'd wait for additional information from a more reliable source before deciding what the PAD motivations and plans are and what they are not.

A reliable Thai source ?...PAD perhaps...The Nation.......AP....?

If you are so curious why not write to one of those sources and ask them or are you just waiting?

Again, as I wrote: "It's poor BS reporting." by the Nation.

LaoPo

It's not an answer then as nothing was said in the article about PAD's motivations or plans, but Sergei knows why they are at the temple as well as why they are not. As for myself, I'd wait for additional information from a more reliable source before deciding what the PAD motivations and plans are and what they are not.

You are absolutely correct........they are having a picnic.......such a lovely area......better than any other picnic area in Thailand.......how silly of those who think otherwise.......:)

You could have along wait for information you find acceptable....as you were not capable of making the initial link to Cambodia......and you appear to be reluctant to admit you didn't quite get it right on this thread......:D

Edited by 473geo

"Some Rangers and 50 troops...."

"100 local villagers...."

"200 PAD suppporters..heading to the Ta Muen Thom Temple in Ban Nong Khanna village in Tambon Tamien in Phanom Dongrak."

THAT'S problem with The Nation's reporting. They don't supply any background information, leaving the readers totally in the blind, WHY 200 PAD suppprters wanted to go to that temple on a lazy Saturday afternoon at 4 PM, just before it's getting dark....

It's poor BS reporting.

LaoPo

I agree it's a weakly presented article, but it's good that we have Sergei on the scene to fill in any gaps the journalists left.

As for myself, I'd wait for additional information from a more reliable source before deciding what the PAD motivations and plans are and what they are not.

A reliable Thai source ?...PAD perhaps...The Nation.......AP....?

at this point... any source as long as it is more reliable than Sergei's guesses

If you are so curious why not write to one of those sources and ask them or are you just waiting?

LaoPo

Is that what you do? Write to news sources when you are curious about an event?

I don't.

There are far too many events.

This will always be a problem. Buddhists of both sides like to build their temples on mountain or hill tops, and western convention is to use the watershed as a national boundary - it is logical.

From memory, Solomon solved a dispute over a baby by offering to cut it in half. Something similar should be done in these situations - give them a month to sort it out, if it can't be resolved call in a D4.