Maisai Report

I went to Maisai, Thailand today for my 60 day passport stamp. For those of you who don't know where Maisai is, its the fathest north you can go in Thailand.

I was out of Thailand, into Myanmar, and back into Thailand in under 10 min. Total cost for Myanmar visa was 250 baht.

No problems what so ever.

Hi Richard,

Man, you live far,far away! :o

How long is the trip to BKK?

Cheers!

Hi Firefan,

Auctually, I live in Sa Kaeo province. I was just visiting my GFs family up in Phayao. Since its so close to Maisai I deceded to get the stamp there.

To get here from Bangkok, I usually take the overnight train with sleeper car(700 baht) to Chaing Mai. Then the "greenbus" to Phayao (169 baht). Then another bus to her parents village in ampher Chun.

This trip she ran into her neighbors from her village who gave us a ride from Phayao to Chun.

I could have went to Aranyapreth since I live about an hour from there but with all the problems with that border I figured its best to avoid it and go visit the soon to be in-laws.

Hi Richard,

Man, you live far,far away! :D

How long is the trip to BKK?

Cheers!

Hi Firefan,

Auctually, I live in Sa Kaeo province. I was just visiting my GFs family up in Phayao. Since its so close to Maisai I deceded to get the stamp there.

To get here from Bangkok, I usually take the overnight train with sleeper car(700 baht) to Chaing Mai. Then the "greenbus" to Phayao (169 baht). Then another bus to her parents village in ampher Chun.

This trip she ran into her neighbors from her village who gave us a ride from Phayao to Chun.

I could have went to Aranyapreth since I live about an hour from there but with all the problems with that border I figured its best to avoid it and go visit the soon to be in-laws.

Your post just gave me a lot of nasty flashbacks and bad memories....Chun :o

Edited by pluto_manibo

I went to Maisai, Thailand today for my 60 day passport stamp. For those of you who don't know where Maisai is, its the fathest north you can go in Thailand.

I was out of Thailand, into Myanmar, and back into Thailand in under 10 min. Total cost for Myanmar visa was 250 baht.

No problems what so ever.

Hi Richard, Thank you for your post and information. I will be staying in CM when my visa expires next month. Can you please give me a few more details about your trip from CM to Maisai and anything else I might need to know. THanks again as I did not even know this visa run was possible.