he can not see the answer

but he manages to guess anyway

apparently ordinary pen

great trick

but very hard to detect

anyone else fall for this?

better yet:

HOW DOES HE DO IT?

Does it involve putting 2 pieces of paper into your friend's hand?

If so, the 'trick' is that the first piece of paper he puts into your hand does not contain the information you have given him (it's common just to write the word 'GOD' on this first piece). Then, later, when he puts the second piece of paper in your hand (which he says has 'GOD' written on it), this second piece of paper actually contains the answers to the questions that he has now managed to obtain from you.

Does that make sense?

Everything is a scam in Thailand! Didn't you realise that yet ? :o Some of the best tricks are the easiest to do when you know how. I used to dabble a little in magic back in the UK. Even joined the magic circle. :D Now I just do a little for kids to amuse them and keep my hand in.

A trick perhaps, illusion maybe - but scam? How exactly is it a scam?

Maybe its like the young Indian guy i met a few months ago on Soi 4 Nana Bangkok .He gave me one piece of paper and asked me to write down my favorite number and color .He guessed both right .Then he said that for a donation of B2,000 he could tell me far more information about myself .I declined his offer .

I got 15 posts on this item exactly the same. Thai Visa tells us you are a senior member but do you really know how to use this site. Illusion, which this is, should not be confused with a scam which infers that the guy was attempting to extract money from you under false pretences. Duuuuuu

A trick perhaps, illusion maybe - but scam? How exactly is it a scam?

Maybe its like the young Indian guy i met a few months ago on Soi 4 Nana Bangkok .He gave me one piece of paper and asked me to write down my favorite number and color .He guessed both right .Then he said that for a donation of B2,000 he could tell me far more information about myself .I declined his offer .

this is very close to how the story was related to me

oddly an east Indian type fellow was the initiator as well

but somewhere in jomtien

anyone know how he did it?

Edited by deejah