Price Premium 7Th Floor Vs 13Th Floor Beach Front Condo

I'm considering purchasing a condo in a high rise which is directly on the beach. There are 2 units available I am considering, 1 on the 7th floor and another on the 13th floor.

I'm wondering what type of % premium I should expect to pay on the 13th floor. Both rooms have near identical views.

I tried looking for price sheets at Northpoint and La Royal Beach, but I could not find any. Does anyone have any available for a high rise beach front condo as reference. Thanks.

I would not pay a premium for the 13th floor (purely from a resale point of view) I've been in building in Bangkok where there wasn't even a 13th floor. The elevator just went straight from 12th - 14th floor.

Superstitions plays heavily in the Thai marketplace, when you come to re-sell it i'm sure all the buyers will be pointing out the negative feng shui and asking for more discount.

If the views are the same go for the 7th floor especially if it's cheaper.

13th floor even has it's own wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirteenth_floor

Edited by dave111223

if it makes a difference, there are 17 total floors in the building. thanks for your input

At a recent View Talay development the premium was about 100k baht per floor. What premium to pay is a personal choice but you will always find buyers or renters who desire a high floor and will pay for it. A friend on the sixth floor and lost much of his view because a 7-floor building was built adjacent. If he had a higher floor it would be a non-issue. Also lifts can be full when you are on a lower floor during busy times of the day.

if it makes a difference, there are 17 total floors in the building. thanks for your input

At a recent View Talay development the premium was about 100k baht per floor. What premium to pay is a personal choice but you will always find buyers or renters who desire a high floor and will pay for it. A friend on the sixth floor and lost much of his view because a 7-floor building was built adjacent. If he had a higher floor it would be a non-issue. Also lifts can be full when you are on a lower floor during busy times of the day.

Sorry, the floor is actually 12A (not 13 ;) I'm pretty sure 13 is a western superstition anyway...I doubt condos on the 9th floor go for more :)...besides the whole building already has bad feng shui.

Bob, do you know what % 100k makes on the cost of an average size unit?

thanks.

--matt

Sorry, the floor is actually 12A (not 13 ;) I'm pretty sure 13 is a western superstition anyway...I doubt condos on the 9th floor go for more :)...besides the whole building already has bad feng shui.

Bob, do you know what % 100k makes on the cost of an average size unit?

thanks.

--matt

Average size? The 100k was a premium for a 141 sqm unit. Units in my building range from 48-257 sqm with the studios being the smallest (48 sqm). The premium per sqm is the same for a large or small unit and it was about 700baht per sqm per floor or about 1.68% per floor.

I'd go for the 7th if the view can't ever be obstructed (ie. beachfront condo). IMO the only difference in the view would be the horizon is a few more km away. Big deal, you're looking at water.

And in Thailand I'd rather take my chances from the 7th in case of a fire.