Export From Thailand To Us - Clothing

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if any one has any experiance / knowledge of exporting clothing from LOS to US?

Will there be inport restrictions in US prohibiting or limiting importing clothing from thailand.

Does any one know or have any experiance with export agencies

Thanks

There are some pretty stiff duties but import quotas were dropped and the visa system scrapped. You want to be extremely careful though, textiles are pretty much a mine field. Start by looking the item up in the Harmonized Tariff Schedule and then check individual rulings as well. Its very detailed and complex how things are classified and you can have some rather painful surprises.

PM me with the type of clothing you want to export and I will check it out for you when I get some time and at least give you some general knowledge. We handle some Tee Shirts out of Thailand but the majority of our clothing comes from Vietnam, China, and Indonesia.

• 1 month later...
There are some pretty stiff duties but import quotas were dropped and the visa system scrapped. You want to be extremely careful though, textiles are pretty much a mine field. Start by looking the item up in the Harmonized Tariff Schedule and then check individual rulings as well. Its very detailed and complex how things are classified and you can have some rather painful surprises.

PM me with the type of clothing you want to export and I will check it out for you when I get some time and at least give you some general knowledge. We handle some Tee Shirts out of Thailand but the majority of our clothing comes from Vietnam, China, and Indonesia.

Xbusman,

I am also interested in exporting dress shirts and pants (trousers), ladies dresses, men's boxer shorts to the US. Any information you have will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

check with Wal-mart and k-mart they seem to have the market sewed up. I know people that went through doing such at flea markets to find out they could not get back their cost and much competition. You name it jewlery, clothes they have huge warehouses in the U.S. you can buy

in quanity for the same price you will get in Thailand buying on your own.

check with Wal-mart and k-mart they seem to have the market sewed up. I know people that went through doing such at flea markets to find out they could not get back their cost and much competition. You name it jewlery, clothes they have huge warehouses in the U.S. you can buy

in quanity for the same price you will get in Thailand buying on your own.

Thanks for your advise.

My idea is not to compete with Walmart. I will be doing some custom clothing. My inquiry is about importing into the USA from Thailand.

Thanks for your response.

It is a very tough market, even with customers lined up the margins are generally so low as to make it unprofitable at low volumes. I have a few sewing shops I work with that are small enough to look at lower quantites but that still means in the many hundreds for each piece. Cambodia and Vietnam are probably better places to look for what your asking for.

Just PM me if you want to discuss details.