42 Pedestrian Crossings Become Operational Around Pattaya

Rimmer

42 new killing zones, I hope they are all numbered to help the ambulances locate them.

:lol:

Sad but true.

Compliance at these red lights is improving by the day. Stopped at about 5 sets today and quite a few over the past 2 days. I'm mainly seeing motorcyclists jumping through.

Are the Baht buses stopping yet.

I sense that if they comply, others (except motorbike taxis and few others) will comply.

Yes, they are stopping. I only saw one rush through over the past few days. I think empty baht buses appreciate the new pedestrian lights because it gives them more time to pick up passengers. It's the full baht buses on special trips that will jump the lights. Of course it only takes 2 cars to stop to keep the traffic stopped, but the motorcyclists skip past them.

I've been making a point of stopping on my motorcycle even if there is a car behind me. I'm curious to see if some irate car driver will honk me. Hasn't happened yet.

We went up 2nd and back around Beach Road last night. All the lights were working and cars were stopping...a few scooters ran them, but even the baht buses were stopping...though they just the gun a bit. I also noticed many people just walking across even though crosswalks were only 10-15 meters away. But that was in the very busy section of 2nd road near Soi Dianna Inn.

So far, so good! Maybe the naysayers will be proven wrong this time?

Complete and utter waste of paint and power. Was down in BKK last week and took many taxis to locations I needed to attend. Not one stopped, even on the rare occasion that the lights were Red let alone flashing Orange. Business as usual, Pedestrians beware, your still fair game. :ph34r:

We went up 2nd and back around Beach Road last night. All the lights were working and cars were stopping...a few scooters ran them, but even the baht buses were stopping...though they just the gun a bit. I also noticed many people just walking across even though crosswalks were only 10-15 meters away. But that was in the very busy section of 2nd road near Soi Dianna Inn.

So far, so good! Maybe the naysayers will be proven wrong this time?

It would be nice if they could station the scam cops who are normally busy ticketing farang at the pedestrian crossings and do the tourists a favour.