Show Me Your Workstation

buadhai

OK, I know, I know. All of the other "post your photo" threads have fallen flat. But, I'm crazy enough to try again.

A few months ago I posted a poll asking people to say from where (home, work, etc.) they accessed Thai Visa.

Now I'm hoping for some photos of your workstation. You don't have to be in them if you don't want. But, I thought it might be interesting to see where people are coming from. So, be it your home, your office, an Internet cafe, or a wireless notebook at Starbuck's; please post a photo.

Here's mine:

workstation.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have an Apple  McIntosh TV set????

Nah, it's just an Apple sticker. After my girlfriend "switched" from PC to Mac she went nuts and puts stickers all over. We also have an Apple Mac "Toyota Vios"....

:o

And, Penelope, thanks for the 5.1 advice. I'm afraid that speaker placement in this small room are dictated mostly by lack of space and visual rather than audio aesthetics.

Left front is about a meter to the left of the center speaker, at the same level as the TV (in the bookshelf). Right front is sitting on top of the subwoofer, just out of view. Just to the right of the subwoofer is the closet, which wouldn't open if we put the subwoofer on the floor there.

However, given the space constraints I'm open to other suggestions....

BTW, the Sony TV has the option to use it's two internal speakers as the "center" speaker. I suppose that would be better than what we're doing now with the center so high?)

Can we get back on topic and show me your workstations?

The photo's a few months old. The setup is almost the same except I'm using a Sony Vaio laptop rather than that crappy Acer...

The joy of chrome :o

/Edit: And I've got new curtains and headphones...

post-5600-1122974639_thumb.jpg

Edited by Insight

The photo's a few months old. The setup is almost the same except I'm using a Sony Vaio laptop rather than that crappy Acer...

The joy of chrome :D

I was going to post a pic of my little workstation but after viewing others here, I'm having a severe case of WS envy!!! :o Guys, where's the ups tho??

Ps- MC Insight, erm, you a DJ by chance? ;;;;; niiiiccceee gear! :D

Edited by baht&sold

The joy of chrome :D

Nice turntables :D , wish i have one of those sets at home :o

Explorer :D

Here's mine.  Speaker placement is not to bad  :o.

1petews.jpg

PS: Penelope are you female?  Not meaning to be sexist but I have not met many computer and home theartre buffs who are of the female persuasion.

male.females dont understand the necessity to drop 550K baht on a Pioneer high defintion pure digital home theatre..hehe.

"penelope" may seem like a female name, but it is, in this case an acronym. I find it funny cos I like to draw out obvious reactions.

ahhh..its too much...the speaker placements are killing me !!

Don't worry. Rest assured that there those of us who, if living alone, would put speaker placement above comfort, convenience and aesthetics. Unfortunately, many of us are living with others who might not appreciate the fact the one door of the closet no longer opens because that space is now occupied by a properly placed right-front speaker. I did the best I could in order to maximize both listening pleasure and domestic tranquility.

ahhh..its too much...the speaker placements are killing me !!

Don't worry. Rest assured that there those of us who, if living alone, would put speaker placement above comfort, convenience and aesthetics. Unfortunately, many of us are living with others who might not appreciate the fact the one door of the closet no longer opens because that space is now occupied by a properly placed right-front speaker. I did the best I could in order to maximize both listening pleasure and domestic tranquility.

On the 5th day, god invented the "home theatre room extension side project" :D