Chaweng Stinks !

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the new mayor might be a good bloke and doing great things but he's not fixing the smelly drains in chaweng,and thats what this thread is about.

Its not practical to suggest local business get together to fix it,its something the local authority has the power to organise and should find the money to do it instead of throwing the cash around as tea money.

Comments like "if you dont like it here you can always leave"...........are no more than throwaway lines and do not add to this discussion.

I think most of us agree its something the local govt. should fix and maybe this forum should be compulsory viewing for them.

I think if ou consider the Mayor has a fixed budget and many calls on how he spends his money he has to consider the local people first and foremost. Tackling issues which affect ALL the residents will be his first priority. Hence improving the road system.

I've no idea where the next improvements will come but certainly it can't do any harm to voice our concerns here. Surely someone from his office reads the odd rant on here?.....:rolleyes:

and the money ran out before the task was completed...........i wonder why?

Evergreen,you are correct in what you say with regards to "thais not really giving two hoots' about tourism.Even TAT does n't seem to have any clout with the govt. when it comes to tourism related matters.And again you are corect when saying"thais have their way of doing things and its not necesarily the farang way".You say that you are interested in the "how", things like the smelling drains can be rectified.I dont think they can be changed,but sometimes a forum like thai visa is just a way for people like myself to vent the spleen,let off a bit of steam,nothing more.

However you would think they would be interested in improving things(tourist related) as i would imagine most thais earn their income from the tourist coming to samui,and i see less and less people holidaying here,whether its income related,or because of things like dirty water,dirty beaches,high airfares to samui,expensive transport i.e. taxis, smelly drains in chaweng,numerous days lost to bar closures for election days etc. etc.

really? didn't realise that so far. I am there almost every day since years.

This is not a smart arse reply but maybe you have been here so long you have become accustomed to the foul stench. I only have a pleasure of a morning ride through Chaweng a few times a year but when i do,sometimes its enough to make you want to gag up.