Baseball Oct 2010

siamdivers

Jon at Solution bar on Kata new road normally shows ALL major sporting events live,i will contact him regarding the World Series,my guess is he will be showing the replays every day/night.

Always busy for the Premier League football,and a great liitle bar.

As for the slingbacks,are they legal in Thailand?,good idea if they are.

PST.

Yes, I saw that bar today as I was driving past. Replays would be OK for me too, so let me know please.

I don't think slingboxes are legal, but I don't think anyone cares. Not sure, haven't looked into it, but I know Don had one hooked up for a while at his place so it's possible.

You should be able to get 1 mb at the start of the games before everyone clocks into work and gets on the internet. Made to order breakfast sure sounds good. I'd love a nice thick breakfast burrito.

IIRC you used to watch sports using Sling at Dons. It worked there, yeah?

Just got the official word...Dukes will not be open for live World Series coverage.

Edited by ScubaBuddha

Jon at Solution bar on Kata new road normally shows ALL major sporting events live,i will contact him regarding the World Series,my guess is he will be showing the replays every day/night.

PST.

I don't think slingboxes are legal, but I don't think anyone cares. Not sure, haven't looked into it, but I know Don had one hooked up for a while at his place so it's possible.

100% legal. The technology is called "placeshifting". Sling designed them so only one viewer at a time can view the cable/satalite/DVR which the Slingbox is attached to. In my case, family back in the states pay an extra $12 a month for an additional DVR cable box which sits in the corner attached to my Slingbox which is attached to a router, but not attached to a TV. I control the DVR and watch the programming from here using either a PC or on my TV using a SlingCatcher box. I even have a cloned Comcast remote control. Works well with a steady connection to the states of 1mb or more, which is the tricky part. Watchable at 300kbps but blurry. Lots of throttling going one with streaming video since an appellate court in the states reversed the previous courts ruling that ISP's were not allowed to traffic shape. Hence 2 years ago I actually got better speeds that I do now, an observation echoed throughout the net.

PST.

100% legal. The technology is called "placeshifting". Sling designed them so only one viewer at a time can view the cable/satalite/DVR which the Slingbox is attached to. In my case, family back in the states pay an extra $12 a month for an additional DVR cable box which sits in the corner attached to my Slingbox which is attached to a router, but not attached to a TV. I control the DVR and watch the programming from here using either a PC or on my TV using a SlingCatcher box. I even have a cloned Comcast remote control. Works well with a steady connection to the states of 1mb or more, which is the tricky part. Watchable at 300kbps but blurry. Lots of throttling going one with streaming video since an appellate court in the states reversed the previous courts ruling that ISP's were not allowed to traffic shape. Hence 2 years ago I actually got better speeds that I do now, an observation echoed throughout the net.

Hey,great info on the slingboxes,will past onto Jon at Solution as i know he is looking to up his number of tv's in the bar,and put one outside the bar ,aswell as upping the number of sports shown at one time.

Thanks for the heads up guys!.

PST.

Sounds good, post again if it works well.

Just found this, seems to work well enough too:

Free live sports streaming has been a mixed bag in my experience. It seems to often get cut during the game, or be very slow choppy with poor quality. And since it was mentioned earlier, it's also illegal.

Sounds good, post again if it works well.

Just found this, seems to work well enough too:

Sorry for the late notice guys...we weren't able to get it sorted tonight, so no game one but there will be a tech coming in tomorrow (hopefully) so game two on Friday should be a go.

Email from Dukes.

We will be showing the ESPN replay each day.

Both games 1 and 2 will be rebroadcast at 2pm on Thursday and Friday afternoon.

Game 3 is on Sunday and will be replayed at 8pm Sunday evening during our Holloween Party.

Games 4 and 5 will be rebroadcast at 2pm on Monday and Tuesday.

Games 6 and 7 don't seem to be sorted out yet as far as the replays go. We will up date the Duke's Bar site with better info when it is available.

He decided not to open for this mornings game )game 1) but his email didn't specify if they will be open for any of the other games. I have asked and will post his answer.

And I will also update here when we get things sorted at Ricky's. Plan is to be open for the tomorrow morning if we get the connection sorted.

Though the name "World Series" might bring to mind an intercontinental championship, it is confined within Major League Baseball's American and National Leagues. Since those two leagues together generally attract the top talent from around the world, the World Series is thought of among fans and sports writers as a de facto world championship.

Ah, so that is why at the first edition of the world baseball classic none of the players in the finals play with a MLB team, and in the second edition 3? of the players in the finals play with an MLB team. Because all the best players play in the MLB.

Sorry, but I think the explanation is quite simple: it is called World Series out of ignorance of the game being played in other places at high level.

Though the name "World Series" might bring to mind an intercontinental championship, it is confined within Major League Baseball's American and National Leagues. Since those two leagues together generally attract the top talent from around the world, the World Series is thought of among fans and sports writers as a de facto world championship.

Ah, so that is why at the first edition of the world baseball classic none of the players in the finals play with a MLB team, and in the second edition 3? of the players in the finals play with an MLB team. Because all the best players play in the MLB.

Sorry, but I think the explanation is quite simple: it is called World Series out of ignorance of the game being played in other places at high level.

No. It's been called the World Series since at least the early 1900's. Nobody else was playing the game back then. wink.gif

No. It's been called the World Series since at least the early 1900's. Nobody else was playing the game back then. wink.gif
Ok, make it arrogance in stead of ignorance then. World Series of the USA and Canada.

Speaking of ignorance, run your theory by any professional baseball player in the world and watch them laugh.

Ok, make it arrogance in stead of ignorance then. World Series of the USA and Canada.

Speaking of ignorance, run your theory by any professional baseball player in the world and watch them laugh.

Yes, the losers, the ones who did not make it to the finals, will laugh, but I'm sure the ones that were in the finals of the World baseball Classic, and beat on the way all those star professional baseball players, will agree.

Yes, the losers, the ones who did not make it to the finals, will laugh, but I'm sure the ones that were in the finals of the World baseball Classic, and beat on the way all those star professional baseball players, will agree.

There are 13 players in this World Series from countries other than the US or Canada...

Go download Ken Burns' Baseball documentary from whatever source you like. He talks about this in one of the episodes, but the whole program is very interesting if you're into history. It was, and still is, just a marketing ploy, it doesn't mean that Americans think that this is some kind of world competition. Give us (them) a little credit please. The idea was probably thought up by Madison Ave advertising punks, probably the same ones who made "Coke" a household name. The name's not important in some global trade war kind of sense or important to anyone except Americans or those who appreciate the sport of baseball. It's just a name. It, then and still is now, was just about marketing. Simple.

Hey SB, is Rick and Roll up and running with the better connection yet? I'm looking forward to having a chorizo breakfast burrito :) and watching the game.

Sorry guys, In a story so bizarre you wouldn't believe it (maybe you will if you have ever had to deal with 3BB) 3BB has managed to completely disconnect Ricky's altogether. I will update if things change.