What Has Happened At City Life

Chiangmai1st

Thank you very much for your email. We update our classifieds every day, except for weekends, public holidays, and unfortunately days when the girl in charge is ill. We have someone take over when she is on leave, but sometimes there is no one to take over when she takes a day off, for that I apologise and will make sure someone does it for her in the future. Thank you.

Thank you very much for your email. We update our classifieds every day, except for weekends, public holidays, and unfortunately days when the girl in charge is ill. We have someone take over when she is on leave, but sometimes there is no one to take over when she takes a day off, for that I apologise and will make sure someone does it for her in the future. Thank you.

Ok, apology accepted but please ensure it doesn't happen again.

We pay a lot for this crucial service, and ... oh.. wait. :)

Thank you Khun Pim its is nice to know someone care

It seems that Chiang Mai mail is now black and white as well as only bi-weekly. :unsure:

I'm glad that City Life is still in color!

I think they need real Journalist

who can get the local news and info and maybe they should try some free classifieds to boost sales

this paper is on a downward spiral and needs real managment to run it

It seems that Chiang Mai mail is now black and white as well as only bi-weekly. :unsure:

I'm glad that City Life is still in color!

who can get the local news and info and maybe they should try some free classifieds to boost sales

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It seems that Chiang Mai Mail is now black and white as well as only bi-weekly.

It is not easy to do that with almost no advertisers.

Unfortunately, all of the local publications for Westerners are suffering right now because of the world economy, the red shirt protests and all the usual reasons. :(

Edited by Ulysses G.

Wonderful magazine, and a great editor.

The only thing I can find fault with is that some of the telephone numbers on the directory page are out of date, Chiang Mai Ram Hospital for instance.

I'm sure this has not been brought to Pim's attention , and I am sure they will be checked soon enough :)

Otherwise it's a great read , last month's awas a belter, some really good stories.

keep up the good work guys :thumbsup:

I love CityLife! so much that I subscribed rather than the monthly hunt for a copy! only minor complaint is that I get my copy up to 7 days after they arrive at locations - and so I often pick one up and have read it before my postal copy arrives - but that could possibly be the post offices fault - now I have moved virtually opposite the CityLife offices I hope I may get it quicker :D

• 4 weeks later...

I do read Citylife from time to time but mostly I look at the photos online and the events in the city.

I just wanted to say a bit of praise for Steve Yarnold. For many things, he is the face of Chiang Mai. He is at many events with his camera. He is a work-a-holic.

I hope Citylife puts a bit extra in his stocking at Christmas.

Good job Steve and Citylife.

Chan mai sabai... tjep thoong.... pou-at houa... mai mee tang... nohn mai lap... kiit maak... schater.gif

Why are Thai girls always sick ?????

Edited by bangkokcitylimits

I do read Citylife from time to time but mostly I look at the photos online and the events in the city.

I just wanted to say a bit of praise for Steve Yarnold. For many things, he is the face of Chiang Mai. He is at many events with his camera. He is a work-a-holic.

I go along wiht that. whatever event I go to, Steve and his camera always seem to be there!

I'm sure that we all hope that City Life - and indeed the Chiang Mai Mai survive the current exchange rate crisis. They are both important parts of the information network that those of us who live here rely on.

Pim is an iconic member of the Farang community (OK I know she'e Thai as well) who has worked for years to build a good magazine. Shana may be new to the job at CMM but I know she's very keen to develop it further.

Good luck to both publications and I hope they can hang on in there!

I go along wiht that. whatever event I go to, Steve and his camera always seem to be there!

I'm sure that we all hope that City Life - and indeed the Chiang Mai Mai survive the current exchange rate crisis.

I think it does not have to be free, 20b is nice enough for good and varied useful information.

I would like to address the mention of Steve Yarnold since you brought it up. Steve and his camera are indeed at every function in Chiang Mai. He tirelessly drives some nights to three or four different places to take photos. All this on his trusty motorbike. Every social person in town knows the phrase..."One more please" from Steve. I may be wrong but it's my understanding that he does it for love of the job. He also organizes and hosts a monthly quiz night and previously he worked like a dog on the rooftop charity. He is greatly underappreciated and I hope everyone will give him a smile and a thank you next time you see him at an event. Thank you Steve!

Edited by Sansai Sam

Steve is going to hate me for this (the guy does not know how to take a compliment) but Steve Yarnold is an amazing guy. He refuses to accept payment from us and works harder than many of our employees. While he occasionally allows me to buy him a beer, he spends his days and nights going to events and helping them to promote themselves. I will make sure that santa brings him a nice pressie! He is at his happiest when he can go to ten events a day and gets miserable when we only have one or two for him to do! Steve has singlehandedly helped promote hundreds of business and events without any personal agenda or bias and I, as well as everyone here at Citylife, am eternally grateful for him. He works for Chiang Mai, not just for Citylife or CityNow! He really is a special man (and yes Steve, you can come slap me for this)!