Good All Round Tv Package

LDNBKK86

Hello All,

I recently moved into a flat at RCA and i am beginning to get a bit tired of watching TV on my Laptop.

What would you say was the best all round Satellite service? I hear UBC is good, but are their others for International channels?

I look forward to hearing more.

------ is true freeview worth while?

Thank you

Adam

oh, i was unaware it was a Pattaya forum, RCA (Royal City Avenue) is in Bangkok, near Ekamai on Rama 9

is it a Pattaya Forum?

Well thats where its appearing for me. You need a MOD to move it for you to the BKK area

oh, i was unaware it was a Pattaya forum, RCA (Royal City Avenue) is in Bangkok, near Ekamai on Rama 9

is it a Pattaya Forum?

Well thats where its appearing for me. You need a MOD to move it for you to the BKK area

Hang on let me look out my window, i am a deep sleeper.....

no, its defiantly Bangkok.

How do i contact a MOD?

is it a Pattaya Forum?

Hang on let me look out my window, i am a deep sleeper.....

no, its defiantly Bangkok.

How do i contact a MOD?

I doubt that you need to change the forum because the TV providers are limited and available all around Thailand. I have True vision gold package and it has the channels that I need. I suppose it depends on what you want to watch but this is pretty good all around. I had the same when I lived in Bangkok, not very far from RCA. by the way. 1500 Baht per month for the gold package.

Good luck,

rick

Definitely in Bangkok forum.

I have true gold and that gives me what i require.

I would not subscribe to a dodgy pirate outfit.

Thanks for the info, i will contact True to see when they can come and install..... After buying a nice HD TV from Paragon i hope that i will be able to enjoy the picture quality rather than the usual poor Thai TV Signal.

Next on my shopping list is a DVD and Surround Sound System to annoy the neighbours with the 'Band of Brothers' box-set.. :)

The quality of picture you get from True is awful. Its optimised to be viewed on a small screen upcountry. Just go into any bar thats showing football and you'll see how ordinary it is.

True HD is not much better, SD quality at best but certainly not what you would be used to in other countries and only 3 channels = no value.

You could check out Charoen cable to see if its available in your building, its cheap but the channel selection is limited.

The other option is to buy something like this:

http://www.wdtvlive.com/products/wdtv_live#/specs

Under 5k baht, then you can stream HDTV off your laptop on to your screen of choice. Get a hotfile account for $10 a month and your choice is pretty much unlimited......