Donating To The Flood Victims

Chunky1

It's time to give something back.

Donate money to help flood victims throughout Thailand via Channel 3’s Bangkok Bank account (account number 014-3-00368-9, Bangkok Bank Maleenont branch). Customers can donate at any Bangkok Bank branch, ATMs, CDMs or Bualuang iBanking. The bank is also waiving any inter-region transfer fees.

You can also bring food to Channel 3 Building on Rama IV Road.

I know that most of you won't lift a finger for anyone else but for those of you who aren't just here for the exploitation of Thai people and "cheap life style" I thought I would post this.

Will the same Thais be in charge that 'lost' 30 million baht of the 36 million baht to corruption, that they were in charge of after the tsunami donations?

Out of an estimated 36 million baht in funds, 30 million baht is unaccounted for, suspected of being gobbled up by corrupt members of the Royal Thai Police, the group who have been overseeing the operation of TTVI.

Last November, the ambassadors of seven countries (including the UK, the US and France) signed a letter to the Royal Thai Police written by Thailand’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Nitya Pibulsonggra demanding to know how donations had been used. Nothing happened.

Another 13 counties have now stepped up to push for an investigation into the alleged misuse of funds. The investigation has so far achieved nothing and police have only concluded that corruption may have occurred.

http://whatismatt.com/thailand-tsunami-funds-corruption/

Or is it a different group of Thais this time?

Edited by thomo

Ok great. This is being run by Bangkok Bank and Channel 3 so there are no police involved and nothing to worry about!

And, if you are still scared then you can donate food!

Stop rationalizing and crack open your wallet for those in need.

nothing to worry about!

I don't believe you can know that.

Only last year a Thai bank employee was convicted of embezzling 500 million baht from GH Bank.

Bringing food there yourself is a better idea.

Edited by thomo

what a load of tosh its time to give back, give back what? I cant own any of Thailand I cant stay here easily they dont want me but Im married to a Thai...............Oh hang on they want my money right.

Ill leave it to all the hi so members wives to bail them out along with the corrupt govt, ministers, heads of village and police force thanks.

if any body wants to put stuff on a bus, let me know and i'll meet it.

Ive just put "chunky" on the bus he'll be with you soon:lol:

the short bus.............:whistling:

Thats the one, on the long road to hel_l........ wohah ha ha ha ha ha ha (evil laugh):crazy:

I would like to sugest donations be made to purchase a halfway ticket to any place out of the country , preferably over an ocean , he can then feel at home amongst the flotsam and jetsam . Farang in general contribute far more to Thailand , willingly and otherwise , than most could ever get out of it . In my book , Thai are more takers than givers , many too lazy to even help themselves , just hold out a hand or a bowl .

I would like to sugest donations be made to purchase a halfway ticket to any place out of the country , preferably over an ocean , he can then feel at home amongst the flotsam and jetsam . Farang in general contribute far more to Thailand , willingly and otherwise , than most could ever get out of it . In my book , Thai are more takers than givers , many too lazy to even help themselves , just hold out a hand or a bowl .

My wife aked me yesterday to go to the temple with her and help , bag and sort food donations for the victims of flooding , we arrived at 8.30am Wat Phasi in Ekamai , to hundreds of Thai people waiting to donate foodstuff and rice , fruit etc. It was all first gifted to the monks who in turn passed it over to volunteers to sort and bag . My impression yesterday was that ALL the Thai people in attendance gave generously and happily to help their fellow coutymen/ women in their hour of need . I also noticed while there, a few very healthy ` money trees` mostly with 100 baht notes !

living through this fiasco i'd say think old clothes, shoes and stuff. medicine instant food and water. all help appreciated

And a few of those Thais driving around in their Benz etc, and then going to the temple every week to 'make merit' could help, but won't.

I must add, here in Ubon there is a huge Sat/Sun market. Selling mainly not new clothes and shoes. Where is the stuff from....... USA and UK, obviously from charity organisations intended for the needy, how did it get into Thai hands to make money ?

I am not talking rubbish garments but good stuff. HOW DID IT GET TO BE SOLD FOR THAI BUSINESS PROFITS AND NOT THE POOR CHUNKY 1.. :unsure:

Same on Phuket. Lots stalls now selling 'charity' stuff'. I asked one where it all came from. He said 'Hong Kong' :lol:

l put some info forward because l don't understand why the worlds poor are not wearing the clothes that have been DONATED. Forget your charity shops, why haven't the clothes been sent to the needy which is what the givers and ME would expect. :ermm:.

The key word here is "EXCESS" like I told you that how the charity organizations here where I live in USA operate, but they certainly making money for other worthy causes by auction off excess clothes to dealers around the world not just Thailand. I'm sure they know what they are doing. Also I'm sure those clothes were not fraudulently obtained by the merchants.

Edited by a51mas

Please may I add an adendum to my last post? Thankyou .

Were you not a loud mouthed obnoxious american , you would have noted my post was intended "Tongue-in-cheek " as I feel sure many members will have picked up on , considering the responses prior to my own .

The small 'A' was intentional as most Americans I know in person have more considerate manners .

I work in the Uk I bought my wife some condos to run a s a business 3 are in her name 2 in mine , I bought her some land also in her name she earns about 90k a month off rents and "other" associated work, she spends that money in Thailand on what she wants and that will be 99% on Thai goods , services/people etc I dont ask what she buys she tells me she saves it all for a house for us, I dont look at the bank accounts I dont have to.

I think i contribute enough to Thailand.

What has Thailand given me? nothing but a good wife and a whole load of hoops to jump thru to stay with her.

Edited by travelmann

Your having laugh aren't you !!!!! if needed some money or needed time to top up my marriage extention money Thailand wouldn't give a monkeys two dangling bits and kick me out the country. Floods happen every year som naam na.

Edited by Kwasaki

hmmmm Coming from someone that doesn't live in Thailand makes this rather a "rich" reply. It also shows a deep disrespect for Thai people.

The OP was just absolutely obnoxious and replying in this thread is something I shouldn't have bothered doing; alas, I did.

What people give is an individual thing. Not subject to ridicule or disparagement. People that care, give. That is their nature. People that expect life to be easy, complain. That is their nature. Personally I don't even trust the bank account information in the OP, and that is just because of the "tone" of the original post.

This topic got off on a bad foot with a patronizing, holier-than-thou first post. People could have ignored it and taken the high road, just used it as a topic to discuss helping flood victims but instead chose to just flame each other and complain. Shame on you. You're adults, or should be.

So many deleted posts its now unsavable.

Anyone wishing to open a topic on helping flood victims is more than welcome.